• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

arkon

Awesome, thanks! Still need to decide if I'm going to make that dive of course, because while the sale is awesome, I've also already bought a LOT via it.
It's worth it. The trades of the series I read this year are up there with the best stuff I've read all year.

All but confirmed. I think it was part of some leak that said they had 3 events planned before the end of the year and it got Olympics right. Halloween and Christmas after that.
You know, I'd love a Square Enix event/crossover. Give each character 1 costume based on a hero/villain and 1 based on a FF Job. Helps that SE handle Overwatch in Japan and have streams with Blizzard all the time.

Something about the Titans art bothers me. It's something with the faces, sometimes they all just look so cartoony or something.
I can understand that. It can be hard to take certain moments seriously when they look like Crash Bandicoot trying to talk.
is invincible iron man worth reading anymore?
I stopped after the last arc because I was so disappointed. Same with International. I'm just waiting for the new shit at this point.
Do people dislike deep-dish?

You haven't read DC: The New Frontier?!?! :eek:

haha nope, never! I know, I know. After the Parker adaptations (which I really recommend, the hardcover collections are really nice), I always meant to check out his DC stuff but it's just a in a long list of things haha I have trouble keeping up with my current stuff, never mind older cape stuff. Anything else you would recommend?

VanWinkle

haha nope, never! I know, I know. After the Parker adaptations (which I really recommend, the hardcover collections are really nice), I always meant to check out his DC stuff but it's just a in a long list of things haha I have trouble keeping up with my current stuff, never mind older cape stuff. Anything else you would recommend?

Batman Ego and Selina's Big Score, both of which are in Batman: Ego and Other Tails (coming soon to deluxe edition format). It also has a couple of other small stories.

There's also his stuff on The Spirit, which is good

VanWinkle

Holy shit, amazon says the trade is 520pgs, is that right? How many issues was it??

Seven issues. But the first six issues (the actual series, since the seventh was a bonus issue that he put out years later) are 64 pages long each. It also had tons of bonus content including a bunch of annotations by Cooke.

If we do get halloween costumes this might be a thing that happens...

It would be great if Blizzard weren't awful and future event loot boxes weren't absolute shit like the Summer games: can't use gold to purchase skins, summer boxes only have 1 summer item, duplicates, duplicates for gold you then can't use on summer items. I didn't buy any loot boxes for that event, i'm hoping the next one isn't trash-tier.

Pretty much all of my loot boxes now are duplicates. I'll buy more when there's another event, but lately most everything I get is a double, leading to me getting a measly 10-15 credits per. Last decent thing I got was Reaper's Plague Doctor skin and Ana's Wasteland skin. I think I've got most everything I wanted. Skins, emotes and otherwise.

Seven issues. But the first six issues (the actual series, since the seventh was a bonus issue that he put out years later) are 64 pages long each. It also had tons of bonus content including a bunch of annotations by Cooke.

Right okay haha I thought it was 6 issues but was having trouble reconciling the length okay well I've noted it down and those others might make good Xmas list stuff cheers man, and pig for the added thoughts. Can't really say why I've never got to it, because it does look great

shouldn't mention I haven't read planetary ha

VanWinkle

Right okay haha I thought it was 6 issues but was having trouble reconciling the length okay well I've noted it down and those others might make good Xmas list stuff cheers man, and pig for the added thoughts. Can't really say why I've never got to it, because it does look great

shouldn't mention I haven't read planetary ha

:eek: Donnie, you're slacking. Well, I'll forgive you since there's so little of the Mignola-verse stuff I've read. We both need improvement.

:eek: Donnie, you're slacking. Well, I'll forgive you since there's so little of the Mignola-verse stuff I've read. We both need improvement.

Haha maybe in the new year we can do a dual challenge or something haha, if you read all the way through Hellboy I'll do planetary. I like a lot of ellis stuff too (fell!) but just never got to it.

That cliff hanger at the end of Deadly Class Volume 2 is cruel. i need Volume 3 NOW. The bit where Marcus attempts
a fart and ends up with more than he bargained for made me laugh more that it should have.
Volume 1 was great but the second arc was even more enjoyable.

That cliff hanger at the end of Deadly Class Volume 2 is cruel. i need Volume 3 NOW. The bit where Marcus attempts
a fart and ends up with more than he bargained for made me laugh more that it should have.

That literally had me in stitches, and I really don't laugh out loud at comics very often, I laughed until my sides hurt. Really good.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
there is a moment in Luke Cage episode #2 where something clicks

"see this? it's my court too"

and i'm just like : O

what luck, to have a work from home day the same day this releases...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
there is a moment in Luke Cage episode #2 where something clicks

"see this? it's my court too"

and i'm just like : O

what luck, to have a work from home day the same day this releases...
Love this show so far. Easily in my top three of all of MCU Netflix

Messi

If you think the end of that volume is cruel...

200w.gif

Buckle up!

Sandfox

DC will probably even back off of it once they drop the Rebirth part, if they stay as positive as they have been.

