• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trance Music |OT| #trancefamily

daviyoung

Banned
The Digital Blonde has just released a mammoth double album and it looks spectacular

huVBUzV.jpg

https://www.beatport.com/release/the-witches/1904782#

01. Screaming Banshee (16:15)
02. Avion (11:27)
03. Pleiadia (8:44)
04. Dreamscape (8:42)
05. Solita (11:58)
06. Merkabah (12:03)
07. The Witches (9:03)
08. State of Dream (12:56)
09. Aliens Attack (8:48)
10. Symposium (9:54)
11. Paradise (9:54)
12. Wishmaster (8:17)
13. Earth Tone (12:54)

He made a preview mix

This is a beast of an album

jambo

I pre-ordered the new JOOF Editions Vol 3, but I forgot that Beatport doesn't have multiple time zones, so even though it's 2.30pm on March 6 in Australia, it's still only 9pm on the 5th in the US =[

I pre-ordered the new JOOF Editions Vol 3, but I forgot that Beatport doesn't have multiple time zones, so even though it's 2.30pm on March 6 in Australia, it's still only 9pm on the 5th in the US =[

Still nowhere to be seen on other storefronts.

It's a timed exclusive, isn't it?

The new Ferry Corsten single, also the first track for his new album Blueprint, due to be released this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdrl6NkYeIw

Sounds nice although the melody isn't really as catchy as his Gouryella tracks (atleast so far). Not bad though, more promising than WKND.

thanks! i love Ferry's tracks.

I can see where he means this new album will focus on Sci-Fi concept. This song definitely feels outer-space.

also i am so late to the party. My other fav DJ Sander Van Doorn is going do trance again? this has me so effin excited.

Ashhong

The new Ferry Corsten single, also the first track for his new album Blueprint, due to be released this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdrl6NkYeIw

Sounds nice although the melody isn't really as catchy as his Gouryella tracks (atleast so far). Not bad though, more promising than WKND.

Not bad! I was expecting pop trance but this is like a compromise between Gouryella and Ferry sounds, I like it. Although a new album means that he probably won't be touring as Gouryella anymore, which makes me sad.

Yeah all JOOF label stuff has 2 week exclusivity on Beatport.

It finally popped up on iTunes, in the middle of the day no less.

Only now I've found a ton of other albums of interest... like potentially catching up with the deluxe reissue of Orkidea's last album.

Well, for everyone who wants more Gouryella, remember that guy everyone thought was Gouryella for a while who then got his track into the Gouryella tour setlist?

DIM3NSION - Voorpret

I think he's officially our Gouryella-designate for the foreseeable future.

Ferr986

The new Gouryella, debuted yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGOVky74rdQ

Well, for everyone who wants more Gouryella, remember that guy everyone thought was Gouryella for a while who then got his track into the Gouryella tour setlist?

DIM3NSION - Voorpret

I think he's officially our Gouryella-designate for the foreseeable future.

This one is nice, and yeah it's really Gouryella-ish.

I forgot how much I loved Anahera <3

I kind of like Neba better. The new one seems to be more like Anahera though.

Ashhong

Love that these guys are coming back to trance. I've always enjoyed W&W trance, even if it's more bigroom. Used to love Arty so I'm glad he's back as well. His Ultra set as Alpha9 was pretty good if you guys haven't heard it.

Wheres the new Gouryella?! That link is broken..

Wheres the new Gouryella?! That link is broken..

No link to this is going to stay online for long. Just try to find a rip of the Gouryella set from Ultra Music Festival 2017 in Miami last weekend and skip to track 9.

It's an ID so do we even know what the artist is?

Ferr986

Yeah links are getting destroyed, but tomorrow Ferry will premiere it at his show, so I guess tomorrow we will have an allowed rip.

here's a link but dunno how much it will last
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVyzhMsDZ8

And yeah it's a new Gouryella cause Armin said it so at the ASOT stream. It will be called Venera (Vee's theme).

Btw, I wasn't sure about the track at first but now it got stuck in my head, so I guess it's gud lol

Ashhong

Yeah links are getting destroyed, but tomorrow Ferry will premiere it at his show, so I guess tomorrow we will have an allowed rip.

here's a link but dunno how much it will last
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVyzhMsDZ8

And yeah it's a new Gouryella cause Armin said it so at the ASOT stream. It will be called Venera (Vee's theme).

