• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treasure Island Z (Wii) full page scan

farnham

Banned
i really love this game... graphics need a little bit of polish but it could reach Zelda WW levels.. the character design is loveley.. and it looks like a cool concept..

Chris Remo said:
It's so bizarre to me, as an old school PC adventure game fan, that graphic adventures are having something of a rebirth recently on consoles, and from Japanese developers no less. Let's hope we get some good ones. It's so hard to end up with truly well written scripts through localization--when I say good I don't mean just enjoyable, I mean genuinely well written with genuinely well crafted characters, along the lines of Tim Schafer's Full Throttle or Grim Fandango.

Hopefully the recent visibility of the genre leads to some of the old masters returning, people like Ron Gilbert (Monkey Island) and Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight) who have tried to get projects greenlit recently but who have faced difficulty due to the waning of the adventure market. Jensen does have something in the works, and hopefully that does pan out. Gilbert has something he's been pitching but hasn't had any bites as far as I'm aware.

Out of curiousity, did you like DS offerings like Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory/Another Code?

Top Bottom