• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Najaf

yep with all new tracks though! and plenty of time to work on it. no deadline in sight at the moment. so im not stresssing yet.

Oh, don't get me wrong, achievement hunting is awesome in Trials with Marathon being the most rewarding. The only point that topped my marathon achievement high was getting platinum on Inferno II. Jumped out of my chair with that accomplishment.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
so Online options are..

Up to 4 players as ghosts on the standard tracks.

Upto 4 players online in motocross races and 4 players(with that respawning losing point system) for local play.

Custom tracks can be played online if you make private matches. If a player doesnt have the track it will download. They are under 10 KB.

Dev Quote:

10kb you mean ;)

Also, you can play skill games up to 4 players online. There is no real discrimination between skill games and other 4 player multiplayer standard races (supercross) because their built in the same editor after all.

Also OP needs to be updated with new tutorials. They're putting up a few a day now, hopefully will have all of them up by launch. Really just wanna see the one on how to make supercross races right now.

Also, you need to remember that you are very skilled now. One of the developers hit it on the head when they said that the initial excitement brought on by gradually mastering skills will be gone for us veterans. He urged us to keep this in mind. He said that the difficulty level is the same, but will seem so much easier for those who mastered HD.

I realize I will miss that mastering curve, and will likely not appreciate the first 3/4 of the levels as if I was new, but it will be awesome nonetheless.

That is a good point.

i read that there are a lot more easy tracks in Evo compared to HD to ease newcomers into the game and not turn them off too quick, and there are more tracks in Evo then there were in the base game of HD.

if you think about it there were one a handful of difficult courses in the base game of HD anyways. Inferno and Going Up were really the only ones i didnt 0 fault. and there were only 4 courses all together that i wasnt able to platinum. two hard tracks and the two Expert tracks i mentioned.

if you want really hard shit, there will be user created ninja courses that will be harder than anything in the base game anyways. count on that.

Very true, and also a good point.

I think it's a good idea that they've made it more accessible. I just want to be sure that it's still a trials motocycle game, and not a motocross game. Now that I think about it though, I probably said the same thing about HD coming from T2:SE, and that turned out OK ;-)

Daigoro

Oh, don't get me wrong, achievement hunting is awesome in Trials with Marathon being the most rewarding. The only point that topped my marathon achievement high was getting platinum on Inferno II. Jumped out of my chair with that accomplishment.

no, i understood. no worries.

yeah, plat on Inferno 2 mustve felt great. still got 4 faults on that myself sadly. as many hundreds of hours i poured into the game, i wish i had spent more time. when the DLC packs came out i still was grinding away at the original tracks, including Inferno. besides Marathon, i really wanted to at least 0 fault Going Up (the hardest track in the base game for me) and Inferno 2 (i know i could do it because ive gotten through every obstacle without faulting, just never in the same run!). didnt spend the extra 50 hours on them though...

i wonder how hard it will be to go back? prob not going to happen.

That is a good point.

Very true, and also a good point.

I think it's a good idea that they've made it more accessible. I just want to be sure that it's still a trials motocycle game, and not a motocross game. Now that I think about it though, I probably said the same thing about HD coming from T2:SE, and that turned out OK ;-)

yeah Najaf really explained it well. 3/4 of the game will probably be pretty easy for Trials vets. but im sure there will still be some challenege in the base game for us. like 0 faulting and platinuming everything.

and user created courses are going to be a huge part of the game this time around i think. from what ive heard the community came up with some very very hard tracks that people refered to as ninja tracks. (i rarely played user courses in HD, i had enough work to do on the base game + DLC) so there should be a huge difficulty curve if you take those into account.

shit. this game is going to be awesome.

1 DAY 6 HOURS
approx!

Well crap. I just moved and won't have internet for at least a week. I guess I can always download my gamer tag to a thumb drive, go to friends house and download it there, then transfer it back to my Xbox at home. That should work right?

At least I got Fez before I went offline.

Well crap. I just moved and won't have internet for at least a week. I guess I can always download my gamer tag to a thumb drive, go to friends house and download it there, then transfer it back to my Xbox at home. That should work right?

At least I got Fez before I went offline.
Won't be able to play the game unless you are signed in if you download it on another box.

Would have to take your entire xbox over there so the license is on it.