Btw, I wasn't sure about the track at first but now it got stuck in my head, so I guess it's gud lol

It's beautiful

Ferr986

It's beautiful

I think it's cool that, even though of course he tries to have a little of that Gouryella feel, he doesn't do, like the same kind of track every year (down to use same synths and all of that).

Pretty happy how these new Gouryellas are turning (other than the low bpm, come on Ferry, bump it a little).

Here it is the rip from his show (so not live set, better quality )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhShvZDJpL4

It will be released on his new artist album

That's been taken down because the official teaser is up now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwxxtkEDIqQ

And the promo blurb for that new album is... hubristic.

Stimulated by an idea to unite the music with a storyline that stretches beyond a nebulous lyrical theme, Ferry wanted to explore his appreciation for the art of screenwriting and film scores and bring to the project a wider scaling approach. Drafting in acclaimed screenwriter David H Miller (of House Of Cards and Rosewood fame), the pair worked closely on storyboarding a narrative to accompany the albums conceptual direction. What results for the end listener is a body of work that is polished, synthesised and intellectual in its in conclusion.

With the storyline giving nods to the proses of iconic sci-fi authors such as Jules Verne, Hugo Gernsback and most distinctively HG Wells, whilst equally sharing familiarities with modern day shows such as The OA, Westworld and retro Sci-fi-fest Stranger Things, ‘Blueprint’ is an explorative piece of work that puts Sci-fi at its interstellar core. Hollywood actor Campbell Scott (known for The Amazing Spider-Man and The Exorcism of Emily Rose) provides his voice as the narrative of the album flirts between first and third person narration. A unique output for one of the biggest names in the electronic scene but Ferry’s attempts with ‘Blueprint’ is to bring a wider perspective to the listener, as he aims the album to be inclusive of dimensions of religion, history, idea and science fiction.

Remember the Anahera music video? I suspect this whole album could just be about his "Fibonacci sequence proves God exists" idea from that video.

Oh, the new Solarstone album is in two weeks.

It's actually great to see a trance album so focused as to be just 8 tracks! I think quite possibly anyone else would have at least 12 and a bunch of filler in there.

Weirdly none of the singles since Pure (Shield, Once, Fata Morgana, Infatuation, Herald, Lost Hearts, Lifeline) until A State of Mind are on it.

But, the title being literally "1" in Morse code... there's more to whatever this project is than just one album.

Line_HTX

I don't go to many events, but I just had to buy tickets for Armin van Buuren coming to Houston on 5/25. Yes, I know it's on a Thursday night but still too good to pass up. Nothing like experiencing the energy in person.

Ferr986

That's been taken down because the official teaser is up now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwxxtkEDIqQ

And the promo blurb for that new album is... hubristic.

Remember the Anahera music video? I suspect this whole album could just be about his "Fibonacci sequence proves God exists" idea from that video.

lmao wtf did I just read? I hate this kind of PR

Btw the extended mix is out today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnqAXjHbsiU

Thanks god he made it faster than the older Gouryella tracks! This one is 135 bpms (compared to the 132 of Anahera and Neba).

I don't go to many events, but I just had to buy tickets for Armin van Buuren coming to Houston on 5/25. Yes, I know it's on a Thursday night but still too good to pass up. Nothing like experiencing the energy in person.

Nice! That made me remember I only saw Armin once, and it was long time ago! Like, when As The Rush Comes just released.

Funny thing is that the venue was empty as fuck lol How times have changed...

I just listened to his ASOT set on Ultra and it was banging!

Cagey

Banned
Anyone here see Gabriel & Dresden live before? I grabbed tickets to their new tour on a whim given memories of riding the bus to high school bopping my head to some of their mixes but that was so very long ago.

The new Solarstone album is out! It's been a decade since AnthologyOne and it's hard to believe this is the first time I bought one of his actual albums on release.

Listening to track 1 and it's already clearly a more complex and thoughtful production than any of the singles from the last few years.

Also, it's not full-priced, so yeah, we should probably expect a follow-up album "..---" later this year.

