• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch pull Nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus map in Black Ops 2(Up: Back, in playlist)

Kinyou

Can't believe there are people defending this shit.

Where's that NeoGAF.gif when I need it?
Take mine

milla4neogaf9kz41.gif

Kamek

lol, this is why I don't buy this series anymore and why I will never go fully cloud/downloadable. Can't stand when developers pull shit like this.

kitch9

Banned
Well, that'll teach me to be busy and never get to play the map I paid for, how stupid of me.

I'm a retard and its all my fault they've taken the stuff away that I paid for.

I'm a total twat.

Hang on.....

Hahaha oh wow. My CoD-addicted friend swears this is ridiculous and couldn't be true but he refuses to go and check. he also refuses to acknowledge that at this rate it's possible that NT2025 will be used to try and sell the first map pack. Amazing.

FStop7

Banned
I mean seriously, this move was so dumb. Putting Nuketown into its own little mode off to the side was a great idea! It catered to the people who loved it without forcing it upon everyone. Why fuck with that??

Marjorine

I never post. I am posting here. This is not cool. I love Nuketown. It was a MAJOR selling point to me. Total bait and switch.

Preorder the game through Amazon. Amazon/UPS loses my copy in the mail. Takes 2 separate calls to get it fixed. Game arrives today. Sees NeoGaf thread. Files a return with Amazon.

Games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Combine this and Vondahaar's HORRIBLE Reddit AMA which he got blasted and downvoted,

One comment in the negatives while five others are at 0 and the rest are positive (but not really answering game questions since he's piggy-backing off a stupid bands AMA) is "blasted and downvoted?"

FStop7

Banned
it was because whenever the map came on map selection it would ALWAYS get selected because its a small maps and easy to gain exp.

kinda broke the variety in maps so out it went. they should probably rectify those who bought the game on pre-order with something else.

In BLOPS 2 Nuketown was never part of the rotation. It was its own thing.

Shadybiz

I mean seriously, this move was so dumb. Putting Nuketown into its own little mode off to the side was a great idea! It catered to the people who loved it without forcing it upon everyone. Why fuck with that??

I thought the same thing. I even spoke great things of Treyarch at a party this weekend because of this fun decision to have a separate playlist. This is just total horseshit.

AHA-Lambda

OMG after all the shit I went through via Activision support to get replacement codes for the ones missing from my copy they pull it! I've played like 3 matches on it!

There is NO defending this. Anyone that is should stop drinking the kool-aid and get their priorities straight.

kitch9

Banned
I'm struggling to understand why I can't play a map I paid for..... Did it say that they would pull the map when I entered into a contract to buy their product?

Adam Blue

This is horrible. I love the comment that the playlist is called "Nuketown 24/7" and was only out for 6 days.

But really, I like to play devil's advocate but I can't here. This is crap. We need to take to Twitter or any where else our voice can be heard. I just got my friend to buy this last night and no more Nuketown for him? And for others that are in the same predicament, I'm pissed.

Fantasmo

Seriously?

Yes. I paid full price just to play Nuketown with casuals in a moshpit because I find it fun and because I don't have the opportunity to get 11 people to always want to play Nuketown except my one friend.

If they can have magazine and newspaper articles that they make tons of money off map packs and they advertise the map everywhere and then they remove that advertised feature, I was scammed. I am done with these fucking virtual games and the outright LIES we are given.

Nuketown 2025. 24/7. We never close. How much more BLATANT does anyone need it to be to not feel taken advantage of?

MJLord

But really, I like to play devil's advocate but I can't here. This is crap. We need to take to Twitter or any where else our voice can be heard. I just got my friend to buy this last night and no more Nuketown for him? And for others that are in the same predicament, I'm pissed.

This is what I said earlier, people should be taking to twitter so they know they have goofed.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
8200353051_d44da968c3_z.jpg

This dark time shall come to pass. It is here where the COD community must take a moment from calling each other "gay" and make it's stand.

I get why they removed the playlist (a friend of mine hasn't played any of the new maps because he's just been on Nuketown 2025 and he's prestige 3) but they should put it in rotation in public games at least.

Adam Blue

This is what I said earlier, people should be taking to twitter so they know they have goofed.

Should we tweet @activision?

My god they've never tweeted...

@treyarch?

Maybe we can call in some cavalry if people here have it good with another community.

Nome

I get why they removed the playlist (a friend of mine hasn't played any of the new maps because he's just been on Nuketown 2025 and he's prestige 3) but they should put it in rotation in public games at least.
Why is this an issue? If they cared about this, they wouldn't have done a double XP weekend.

FStop7

Banned
What the fuck sense does this make?!

Too many people playing just that playlist or something?

Kotick has a red button on his desk. When that button lights up it means that somewhere out there people are having too much goddamn fun in proportion to the amount of money they've spent. He slams his meaty fist down hard on that button and people scurry to set things right.

Top Bottom