• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us - Buy 2 Get 1 free game sale (October 11th-17th)

rc213

:lol toysrus.com now has Fallout 3 GOTY listed as $39.99 but not in stock. When is the deal over? Most likely not be able to take advantage of it which sucks.

Woohoo! Halo 3 ODST and TMNT Smash Up just showed up on my doorstep today. Brutal Legend is set to arrive tomorrow!

I know, I know. You're probably thinking, "Why did you waste a free game on TMNT?" I wanted Batman AA for PC, but it turns out PC games don't count towards the deal, at least not online. I've been looking for an excuse to get a TMNT since, oh, the SNES days. It's free, as far as I'm concerned I didn't lose anything.

ouchx100

fuck me. I bought a TRU gift card to get the games online and now I cant even order U2 or Brutal Legend. Now im stuck with $120 TRU gift card. I dont know if i want dirt 2, infamous, and something, or ?

I kind of just want my money back right now and have nothing to do with TRU. I already bought U2 from gamestop if anyone has been reading the whole thread. The plus side to this story is U2 is a great game:D worth $100 alone.

WTH infamous is out of stock too. Do they not want business?

squinters

astigmatic
I called around and Uncharted 2 is sold out in all toys r us' within 50 miles of me. Not expecting any shipments till next week too, so there goes the deal. Oh well, guess I'll just pick up U2 at Best Buy and get Scribblenauts and Layton some other time.

AniHawk

They're gonna let me return the two games I paid for for two games I want to get. A Boy and his Blob/Rabbids Go Home/NSMB Wii combo is a go.

RBH

rc213 said:
:lol toysrus.com now has Fallout 3 GOTY listed as $39.99 but not in stock. When is the deal over? Most likely not be able to take advantage of it which sucks.
Check the thread title! :p

MoogPaul

I know it's a little late but I just went there yesterday. The two Motion+ Wii Sports Resorts is available in droves at the Times Square Toys R Us.

Wrekt

Toys R Us doesn't carry 2 games I wanted so I called my local Best Buy and found out they accepted the competitor coupon. I brought it in and found out they didn't have the same 2 games that TRU didn't carry.

Ohh well. Picked up Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2 and Halo ODST.

I picked up Brutal Legend, Halo ODST and Resistance 2 (for a friend, I already had it). They've been sold out of Uncharted 2 since Monday, I was told.

edit: I'm in Las Vegas.

Timan

Developer
Called TRU and complained about the out of stock thing, and got 10% off my order :D.

Doesn't hurt to bitch at times lol

Taborcarn

Just stopped at the local TRU on the way home from work and picked up Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and NFS: Shift. My new PS3 game collection is shaping up nicely since getting my Slim, with the other games being inFamous, Valkyria Chronicles, and Demon's Souls.

Timan said:
Called TRU and complained about the out of stock thing, and got 10% off my order :D.

Doesn't hurt to bitch at times lol

Good for you! I was on the site last night and everything, I mean everything was out of stock it seemed. It looked like Uncharted 2, Batman, Brutal Legend and Infamous were the first to go too.

6817_159170616645_685251645_3264370_3756574_n.jpg

At the Toys R Us in Sugar Land, TX. They had lots of copies of everything, so get it while it's hot. I noticed that Toys R Us still carries lots of old games, and ended up having more than what Best Buy usually has.

I couldn't think of a 3rd PS3 game since I'm also a person who got PS3 Slim. But these 2 games join my collection of Uncharted, Burnout Paradise, Street Fighter IV, LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition, and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2.

MidnightScott said:
6817_159170616645_685251645_3264370_3756574_n.jpg

At the Toys R Us in Sugar Land, TX. They had lots of copies of everything, so get it while it's hot. I noticed that Toys R Us still carries lots of old games, and ended up having more than what Best Buy usually has.

Clean up you messy fuck

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I just bought a Wii so rather than buying any of the blockbusters like Uncharted (which are sold out anyway), I thought I'd get a few Wii games.

Any cheap recommendations? (only ones I've played are Super Mario Galaxy, Elebits, and Smash Brothers)

squinters said:
I called around and Uncharted 2 is sold out in all toys r us' within 50 miles of me. Not expecting any shipments till next week too, so there goes the deal.

Idiots. What kind of inventory management is that? When a big game is coming out in the same week as your B2G1F sale, order a fuckton of those games (BL & UC2).

Are the former eToys.com people doing their inventory management?

Speevy said:
Hey guys, I just bought a Wii so rather than buying any of the blockbusters like Uncharted (which are sold out anyway), I thought I'd get a few Wii games.