Edit: Finished. Man, there's so much continuity from the sound of Pure, but at the same time the focus has swung from folksy songwriting back to production. (Even the song with Meredith Call from Winter Kills didn't give in to rock and country influences.)

Ironically this time it's the non-vocal songs that are definitely the highlights. Leap of Faith, Eclipse and Cafune are astonishing.

cdyhybrid

Fleming & Lawrence open to close tonight. Nice little consolation prize since I'll have to miss the trance festival here next weekend for a friend's wedding :p

Gav

The new Solarstone album is out! It's been a decade since AnthologyOne and it's hard to believe this is the first time I bought one of his actual albums on release.

Listening to track 1 and it's already clearly a more complex and thoughtful production than any of the singles from the last few years.

Also, it's not full-priced, so yeah, we should probably expect a follow-up album "..---" later this year.

Edit: Finished. Man, there's so much continuity from the sound of Pure, but at the same time the focus has swung from folksy songwriting back to production. (Even the song with Meredith Call from Winter Kills didn't give in to rock and country influences.)

Ironically this time it's the non-vocal songs that are definitely the highlights. Leap of Faith, Eclipse and Cafune are astonishing.

Cant believe i never posted in here when it was released.
What an album. As you say, so much thoughtful production in this. Phenomenal stuff.

Has anyone got the CD copy? Theres a small bit of morse code inside the sleeve that hints exactly to what youre saying about possible follow ups.
I posted about that on release day. I went to Pure Trance at Trancecoda on Sunday and he immediately told me off for posting about it all over the shop so quickly, haha.
If he wasnt sick of seeing my face so often, he can be sick of me sharing the secrets...!

Talking of Pure Trance, what a night that was. The Void soundsystem in the venue was insane. The low end was so loud and punchy, but had so much clarity. Orkidea, Solarstone and Gai Barone were all as amazing as youd expect. Was backstage for a short while and asked Gai for a photo and he bundled in for a hug. Made me laugh. Hes the nicest guy.

Did Trancecoda at the start of April, too. Askews 10 hour set, plus a load of others. Another belter of a night!

Next stops are:
- Rong Manchester tomorrow for FSOE Club Night [ReOrder, Thrillseekers, Darren Porter, James Dymond]
- 12th May - Solarstone Boat Party on the Thames, then...
- 12th May - Ferry Corsten Blueprint Launch at Ministry of Sound
- 26th May - Equinox, Leicester [Factor B 3hr Set]
- 27th May - EPIC 5.0, London
- 6th June - Digital Society X, Leeds [PureNRG, PvD, A&F, Menno, Lange, Standerwick, Neptune Project and a load more!]
- 22nd-25th June - Luminosity Beach Festival [Everyone. Ever.]
- 22nd July - Trance Beats, Bloemendaal [Solarstone, Ciaran McAuley]
- 4th August - Rong Manchester
- 29th September - Justice, Live, London
- 7th October - Rong presents Kinetic, Victoria Warehouse, Manchester [40 acts TBC]
- End October - ADE 2017!

Im sure i can fit a good few more events between June & October.

What has everyone else got coming up?

Not that I'm free to actually go to any events, but I gather that Armin has a big show in Amsterdam this week.

And the companion album is being released the same day... including AT LONG LAST the commercial release of the UCast remix of Yet Another Day. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-best-of-armin-only/id1231948296

That song is special to me because 10 years back the guest vocalist connection on this track was what got me to cross over from listening to prog rock to listening to trance. Obvious, I know, but effective.

Ferr986

Ashhong

Watching his show now. Wow what a venue. Crowd is massive

Still can't decide if I want to go to Ferrys album tour. I'm hoping for more than one gouryella track. And all three songs on the sample were good to me..love me some future bass

Watching his show now. Wow what a venue. Crowd is massive

Still can't decide if I want to go to Ferrys album tour. I'm hoping for more than one gouryella track. And all three songs on the sample were good to me..love me some future bass

By far the better live music stream today than Eurovision, even though they cut off the last hour of the show.

Also, "Preview All" works on that iTunes page - you can preview every song.

Ashhong

By far the better live music stream today than Eurovision, even though they cut off the last hour of the show.

