• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch pull Nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus map in Black Ops 2(Up: Back, in playlist)

Raxus

Kotick has a red button on his desk. When that button lights up it means that somewhere out there people are having too much goddamn fun in proportion to the amount of money they've spent. He slams his meaty fist down hard on that button and people scurry to set things right.

You forgot to mention the people are demons that submit to their master's beck and call.
A step in the right direction for the Call of Duty series. Tempted to pick it up on PC.

How?

MJLord

Should we tweet @activision?

My god they've never tweeted...

@treyarch?

Maybe we can call in some cavalry if people here have it good with another community.

I tweeted Treyarch but more people should be tweeting, although as I said earlier I never got the game I'm just opposed to what has happened.

So is this the latest DLC thing guys? Preorder bonuses that end up only being "trials" for the upcoming dlc, where people have to rebuy it to actually really own it?

FStop7

Banned
You forgot to mention the people are demons that submit to their master's beck and call.

I envision them more as gray-skinned underlings, hunched and broken through years of forced piggy back rides around the Activision campus.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
and to think I preordered so I could play this map with my buddies

You still can, in custom games? They only pulled the playlist that the public could play on. Non-pre-orders are screwed. Pre-orders still have the map. It's scuzzy but if they're going to do this, I think this is just going to make people do custom games similar to Halo 3's community doing what they wanted when Bungie wouldn't do it for them.

Shadybiz

I tweeted Treyarch but more people should be tweeting, although as I said earlier I never got the game I'm just opposed to what has happened.

I have had a twitter acct for a couple of years.. I never look at it, and I've never made a single tweet. I now have 1 tweet to my name.

orznge

Banned
You still can, in custom games? They only pulled the playlist that the public could play on. Non-pre-orders are screwed. Pre-orders still have the map. It's scuzzy but if they're going to do this, I think this is just going to make people do custom games similar to Halo 3's community doing what they wanted when Bungie wouldn't do it for them.

Pack up everyone, this is no longer an issue.

B-Dex

Except you can't lvl up in custom games.

sixghost

The entire reason people play Nuketown is because it's small as hell and you get lots of XP quickly.

zeelman

I think its fine that they are doing this. Its way to easy to level up on the map. In the original Black Ops on PC, a vast majority of the servers were 24/7 Nuketown for fast leveling.

Plus with the terrible spawns in this game, the only mode where it is fun to play is Search.

Tarps

If it ain't in a public playlist, it might as well not be there.

Seems to be a fair amount of hate for Treyarc on twitter already. To be honest I think it's a kotick decision and he happy for the free PR.

Fantasmo

Who cares about leveling up? What are you all on about? Do you play to level up or enjoy the game? Fuck XP. Nuketown means aim and shoot. Every other map outright sucks with all the crappy design decisions.

Nuketown is like the old arena shooters like Quake 3. I was actually having conversations and laughing with teammates AND opponents in the lobbies. I can't remember the last time that happened!

The rest of the game is different. It's full of everything that sucks about multiplayer gaming.

XP whoring wouldn't be a issue if you halved the xp in that playlist... Everyone would be happy, no?

Take away ALL the XP and I guarantee tons of people would still play it exclusively.

TommyT

nuketown2025.jpg

Struggling to see where it says for a limited time only.

Nothing in that picture seems wrong. People who preordered this still have that multiplayer map do they not?

Adam Blue

Who cares about leveling up? What are you all on about? Do you play to level up or enjoy the game? Fuck XP. Nuketown means aim and shoot. Every other map outright sucks with all the crappy design decisions.

Nuketown is like the old arena shooters like Quake 3. I was actually having conversations and laughing with teammates and opponents in the lobbies. The rest of the game is different. It's full of everything that sucks about multiplayer gaming.

Ah, voice of reason. Nevermind guys, we had it wrong the whole time.

FStop7

Banned
I think its fine that they are doing this. Its way to easy to level up on the map. In the original Black Ops on PC, a vast majority of the servers were 24/7 Nuketown for fast leveling.

Plus with the terrible spawns in this game, the only mode where it is fun to play is Search.

The thing is people were having a lot of fun, you know? Not everything has to be about leveling up and XP and leet skillz, as someone else said. If this was really their concern then they could have reduced XP for games in Nuketown.

MYeager

So did people who pre-order the WiiU version get only one day to try the playlist? That seems like poor planning considering how heavily they used it as a pre-order incentive.

orznge

Banned
So did people who pre-order the WiiU version get only one day to try the playlist? That seems like poor planning considering how heavily they used it as a pre-order incentive.

The map, not the playlist, was used as a pre-order incentive. Entitled fucking assholes.

