• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

whitehawk

Banned
I bought a 12 month gold card ($60) and a 1400 point card ($20) for this game. Trials is raping my wallet.

But on the bright side...

XuPem.png

PaulLFC

Can't wait for this!! Just hope the MS points I ordered for it turn up in time.

I'll add the Gamertag when I get home later - or my gamertag is whiteylfc if someone is managing the Trials tag and wouldn't mind adding me :)

meppi

I played this game at PAX Prime last year and I'm really bummed that it will probably never be available for the PS3. :(

Not this shit again.

All the time we have to listen to people say the 360 has no exclusives that are worth anything, yet when one comes out it's all bitch, bitch, bitch because it won't come to the oh so special PS3.

Not this shit again.

All the time we have to listen to people say the 360 has no exclusives that are worth anything, yet when one comes out it's all bitch, bitch, bitch because it won't come to the oh so special PS3.

But it's xbla and everybody knows they dont count as real AAA games.

/Sarcasm off.

rCIZZLE

Not this shit again.

Lol overreaction. The guy just said he wishes it was on ps3 since not everybody buys every console.

But it's xbla and everybody knows they dont count as real AAA games.

/Sarcasm off.

I think you mean killer apps or something along those lines and not AAA. Trials is good but I doubt it costs in the ballpark of a Halo or Mass Effect.

I wonder if anyone has some early codes on Twitter or some such...

I'm wondering if they're even ready yet. Surely if codes were going out the list of achievements would have leaked by now, but there still doesn't seem to be anything.

Has anyone even had a review code for this yet?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Possibly not via codes though.

The achievements are out there from the PAX East build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-ZitA0Npc

Code:
[spoiler]Beyond the wall of pain (20GS)
Smash your bike and break every bone in one spectacular crash

The squirrels have eyes... (20GS)
Find every squirrel location hidden away in the secret corners of the world.

Full throttle II (20GS)
Finish "Archipelgo" without faulting or ever releasing the throttle

Unyeilding II (20GS)
Finish "Rock Steady" without faulting or changing your rider's posture

Community Spirit (20GS)
Post a time on another player's custom created track

Secret (20GS?) - Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure this will be for nearly finishing a hard or extreme track faultlessly and then messing up after the final checkpoint.

Flawless Victory (20GS)
Finish the "Scenic Route" Tournament without any faults

Extreme Prejudice (30GS)
Complete any extreme track

Custom Finish (20GS)
Host and finish a private or local multiplayer match on a user created track with at least 2 players

Burnt to a crisp (20GS)
Pass "Lab Rat" without faulting while constantly on fire

Schools out (10GS)
Pass the A license test and get the Phoenix

No Problem (10GS)
Pass the D license test and get your first bike

Check out my ride (20GS)
Join a public match using at least five custom bike and rider parts

Fast five (20GS)
win five matches in public multiplayer

The professional (20GS)
Successfully complete the single player career

Loonie lander (20GS)
The hawk has landed. Time to show the flag! (the small one.)

The editor's Apprentice (20GS)
Create a track of your own that has at least three path points. Than test drive it.

From the Ashes (20GS)
Finish all tracks in the walk in the park event using the Phoenix 250cc bike

Hard the hard way (20GS)
Finish "The Ascent" without faulting on the Rattler 125cc Bike

Demon on wheels II (30GS)
Pass every track in the Flatliner event
[/spoiler]

Popeck

Alright, I went ahead and set up an account for the leaderboards.

Send a friend request to gamertag: NeoGAF Trials

As said above, we can then use this as a base for NeoGAF's leaderboards without cluttering everyone's friends list and it will be easy to take screenshots of the leaderboards. If you want to help out with managing this, PM me for the account password.

EDIT: Want to keep the list for GAF members/juniors. Sorry lurkers. Be sure to post in this thread when you send a request. We will likely fill up, so there needs to be some filtration.

Sent a friend request (GT: Paavi).

