• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

Found this at wrestlecrap. Here is the production sheet for the February 13 raw. So now we know the person who poked Kane at the ambulance scene was Arn Anderson:

rdZKE.jpg

Kccitystar

He's still fricken over no matter if they boo or cheer. He's the most over guy in the world and he is more over than Punk.

That's because the WWE audience has been trained for several years now to accept that nobody is Cena's equal. The only feuds to memory that have kind of pushed the idea that maybe Cena CAN lose were against The Nexus and CM Punk.

sajj316

That's because the WWE audience has been trained for several years now to accept that nobody is Cena's equal. The only feuds to memory that have kind of pushed the idea that maybe Cena CAN lose were against The Nexus and CM Punk.

Just a slight correction there ... "can lose cleanly". Punk "beat" him twice over the summer.

I hated when Cena was being shoved down everybodys throat and still is for the most part. The guy has rarely ever lost let alone clean in the past 8 years. Lashley was getting the same treatment, thank god he left.

MC Safety

It's very nice of Undertaker to put over the relatively unknown Hunter Hearst Helmsley at WrestleMania.

Also, it was highly inappropriate given the suffering going on, but I laughed when CM Punk commented one of the EMTs on the scene looked like Rock and Roll Buck Zumhofe.

I hated when Cena was being shoved down everybodys throat and still is for the most part. The guy has rarely ever lost let alone clean in the past 8 years. Lashley was getting the same treatment, thank god he left.

I stopped watching WWE around 2003-2010 I think I missed a lot of the garbage you guys had to deal with. But I never liked him.

Cena loses plenty. We actually went over that a few months ago.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Also, it was highly inappropriate given the suffering going on, but I laughed when CM Punk commented one of the EMTs on the scene looked like Rock and Roll Buck Zumhofe.

I laughed too. And to me that showed good instincts on Punk's part. It was a weird, slightly inappropriate segueway, but it got me to laugh long enough that I was ready to keep watching the match rather than keep focusing on the EMTs.

antonz

I say 9 minutes and 30 seconds. There is the chance that it becomes a tag team match.

*Sheamus and Jericho interfere*

"Hold Up playas!"

*all 4 look around like what*

"This match is now a Tag match Jericho and Sheamus versus Daniel Bryan and CM Punk!"

"Holla Holla"

Bowser

*Sheamus and Jericho interfere*

"Hold Up playas!"

*all 4 look around like what*

"This match is now a Tag match Jericho and Sheamus versus Daniel Bryan and CM Punk!"

"Holla Holla"

He'd probably do Jericho/Punk vs Sheamus/Bryan to do the whole "omg WM opponents as partners, how will it work?!?!" deal.

Bowser

If people are mad at The Rock, why aren't they mad at Jericho?

I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that when Jericho returns, he's usually back for an extended period and on WWE programming week in and week out, rather than the drive-by returns that the Rock's been doing.

Kccitystar

Just a slight correction there ... "can lose cleanly". Punk "beat" him twice over the summer.

Well yeah, it just adds to the "no one is better than Cena, take that fans" attitude WWE tries to push down everyone's throats. They still do, especially when they make Cena's storyline (when he's not in pursuit of the title) the focus of the show instead of what the current champions are doing.

If people are mad at The Rock, why aren't they mad at Jericho?

Why aren't they mad at Undertaker for coming once a year to get his WM payday?

MisterHero

Jericho actually does stuff

Returning wrestlers are cool when they actually wrestle

In fact if any of the old WWF stars in their 50s-70s show up, they need to wrestle, ignoring that they are too old to do anything amazing

I saw Ted Dibiase Sr get into a fight on Tosh.O, why not WWE >;p

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I dunno if the Rock is a nice guy backstage or whatever, but he's a definite draw. Also, I figure if he didn't give a shit about the business, he would have come out to his SummerSlam match and Nash'd it up.

Instead, for the five or so minutes he was actually wrestling, he performed an order of magnitude better in the ring than 95% of the active roster.

lololol.

Have you ever (or your wife) liked Cena?
Nope. I'd say the only main event guy she likes less than Cena is (was) Jeff Hardy.

OK, IM'd her and I was wrong, she also hates HHH more than Cena. I knew she hated the burying, how much time he takes for his entrance, and how much TV time he hogs in general, but I didn't know that put him below Cena.

She says Cena is more entertaining because he can get heels cheered, and that is his sole value.

Kaladin

So guys, 20 - 0 or 19 - 1, this is really it isn't it? I mean, what is left for Undertaker to do after facing Triple H inside of a Cell?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
So guys, 20 - 0 or 19 - 1, this is really it isn't it? I mean, what is left for Undertaker to do after facing Triple H inside of a Cell?

I never would have expected to be saying this back when HHH's Slammy Award promo hinted at this rematch, but I'm really looking forward to this now. Of course, it helps tremendously that I'll be there in person. Even so, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking forward to this even if I was just deciding on whether to order it on PPV or not.

Man, I'm going to be so upset if the crowd isn't on fire for so many of the matches already announced.

Jericho is actually cool.

I wish he'd wear pants though.

It blows my mind that anyone I mean anyone thinks he looks better in shorts than his old full on wrestling pants outfit.

He has always looked stupid in wrestling shorts, and it makes him look short. I have no god damn clue why he doesnt go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It pisses me off to no end! rhrhjrophujophufpshauphsi

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Also, it just occurred to me. I already thought Ziggler would be a good MitB winner, especially with his current gimmick. That stadium might be in "Miami", but it's actually about as far from Fort Lauderdale (Ziggler's hometown) as it is from actual Miami. I hope he does participate and win, and I hope he gets a great home crowd reaction to boot. It'd be a nice way to kickstart his extremely well deserved main event push.

There was nobody more over in the entire company then Punk when Punk beat Cena. Creative (Vince) taking the leash off of Punk almost instantly made him a main eventer. Cena had VERY little to do with it.

This times 10000000 CM Punk got himself over.

If Cena made CM Punk, how come he couldn't do the same for R-Turth who he just feuded with a month prior?

Kaladin

Cena vs Taker seemed like something that should have happened but I think a nice and tidy 20-0 is better.

While Cena vs Taker would mean something today, it has technically already happened and there is no real reason to do it. I mean, why would they wrestle? Cena doesn't have a death wish (HBK). Cena has no history with Undertaker to exploit since their previous feud was meaningless and wrapped up nicely. Undertaker has no reason to face Cena at Wrestlemania unless they do an angle where he wants to face "the best" which would put Cena over.

I cringe at the idea of Triple H ending the streak. I'm hoping for 20-0 to end Taker's career. I used to hate the idea of Taker losing at Wreslemania, but now I wouldn't have minded 19-1 if Taker feuded against someone else.

Some fan got a photo with Vince McMahon after Raw last night:

8NMBm.jpg

The guy in the picture explains it. Also, a great story about Big Johnny:

He was really nice. I was in an elevator with him and told him I've been a lifelong fan, and I actually watched his Wrestlemania 22 match vs. HBK earlier in the day (that got a laugh out of him).

Also of note, Laurinaitis got pretty wasted at the hotel bar. I tried to shake his hand and say I was a fan as he walked by me, and he completely blew me off. About two or three seconds later, he thought about it and turned around and shook my hand. It was pretty weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom