• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch pull Nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus map in Black Ops 2(Up: Back, in playlist)

darthbob

Lol, you're really defending this bullshit? REALLY? Okay

Of all the things to get pissed about.

However I didn't realize the playlist said it was 24/7 and that 'We never close.'

That sways me a bit. Still, the rage in this thread is laughable.

Lothars

However I didn't realize the playlist said it was 24/7 and that 'We never close.'

That sways me a bit. Still, the rage in this thread is laughable.
your posts are the laughable things, I can't believe you are defending them taking this away.

I don't even care about the map but it's the principle of the situation.

well when you base your entire reason to play a game around xp and leveling, instituting a feature that doesnt have it, is a poor feature. So yeah blame the developers.
Yep, basically this is all on the developers. Its a crummy deal offering a pre-order bonus to basically pull it from the public except for custom and offline.

Cornbread78

This is so unbelievably dumb.

The only thing I'd recommend is that there be a game selection in the Nuketown area. I like playing Moshpit, but a lot of people for some reason, even after five of these games, don't know how to do objective based matches.

LOL, Welcome to CoD... If you don;t know how to play a mode... CAMP CAMP CAMP to k/d boost. pfftt Rookies....
LOLOLOL I kid, I kid..

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
No, Nuketown is actually a competently designed and there's nothing wrong with it. People who hate it only hate it because it moves at too high a pace for them and they can't keep up. Truth.

I hate it and I almost always do well on it. I just camp like a motherfucker and make everyone on the other team miserable.

Nizz

Honestly, why in the hell would Treyarch/Activision do this? They made sure to beat the point into your head during ads for the game "pre-order to get Nuketown 2025!"

I was never super fond of the map back when I had BO1, but it was fun to play once in a while just for the craziness. Kind of like shipment in COD4. To just pull the map like this is some shady ass move...

Fox Mulder

Preorders for giant releases are bullshit already, and now someone actually fucked over people that do them.

I liked nuketown. If I'm gonna die alot for being a CoD noob, at least make it on a tiny, hectic, fast action map.

I haven't played BLOPS2 yet, is Nuketown 24/7 its own mode or something? And that mode got shut down, but you can still play the regular map in normal MP online? Or not even that?

darthbob

your posts are the laughable things, I can't believe you are defending them taking this away.

I don't even care about the map but it's the principle of the situation.

I can't believe people are getting into such a huff about a free map, but then again, CoD...

Lothars

I haven't played BLOPS2 yet, is Nuketown 24/7 its own mode or something? And that mode got shut down, but you can still play it in normal MP rotation online? Or not even that?
It had it's own playlist, You can't play it in normal rotation yet and they said that "might" be coming.

I can't believe people are getting into such a huff about a free map, but then again, CoD...
It's not just about the map, it's about something that you had to preorder the game for than less than a week after the game is released.

they take it away and don't put it into regular rotation other than custom gametypes.

I really don't care about CoD but this is not acceptable at all.

U2NUMB

I am guessing Activision saw MS pricing model for their upcoming Karaoke game and thought it was a great idea.

Pay by the hour Nuketown !

I haven't played BLOPS2 yet, is Nuketown 24/7 its own mode or something? And that mode got shut down, but you can still play the regular map in normal MP online? Or not even that?

It was it's own mode, which was a nice solution to a problem with Blops 1. It took Nuketown out of regular rotation, but still let people who loved the map to play it 24/7 to their hearts content. It was also a pre-order bonus, which makes it extra scummy. You apparently can only play it in customs now, which is pointless.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Well I was completely wrong, I couldn't believe they could do something like this. This sucks and I haven't redeemed my code lol.

hahahaha
BudpK.png

Wow. Just, wow. Why do I think that the term "monitization" was used in the meeting that decided this was a good idea?

I didn't buy Blops 2, so I don't think I'm the problem.

Thanks for sharing your first hand insights. Your experience with the product and the map, as well as your investment in the community gives great weight to your well thought out, reasoned arguments. We are all smarter for having read your comments, and we look forward to many more accounts of the inner workings of that brilliant mind. On this pale blue dot suspended in a sunbeam I have never witnessed such glory in a thread before. Thank you, darthbob. Thank you.

Nuketown isn't a good map but it WAS the best map in the game.

Blops2. Now with one less map!

But it was kind of redundant considering they pretty much ripped their own layout off with the boat map.

Orca

They couldn't open it to normal rotation, because anyone that didn't have the map would get booted from the party every time it came up. If they gave it to everyone, the people who pre-ordered would - though they lose absolutely nothing - complain bitterly about that.

Other than leaving the 24/7 playlist active all the time, doesn't seem like there was a good way out. Maybe that should be a lesson for them next time - don't lock away maps as a "bonus"

Game journalists prepping 'entitled' tweets.

I'll be interested in seeing how/if these sites report on this actually.

I assume they will because it's COD related news, and that's the big game of the moment - but will it just be a copy/paste job or will they use their connections to actually ask Treyarch and get them to clarify why it was removed and question the thinking behind it?

it's nice to dream lol

edit: holy shit at that picture :lol

Shady859

Picture woulda been better if it was urinal poop.

+1 one angry Twitter message to them about removing Nuketown 24/7 playlist. It got dropzone brought back last year so rage on. :)

U2NUMB

They couldn't open it to normal rotation, because anyone that didn't have the map would get booted from the party every time it came up. If they gave it to everyone, the people who pre-ordered would - though they lose absolutely nothing - complain bitterly about that.

Other than leaving the 24/7 playlist active all the time, doesn't seem like there was a good way out. Maybe that should be a lesson for them next time - don't lock away maps as a "bonus"

And that is fine but do not remove it less than a week after launch for freaking sake.

I'll be interested in seeing how/if these sites report on this actually.

I assume they will because it's COD related news, and that's the big game of the moment - but will it just be a copy/paste job or will they use their connections to actually ask Treyarch and get them to clarify why it was removed and question the thinking behind it?

it's nice to dream lol

Maybe Ben Kuchera.

Aretak

Literally every single time something happens in the games industry that a lot of people don't like, others will always pop up spouting this exact same line. Absolutely without fail. I'd honestly like to know if there's anything at all related to gaming that it IS acceptable to be pissed about.

NYR

This is being removed because so many people were playing this rather then the regular game modes.

Dumb fucking PR. Combine this and Vondahaar's HORRIBLE Reddit AMA which he got blasted and downvoted, and Treyarch is really is pulling a page out of Infinity Ward's book. Awful user support. Shameful. All about $$$ with these assholes.

This post pisses me off:

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/269979143226150912
I fight for the users.

Top Bottom