Any cheap recommendations? (only ones I've played are Super Mario Galaxy, Elebits, and Smash Brothers)

Klonoa, MadWorld, Elebits, Geometry Wars and No More Heroes? These are the only ones I can think of I saw for a reasonable price. If you can find them

Speevy said:

Well I can't think of anything really cheap that is good. Wario Land: The Shake Dimension is a good platformer, it's only $30 now. Muramasa: The Demon Blade I definitely recommend. New Play Control Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is only $30, and I also recommend Punch-Out!!. No More Heroes is also pretty cheap, it's awesome!

Good luck.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Clean up you messy fuck
I will, I always clean it and it become's messy after a while.

MrDenny

ouchx100 said:
fuck me. I bought a TRU gift card to get the games online and now I cant even order U2 or Brutal Legend. Now im stuck with $120 TRU gift card. I dont know if i want dirt 2, infamous, and something, or ?

I kind of just want my money back right now and have nothing to do with TRU. I already bought U2 from gamestop if anyone has been reading the whole thread. The plus side to this story is U2 is a great game:D worth $100 alone.

WTH infamous is out of stock too. Do they not want business?
You bought a TRU gift card for yourself so you can buy something online?
Why wouldn't you just pay at checkout?

Speevy said:

Mercury Meltdown Revolution

You should be able to get 3 good $19.99 games.

ouchx100

I'm only 17 and have no ATM, cc, or whatever else you can use online. My dad wasn't willing to let me us his either, so I went and got the gift card to use.

I'm going to try and find infamous, dirt2, and brutal legend in store around here. If that fails I'll keep the gift card and see what goes on sale for black friday.

Paznos

Called two stores yesterday and they didn't have Uncharted 2 nor did they have Fallout 3 GOTY edition so then I went to another store and same story but finally went to Best Buy and they price matched so I got Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GOTY PS3, and Burtal Legend PS3 for $39 each which is what the buy two get one free equals to.

squinters

astigmatic
Paznos said:
Called two stores yesterday and they didn't have Uncharted 2 nor did they have Fallout 3 GOTY edition so then I went to another store and same story but finally went to Best Buy and they price matched so I got Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GOTY PS3, and Burtal Legend PS3 for $39 each which is what the buy two get one free equals to.
My Best Buy was too cheap for that. Had to pay full price so I just grabbed Uncharted.

Man, TRU shipping is slow as hell....they sent out batman to me on saturday and it still isnt here.....and Brutal legend and Uncharted 2 are still on backorder...wtf...

anyways, I was thinking of going in to TRU to buy 3 more games and using 2 as placeholder games for borderlands and Call of duty 2...anyone else doing the placeholder thing? or is it too risky to do this time around.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
so I ordered on line, paid for 2-day shipping to take advantage of having my wife out of town all weekend on business ... and UPS has now lost my package. Great.

Definitely going to go buy some games then return them with the TRU games if / when that happens. So frustrating.

AniHawk

Speevy said:

Excitebots ($40)
A Boy and his Blob ($40)
Klonoa ($30)

Also, get a $20 points card and buy NyxQuest (platformer) and Swords & Soldiers (sidescrolling RTS). Both are really awesome.

On a related note, I just got A Boy and his Blob, Dead Space Extraction, and Muramasa. In the off-chance I won't be able to return the games I paid for (Dead Space and Muramasa) for Rabbids Go Home and NSMB Wii, I should wind up with something good.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
cr_blah_blah said:
My Brutal Legend finally shipped today. Uncharted 2 is still backordered. Their shipping kind of sucks.
Yea, BL just shipped for me too. Dead Space Extraction arrived in the mail today and A Boy and His Blob still hasn't shipped. On top of that they're charging me for each game separately and the actual charge on my credit card is different from what they say they're charging in the emails. TRU really needs to get their shit together.

Nightz

Went to one of the TRUs in my area and they actually had a pretty good selection. Picked up 2 copies of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for myself and my brother, and a copy of LBP GOTY for the girlfriend. I'm gonna check the other TRU tomorrow to see what they have.

zulfate

i can't seem to add in the $10 off coupon and no free shipping on my order even though the total is $78? i have yet to even purchase anything.

also i went in store today and manager there said they will not be excepting placeholder returns after the sale ends, but wouldn't the 45 days after purchase to return a game still work?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up ODST, Infamous and LBP:GOTY on Tuesday. Went back today and traded Infamous for UC2 without a hitch. Still want to trade in LPB but don't know what for. Also picked up Boy and his Blob, Eye of Judgement (with Camera) and Afro Samurai. pretty nice so far. I might get DSE, but I am not in a rush to play it.

Top Bottom