Won't be able to play the game unless you are signed in if you download it on another box.

Would have to take your entire xbox over there so the license is on it.

I thought that stuff was tied to the gamer tag. Oh well I'll just suffer. Thanks for the response.

Onionkid

Oh my god I just watched the promo video at the top of that playlist...what! That's incredible! And I just got done beating Inferno II for the first time tonight when I loaded the game up again to play around a bit in anticipation, period, haha! That's pretty cool that some people put the time in to get that good, for sure.

Oh my god I just watched the promo video at the top of that playlist...what! That's incredible! And I just got done beating Inferno II for the first time tonight when I loaded the game up again to play around a bit in anticipation, period, haha! That's pretty cool that some people put the time in to get that good, for sure.

Wow.

Unreal. Love the fact you can see the exact controller inputs needed to pull off that stuff.

whitehawk

Banned
I just realized that there is a press kit avaliable on the RedLynx website...

That would have made the OT a lot easier and better had I known earlier =/

Popeck

Is it true that this will cost 1400 points now instead of the 1200 previously advertised?

Where did you get that from? I haven't heard anything about that, and Microsoft doesn't release games with a price tag of 1400 Microsoft points, it's 400, 800, 1200 or 1600.

Where are the reviews? :[

Not that I expect anything other than glowing praise, but I wanna see!

And I really cannot wait for this - will have to purchase some cheap points online from somewhere.

nofi

Where are the reviews? :[

Not that I expect anything other than glowing praise, but I wanna see!

And I really cannot wait for this - will have to purchase some cheap points online from somewhere.

Embargo is 5pm today, so just over 2 hours - we've got a video ready. Like I said though, most only got download codes this morning.

PaulLFC

Dev chat has started - you need to be registered on the forums to see the chatroom - http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/chat.php

PaulLFC

Been waiting on an answer on this for awhile. I'm curious to know what you don't have access to without Gold.
In the chat it was stated that Silver is enough for access to Track Central, Gold is needed for multiplayer. I'm assuming this was one of the devs, but since it's the chatroom, I can't be 100% sure.

PaulLFC

From the chat:

Questions - updating when possible
Will there be online leaderboards for user created tracks made using the editor? If there are, will we be able to see friends' times on the menu screens for created tracks, like we could on the tracks in Trials HD?
Yes

Will Xbox Live silver users be able to download and upload user generated tracks?
Yes

Can all skill games from Trials HD be build in Evo?
All Skill Games from HD can be built in Evo. Breaking Bones requires some creative logic work!

Can you use custom soundtracks in user created tracks?
You can create a playlist and play it, but can't change the song dynamically using triggers.

Can flying ghost icons be disabled?
They can be configured or disabled.

Other Info from the chat
- The devs have Feeds in Track Central where they can promote or feature cool tracks. Also, they can add new feeds as they want.
- Multiplayer is the only feature that you need XBL Gold for.Track upload/download works with XBL Silver.
- The devs wanted to be able to add new skill games in DLCs, this was the how the trigger system in the track editor started.
- Skill games are local multiplayer only it seems.
- Tracks can run for 30 minutes max.
- Max track length is around 4 kilometres regardless of number of objects.

From the chat:

I asked them "Will there be online leaderboards for user created tracks made using the editor? If there are, will we be able to see friends' times on the menu screens for created tracks, like we could on the tracks in Trials HD?"

Their answer: Yes.

So it looks like leaderboards are in for created tracks :)

Any more questions, post them here or join the chat.

HUGE

LevityNYC

Banned
In the chat it was stated that Silver is enough for access to Track Central, Gold is needed for multiplayer. I'm assuming this was one of the devs, but since it's the chatroom, I can't be 100% sure.

Just confirmed in the chat, you don't need gold for user generated tracks or to upload your own :)

Fixed1979

Awesome, I don't really care about the actual multiplayer but having access to tracks and leaderboards is key.

- Tracks can run for 30 minutes max.
- Max track length is around 4 kilometres regardless of number of objects.

How much longer and bigger is this than HD?

U2NUMB

Awesome stuff they just confirmed... I am wondering if there is a way to push a friend in the direction of a cool map like send a "download this track" so that you can get your friends to download the same user created map.

Also curious as to if you create a level if you get stats as far as how many times it has been played and so forth overall similar to LBP.

Top Bottom