TommyT

So what you're saying is "people are wrong, and stupid, to take issue with the removal of this playlist", correct?

Nope. What I'm saying is that "Nothing in that picture seems wrong." I then go on to ask the following question: " People who preordered this still have that multiplayer map do they not?" Which, after reading posts in this thread, seems to hold true. However I was making sure that this was still the case and thus asked the question.

Fantasmo

I did, and I'm not saying that is what people have issue with. Seems you lack reading comprehension.

When was the last time you played a game where a map was made only for custom or offline play? When do you draw the line on taking things completely literally and expect nothing more TommyT? How much are you going to take apart this particular post?

There is no reason from the prerelease hype to imagine that Nuketown wouldn't be integrated into gameplay. There is also no reason from the release to believe that it would be removed after less than a week.

thats cool but they didnt advertise it as a map that wouldnt even be in rotation. Lol at playing the entitled card though.

And to you and TommyT in-game it said it would be 24/7 and NEVER CLOSE.

Take another look:
iSEmcqksR480t.png

That itself is a direct and blatant lie.

Go ahead and dissect my post but you're wrong. It was hyped to hell and back and the damn game said it was there to stay. There is no counter to that. Is it legal? Fuck if I know. Is it ethical? Fuck no.

What a waste of money for me and my friend.

orznge

Banned
When was the last time you played a game where a map was made only for custom or offline play? When do you draw the line on taking things completely literally and expect nothing more TommyT? How much are you going to take apart this particular post?

Or are you like most people and you change your agenda when it fits you?

There is no reason from the prerelease hype to imagine that Nuketown wouldn't be integrated into gameplay. There is also no reason from the release to believe that it would be removed after less than a week.

And In-game it said it would be 24/7 and NEVER CLOSE. That itself was a blatant lie.

Go ahead and dissect my post but you're wrong. It was hyped to hell and back and the damn game said it was there to stay. There is no counter to that.

He believes that if he does pedantic damage control that shareholders who are monitoring this thread will award him stock.

Veezy

que?
Just so we're clear, I bought the digital deluxe version so I could get the extra map for Zombie mode and for Multiplayer. If I'm understanding this correctly, the extra twenty dollars that I paid for this game now, effectively, is gone as I cannot use the map, that I bought, till Activision decides to let it be played?

That's pretty fucked. Especially since the upgrade and the digital deluxe edition are still being sold, both advertising the extra map. How is that not illegal?

EDIT: -Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map – Relive the close quarters chaos of this classic fan-favorite map re-imagined in a 1960s visionary depiction of the “model home of the future.”

In case anybody wants the direct quote. How anybody could think this means I would only be able to play it in custom games is just out of their mind.

TommyT

Or are you like most people and you change your agenda when it fits you?

And In-game it said it would be 24/7 and NEVER CLOSE. That itself was a blatant lie.

Go ahead and dissect my post but you're wrong. It was hyped to hell and back and the damn game said it was there to stay. There is no counter to that.

So I'm wrong in my understanding that people who preordered this map still have it to play? That's why I asked my question, to clarify that I understand what I've read previously.

And to you and TommyT in-game it said it would be 24/7 and NEVER CLOSE.

Take another look:
iSEmcqksR480t.png

That itself is a direct and blatant lie.

I wasn't asking anything about that. Seems like you're having a hard time with a simple question being asked as well, which is rather sad. I mean, I quoted a particular picture and asked a question that related to it. Yet, two people decide to go off on large, rage-filled tangents and can't just answer a simple question.

He believes that if he does pedantic damage control that shareholders who are monitoring this thread will award him stock.

:lol seems like you two have some misplaced angst.

aku:jiki

And to you and TommyT in-game it said it would be 24/7 and NEVER CLOSE. That itself is a direct and blatant lie.

Go ahead and dissect my post but you're wrong. It was hyped to hell and back and the damn game said it was there to stay. There is no counter to that. Is it legal? Fuck if I know. Is it ethical? Fuck no.

What a waste of money for me and my friend.
Don't worry! Come february or so, you can own Nuketown 2025 for the low price of 1200 Microsoft points, as part of map pack 1! Or subsrcibe to the Elite season pass NOW to get early access!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

The Wii U has no Nuketown at all, as the Wii U isn't set up to download DLC items until sometime in December.

Acheron

Banned
Not that I really play CoD much any more, but I'm surprised there are folks defending the action.

The "it gives you a map, not a playlist" response is ridiculous. It's something a cartoon evil lawyer would say.

Tarps

did you read any of my other posts inches above that one

orznge - having the map available for only private matches is worthless, not to mention unprecedented.

It's a fair assumption that nuketown would be available for public play like every other damn cod map.

Top Bottom