Daigoro

I JUST NOW GOT MARATHON!!!!!! fuck yesssssssssssssssssssss. so relieved. so happy. just in time. i was beginning to think that it would never happen. im pretty sure i made that way harder than it should have been.

i got my first Trials HD achievement on 1/4/10 and got my last one today.

yes motherfucker. yes.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I JUST NOW GOT MARATHON!!!!!! fuck yesssssssssssssssssssss. so relieved. so happy. just in time. i was beginning to think that it would never happen. im pretty sure i made that way harder than it should have been.

i got my first Trials HD achievement on 1/4/10 and got my last one today.

yes motherfucker. yes.

I had seen when you added me you had 1 fault and was like I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO

It's still probably the most difficult achievement I've ever unlocked

Najaf

And now we will do it all over again, with glorious new tracks!

Flawless Victory (20GS)
Finish the "Scenic Route" Tournament without any faults

Also add me on XBL if you want to check out a few levels I made of Trials 1, they were pretty cool.

I can attest to this. MMaRsu made some good ones. Add me too, if you want tracks from hell.

MMaRsu

Banned
Seriously, I just checked out those maps I made, fun as hell! Only a few tough points but mostly just great fun :p.

Especially Dreamscape V2 which looks AMAZING :D.

I wish I had a capture card...

As someone who loves the slow and technical courses, it's kind of disconcerting that I haven't seen a video yet of anything I'd classify above a medium difficulty course by HD's standards.

I'm not worried, but I do feel a touch uneasy about it.

As someone who loves the slow and technical courses, it's kind of disconcerting that I haven't seen a video yet of anything I'd classify above a medium difficulty course by HD's standards.

60 tracks I'm sure there will be a lot of technical ones but I don't think they make for great trailers.

Najaf

Also, you need to remember that you are very skilled now. One of the developers hit it on the head when they said that the initial excitement brought on by gradually mastering skills will be gone for us veterans. He urged us to keep this in mind. He said that the difficulty level is the same, but will seem so much easier for those who mastered HD.

I realize I will miss that mastering curve, and will likely not appreciate the first 3/4 of the levels as if I was new, but it will be awesome nonetheless.

Damnit... im just 100 MSP short for this game. :(

I don't suppose anyone out there has a small points code they could deal me, like a 160 pts code... pretty plz?

Daigoro

yeah i had like uh 6 maybe 2 weeks ago, and just kept shaving off faults, but i was getting really burnt out on doing those same boring tracks over and over (its much different just trying to no fault 20 tracks in a row as opposed to trying to platinum one track, which is fun!)

down to 1 like over a week ago and finally did it. RELIEF!

And now we will do it all over again, with glorious new tracks!

yep with all new tracks though! and plenty of time to work on it. no deadline in sight at the moment. so im not stresssing yet.

It's a hard track, but I don't think that's the hardest achievement.

yeah that Marathon pt 2 will again probably be the toughest one imo. consistency over a 10 minute period is pretty hard.

i read that there are a lot more easy tracks in Evo compared to HD to ease newcomers into the game and not turn them off too quick, and there are more tracks in Evo then there were in the base game of HD.

if you think about it there were one a handful of difficult courses in the base game of HD anyways. Inferno and Going Up were really the only ones i didnt 0 fault. and there were only 4 courses all together that i wasnt able to platinum. two hard tracks and the two Expert tracks i mentioned.

if you want really hard shit, there will be user created ninja courses that will be harder than anything in the base game anyways. count on that.

so Online options are..

Up to 4 players as ghosts on the standard tracks.

Upto 4 players online in motocross races and 4 players(with that respawning losing point system) for local play.

Custom tracks can be played online if you make private matches. If a player doesnt have the track it will download. They are under 10 KB.

Dev Quote:
Jani - It’s really exciting. We hope players have as much fun playing it as we’ve had creating it. Even though testing is something we have to keep doing over and over, it always ends up as a close race to the finish line with screaming and cursing.

And remember, when you host a Private online match or play Local multiplayer, you can race on user-created tracks! If someone in your race doesn’t have the track, it only takes seconds to download, because the actual size of the track files are less than 10 kilobytes!

Top Bottom