DC is only doing it for the first few issues of books and there was a reply to that Big Bang Comics lines of tweets about a guy knowing store owners with 40 long boxes worth of Rebirth books to return lol. Someone needs to put a proper infrastructure in place for returnability, but it's never going to happen.

DC is only doing it for the first few issues of books and there was a reply to that Big Bang Comics lines of tweets about a guy knowing store owners with 40 long boxes worth of Rebirth books to return lol. Someone needs to put a proper infrastructure in place for returnability, but it's never going to happen.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of places have a shit ton of them. I was surprised to hear the first Rebirth book was getting a 5th printing. Are people just stockpiling a bunch and waiting to return all at once? That's going to suuuuuck.

VanWinkle

How's that even happen?? 40 long boxes worth? That's absolute insane. Wouldn't that be like 10-12,000 issues?

Flash

I really liked this issue as a way of showing how insane and brutal Godspeed is. We saw it before a little bit with how he dealt with his brother's killer but that could have been emotionally fueled. This issue sheds all of that possibility and shows him as a complete lunatic. I could have used less Wally and Barry whining though.

Constantine

This issue kind of went nowhere for it being a monthly book. I like what I'm reading but it seems not much happened.

Suicide Squad

Still loving it, this time the back story was pretty good as well.

Titans

I feel like this book doesn't know what aspect of the story to cover and it is getting screwed by trying to cover both. It attempts to deal with the overall mystery and not much gets answered but then it also seems to try to deal with the fact that these people barely remember Wally and their past together but then it gets interrupted by the other half. I just wish this was handled better.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Flash

I really liked this issue as a way of showing how insane and brutal Godspeed is. We saw it before a little bit with how he dealt with his brother's killer but that could have been emotionally fueled. This issue sheds all of that possibility and shows him as a complete lunatic. I could have used less Wally and Barry whining though.

Constantine

This issue kind of went nowhere for it being a monthly book. I like what I'm reading but it seems not much happened.

Suicide Squad

Still loving it, this time the back story was pretty good as well.

Titans

I feel like this book doesn't know what aspect of the story to cover and it is getting screwed by trying to cover both. It attempts to deal with the overall mystery and not much gets answered but then it also seems to try to deal with the fact that these people barely remember Wally and their past together but then it gets interrupted by the other half. I just wish this was handled better.

Dropped Flash and Constantine. Constantine seemed dull and Flash's only hook was Godspeed's identity which I guessed in the first issue so fuck that.

I agree with SS, a surprise hit for me.

Also agree with Titans, the story with Kadabra is dull. Rather it focused on the watchmen.

Dropped Flash and Constantine. Constantine seemed dull and Flash's only hook was Godspeed's identity which I guessed in the first issue so fuck that.

I agree with SS, a surprise hit for me.

Also agree with Titans, the story with Kadabra is dull. Rather it focused on the watchmen.

I feel like I may be being too apologetic for Flash. I completely agree it is really dull a lot of times, and I was hoping once Godspeed ID was revealed that it would maybe pick up a bit, but I can see this issue being completely dull if you don't give a shit about how Godspeed is other than him just being the villain. Half this issue I was bored to tears. Barry running away. CryingHealing by himself and then the whole speedster/wally stuff. But Godspeed being Godspeed I thought was all great.

Someone recommend a Comic to me that is pretty much standalone please!

It can be a couple issues or volumes even but if possible, finished, and contained in one book or at the most a couple TBPs (think stuff like Six gun Gorilla, Locke and Key or whatever) .

It can be a couple issues or volumes even but if possible, finished, and contained in one book or at the most a couple TBPs (think stuff like Six gun Gorilla, Locke and Key or whatever) .

Ivar, Timewalker (3 trades or 1 deluxe)
Buzzkill (1 trade)
Ghost Fleet (2 trades)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I feel like I may be being too apologetic for Flash. I completely agree it is really dull a lot of times, and I was hoping once Godspeed ID was revealed that it would maybe pick up a bit, but I can see this issue being completely dull if you don't give a shit about how Godspeed is other than him just being the villain. Half this issue I was bored to tears. Barry running away. CryingHealing by himself and then the whole speedster/wally stuff. But Godspeed being Godspeed I thought was all great.

If it improves I'll pick it back up

Shame, since Godspeed's design and name is badass

Ponn

Banned

In the spirit of Halloweenie i'm going to suggest Wytches. You can probably get the trade physical or digital for about $6.

Hey comic-gaf I was moving a bookshelf and re-sorting some stuff and came across these. Totally forget I had them back during my floppy days.

They are all first print, think they are worth anything? Not going to sell them but just wondering.

Sandfox

In the spirit of Halloweenie i'm going to suggest Wytches. You can probably get the trade physical or digital for about $6.

Hey comic-gaf I was moving a bookshelf and re-sorting some stuff and came across these. Totally forget I had them back during my floppy days.

They are all first print, think they are worth anything? Not going to sell them but just wondering.

I have the Wizard and ASM books too lol.

The wake? Or Severed? Dont know why its snyder books coming to mind probs because i read the wytches rec haha You threw me off with locke and key though haha, that's like 6 volumes.

Also, damn, I remember when everyone was flipping over six gun Gorilla in here haha

Top Bottom