• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark leaked by Amazon

CamHostage

Like, it looks like some recycled footage from the Cybertron games with the movie stuff thrown in. I didn't see High Moons name on it at the end either.
Wait, I see Cybertron designs, movie designs, and what looked like Prime designs (the one bot's face). I am confused. I'll just have to wait to hear more.

Recycled content, wildly-mixed canons... maybe this isn't a traditional game, and instead is like a MP combat game, like a Battlefront-for-Transformers? The Multiplayer modes from previous games (Dark of the Moon had multi, right?) retooled and redone added to and repackaged on the new platforms? There's no big boss or narrative story set-up or huge stinger moment, it's just bots on each set of stages killing each other, maybe it isn't the same full-scale game that we're thinking? Edge of Reality has done a bunch of different types of games, but most recently they have gotten into the free-to-play market with Loadout, maybe that was a factor in why they were chosen to carry on the franchise?

Recycled content, wildly-mixed canons... maybe this isn't a traditional game, and instead is like a MP combat game, like a Battlefront-for-Transformers? The Multiplayer modes from previous games (Dark of the Moon had multi, right?) retooled and redone added to and repackaged on the new platforms? There's no big boss or narrative story set-up or huge stinger moment, it's just bots on each set of stages killing each other, maybe it isn't the same full-scale game that we're thinking? Edge of Reality has done a bunch of different types of games, but most recently they have gotten into the free-to-play market with Loadout, maybe that was a factor in why they were chosen to carry on the franchise?

I wouldn't mind that if it was </=$15. I very much enjoyed the multiplayer in WoC and especially in FoC, if it is the same formula and a reasonable price I could see myself buying it.

curb

Banned
Is there some kind of alternate reality type thing going on in that trailer? It seems like that shot where they fade from War for Cybertron Optimus to movie Optimus is alluding to something about the game's setup. Maybe I'm reading too much into it...

Top Bottom