Wait what's the other music stream? And they cut off the last hour of Armin only? :(

Ooh cool. I was actually listening to the album sample on Spotify which has the full length of the first three songs

Wait what's the other music stream? And they cut off the last hour of Armin only? :(

Ooh cool. I was actually listening to the album sample on Spotify which has the full length of the first three songs

The other stream was this year's Eurovision Song Contest (just finished, not archived yet). There's a thread in OT for it. It's... not really watched for good music.

Yeah, only 3 out of 4 hours of Armin Only streamed. Dunno why.

Ferr986

No way to do it without itunes, right?

Actually, on the oficial site there's a preview of the first track, so that's 4 previews (without itunes atleast). Melody sounds straight from a Nier game lol

They're doing some kind of weird story stuff on the site and the previews have some sound hints for something that I don't know because he's surely doing a weird release lol

http://blueprint.ferrycorsten.com/

EDIT: Just listened to the Spotify samplers. Man it's a cool idea but the voiceover on the tracks will be a little annoying to me, especially because I have a lil of hard time understanding everything (my spoken english isn't that good).

No way to do it without itunes, right?

Actually, on the oficial site there's a preview of the first track, so that's 4 previews (without itunes atleast). Melody sounds straight from a Nier game lol

They're doing some kind of weird story stuff on the site and the previews have some sound hints for something that I don't know because he's surely doing a weird release lol

http://blueprint.ferrycorsten.com/

EDIT: Just listened to the Spotify samplers. Man it's a cool idea but the voiceover on the tracks will be a little annoying to me, especially because I have a lil of hard time understanding everything (my spoken english isn't that good).

Yeah, I guess you can't play any iTunes previews at all without installing iTunes. And it's not up on Amazon or Beatport.

If you listen to the full previews, the Nier comparison is even more appropriate. The story is all about androids and humans and the revelation that
humans are "mechanized" using blueprints beamed from across the universe
, so...

And I just spoiler-tagged a trance album.

Ferr986

Yeah, I guess you can't play any iTunes previews at all without installing iTunes. And it's not up on Amazon or Beatport.

If you listen to the full previews, the Nier comparison is even more appropriate. The story is all about androids and humans and the revelation that
humans are "mechanized" using blueprints beamed from across the universe
, so...

And I just spoiler-tagged a trance album.

lol story spoilers from a trance album, what a time...

To be honest, I totally expected that being the outcome, I mean,
Ferry has always had a thing for that, since Tenshi video, all of his Gouryella videos had that theme about "we are engineers but who engineered us".

Ashhong

It's pretty cool, but I do wish the narration was at the end of a track instead of beginning so I don't have to skip it Everytime. I'm buying two tickets to his show as we speak. Hoping for some gouryella sprinkled in

It's pretty cool, but I do wish the narration was at the end of a track instead of beginning so I don't have to skip it Everytime. I'm buying two tickets to his show as we speak. Hoping for some gouryella sprinkled in

Remember CDs? CD technology has a built-in solution for this. Back in the day there were lots of discs where they put this filler stuff in the "gaps" between tracks so you could just skip straight to the start of the next song.

I would buy a CD for Blueprint if they used the gaps correctly like this. But you kind of suspect that nobody will bother with that.

Ashhong

Remember CDs? CD technology has a built-in solution for this. Back in the day there were lots of discs where they put this filler stuff in the "gaps" between tracks so you could just skip straight to the start of the next song.

I would buy a CD for Blueprint if they used the gaps correctly like this. But you kind of suspect that nobody will bother with that.

Eh? I used to burn CDs all the time. What do you mean put it in the gaps? These narrations are like a minute long. I think it would work if they just put it in the end so we can skip to the next song and it plays lol. Actually in iTunes u can set the beginning time of a song, I'll probably do that lol

Eh? I used to burn CDs all the time. What do you mean put it in the gaps? These narrations are like a minute long. I think it would work if they just put it in the end so we can skip to the next song and it plays lol. Actually in iTunes u can set the beginning time of a song, I'll probably do that lol

If you had a track with a minute of filler at the start then you could have, say, track 3 start at -1:00. Everything between -1:00 and 0:00 would be in the gap.

And, even better, a lot of the CD rippers I used would by default put the gap on the end of the previous track and not the start of the next track.

Top Bottom