• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trevor Noah (The Daily Show) on the Philando Castile ruling and dash cam video

Spit a little truth and people assume you are angry.

Nah, not really. Truth and Anger can be mutually exclusive, actually. I think you're the one here making odd assumptions, per usual.

That's heart-breaking. This country is in real need of some soul searching, assuming it still has a soul left to be found.

Not anytime soon. Violence and ignorance is engrained in our history . It's going to take generations before we ever get beyond this shit, if we ever do at all.

roknin

A cop car drove behind me for a few miles on the way home from work today and all I could think about was this case, and what would people think or say about me after I'm gone.

We just never know. Like any day, run into the wrong cop and that could be it.

And he's spot fuckin on too, it's always something WE do. Don't wear a hoodie, don't argue, don't put your hands up, don't run...

I just don't even know what to say. Get pulled over while black, 50/50 chance you might get home.

1:10 odds if your killer is a cop, he'll be found not guilty cuz most of the country sees you as a threat anyway.

Nepenthe

Please note that this is most likely the member that you're chastising Enzom over for supposedly being angry towards.

Let's also note the cringe of getting mad at black people in this thread- of all threads- for being angry at someone who shat it up so much that the fucking forum founder got involved.

Thanks.

I offered him to correct me on saying that he was acting like a huge cunt, but now I'm gonna correct myself on his behalf: he IS a huge cunt

Good fucking riddance

Enzom21

Thank YOU. If that was linked earlier I completely missed it.

Without having seen this twitter account, do you really think the wall of bullshit EviLore quoted was worth anything more than the mockery I gave it?

People like gregor7777 and xDUMPWEEDx(at least he was smart enough to bail) try to make threads involving this subject about anything but race/raicsm.
They'll nitpick any niggling detail to steer the conversation away from the issue.

They absolutely deserve any and all derision thrown their way. But make no mistake, it isn't done out of anger.
What assumption did Slay make, by the way?

dabig2

Please note that this is most likely the member that you're chastising Enzom over for supposedly being angry towards.

Let's also note the cringe of getting mad at black people in this thread- of all threads- for being angry at someone who shat it up so much that the fucking forum founder got involved.

Thanks.

I told ya'll to stop wasting your time on him. It's what they want, make it all about them and chastise the community over petty ass shit that really has nothing to do with the topic or discussion on hand that only seeks to derail everything.

Anyways, once upon a time, a man got fucked. How's that for a story?
screen-shot-2017-05-05-at-4-43-13-pm.png

Sunster

I don't know what a black man is supposed to do when pulled over. like literally, they can't do shit. it's just fucked that they literally have no control over the situation. no matter what they do or say or in what manner they do it, it's not enough to guarantee they will get out of even a motherfucking traffic violation alive. Jesus Christ, it's like they need to text their family and tell everyone they love them when they see those red and blue lights in their rear view.

I cannot fathom letting that cop off. There's no getting around it. Juries just WILL NOT convict cops over a black persons death. They just won't under any circumstance. They refuse. If that's not evidence that black lives don't matter in this fucking country idk what evidence is.

mortal

Gold Member
I really struggle to make sense of it. Life is so miserably fleeting, there is no shortage of suffering in the world as it is. Why do we continue to make things worse for one another?

This hatred and fear are self-destructive. I can't imagine how a person can find any genuine self-worth from hating another human being or treating them as lesser for something as trivial as the shade of their skin.

Plus respect for Trevor once again
I really have not words how sad this was for me.

Isn't he getting a paycheck from them? Not exactly an impartial opinion.

It's a pretty impressive ability to turn the murder of Philando Castile into a 5 minute rant about how is he is the actual real victim.

I learned something new, the NRA hires black people

this guy voted for Trump though?

Flintty

I can't believe they let him off. I saw the video footage of his girlfriend in the back of the police car with her daughter. Fucking heartbreaking. How can this happen?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just wow...first time seeing the footage.

This is beyond messed up...like how ?

Top Bottom