• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trackmania Turbo |OT| It's Turbo Time!

?

2497439-8462614088-Z0037.jpg

I miss this one. That Stunts game,too. I'm done with TM for a bit. Great series, but In want car vs car, maybe some power ups too. TM is great,but feels like just time trials to me sometimes.

mrobbo

Neo Member
48% off on the Aus PS Store at the moment so can't pass this up. Enjoyed the beta, but there were too many other big releases to play so passed this up at launch. Glad i did. Surprised it's drop in price this quickly though.

OCD Guy

I played the demo recently and I do like the game, but what's with the camera changing on certain parts of the track.

It's really annoying. I don't suppose this is "fixed" in the full game. I know it seems to be a design choice as opposed to a bug, but who thought it looked good?!

I really wish the camera just stayed in chase cam.

OCD Guy

It moves into the car when parts of the track would otherwise obstruct it. So you don't get a wall between you and the car.

Ah ok that makes sense, I assume that must be more of a problem on certain tracks then, as I don't feel the tracks I played on the demo would have caused an issue in third person view but I could be wrong.

My ocd hates the view change, I guess a way around that is to just stick in first person view then.

epmode

Ah ok that makes sense, I assume that must be more of a problem on certain tracks then, as I don't feel the tracks I played on the demo would have caused an issue in third person view but I could be wrong.

Unless Turbo handles it differently, the game only switches into first person for loops and certain jumps when your car's precise heading is critical. A third person camera lagging behind your car's angle could easily ruin your run.

Hm. I want a racing game. I see this has local mp but is there classic against a.i in races?

The hot seat stuff looks fun for when I have friends over

Lego Boss

Just Primed this. Looking forward to slinging my controller against the wall as l can't beat that gold time.

Trial was a lot of fun. Those graphix take me back to Stunt Race FX (remember that?!) Scud Race and WipEout.

Good times brother.

How active is this game currently on PS4? And how diverse are the servers now that the game's been out for a while and users had more time to create stuff?

VR mode is great, just disappointed you can't play the full game in VR :(
Really glad I cancelled my PSVR then. Assumed it was the full game in VR (and kind of feared the results), it's free and I'm sure really cool but yea......that's not what I was expecting

It's a shame that they advertised that the full game and all modes would be available in VR, and then release 40 VR Tracks only. That disappoints me greatly that they pulled, somewhat, a bait and switch.

JP

That's good news, I don't have a PSVR headset yet but this is a game that will really benefit from super sampling and getting a bit of a polish.

Afrikan

It's a shame that they advertised that the full game and all modes would be available in VR, and then release 40 VR Tracks only. That disappoints me greatly that they pulled, somewhat, a bait and switch.

wonder if it were too dangerous from their perspective.. imagine someone creating a track of nothing but loops and spins and loops and spins. :x

I'd be down!

vermadas

I'm glad I only paid $10 for this game a year ago. They advertised VR support at Rift launch. Then it never arrived, and they wouldn't specify when it was actually coming beyond "soon". So here it is, seven months late. But then they don't add VR support to the existing 200 track roster, and instead limit it to 40 new tracks that are tuned to limit discomfort. And apparently the camera is fixed to the track and not the car.

I mean, I get it. They don't want it to be a vomit comet, but those of us who are more resilient would at least like the option to make it more intense. Put VR support on the original tracks and say it's "experimental" with a disclaimer or something.

Ugh.

How's the split screen in this?? My girlfriend loves Sonic All Star racing split screen. Would like to find a good alternative on the PS4. The PS3 is just so damn slow comparatively.

Did anything ever come out in terms of mod support? I heard around release that custom car models wouldn't be possible which is kinda dumb for a TM game.

I've always been curious about trying this game but I want it moddable at least.

muteki

wonder if it were too dangerous from their perspective.. imagine someone creating a track of nothing but loops and spins and loops and spins. :x

I'd be down!

Hopefully after a few high profile, less conservative releases the powers that be will figure out that games that have a potential for sickness don't result in massive amounts of returns. I have to think that this is fears over a potential economic problem in a new, unproven market.

But yeah, a little "use at your own risk" option would go a long way for this and other titles.

The PS4 version is currently on sale on PSN as part of the Black Friday sale. Has anybody tried it out on PS4 Pro since the patch? Wondering how the image quality is.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Bump I guess.

Has anyone with a Pro played this post patch?

I'm thinking about grabbing it but would like to hear thoughts relating to the 4K visuals, performance.

I bought this when it released, but only now got into it. I find the single player campaign really fun, but obtaining those gold medals is really difficult. I can't imagine getting Platinum in this game ,considering you need Gold in every single track!

Top Bottom