• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

Seriously? Stop playing WWE '12 and watch the news.

He's presidential hopeful and favorite to win the Republican nomination, Mitt Romney.

Cena could be the vice president and make everyone sing 'My time is now' as the new national anthem.

oh for fucks sake.

*throws up hands*

But WWE is:

CP11_Photo_207.jpg

Now that is a nice stage. Too bad that PPV was terrible

G-Fex

wait so Vince had a thing with a Obama character coming out to the ring?

Did he learn nothing from the Rosie O' Donnell vs Donald Trump garbage he tried to peddle?

I don't think there's many on the level that Joe/Ki/Danielson/Punk were, back in the day - guys like Davey Richards are seemingly always in high demand, but his style is seriously grating to some and perfectly exemplifies the always-present indy wrestling problem of wrestlers just doing TOO much. Pretty much every one of the current crop of indie wrestlers is certainly guilty of this and no one really has that 'star' factor, at least in my opinion. Except The Briscoe Brothers, of course.

Kevin Steen is another big exception, as he's been pretty much outstanding in every promotion he's wrestled for over the past two or so years. El Generico as well is now getting a lot of recognition for the fact that he's been one of the most consistent wrestlers on the indy scene for years and years. Eddie Kingston is another who I think is at the top of his game and certainly one of the top guys in indy wrestling, same goes for Sami Callihan, who just needs a big, memorable feud to push him over the edge.

Also, everyone should be watching Willie Mack. The dude is just seriously awesome in PWG and has progressed so much in the past year or so. His matches with guys like Hero, Richards and Strong have been EPIC.

Good list. Kevin Steen is pretty much the best heel in the world right now (after RKK Scott Steiner of course), but for some reason (his body) I don't see him getting signed to WWE. Which is unfortunate

I'd probably add Akira Tozawa as a guy who seems to get better every time I see him and will probably start to be seen as a top star pretty soon

'How many guys did Triple H put over on the level of Shane Helms?'

No. 1) Rock was on his way out during his Helms feud
No. 2) Trips put over Shelton Benjamin multiple times
No. 3) Undertaker indirectly put over Matt Hardy twice
No. 4)Undertaker put over Jeff Hardy

Meltzer's serious boner for Rock makes it funny to see him complain. I also love him comparing the amount of people Flair and Funk put over to The Rock. 'Probably as much as The Rock. Probably!' like, what the fuck, man. You could only name one person that Rock put over. I'm not for the people whining about The Rock, but Rock and Austin barely put anyone over. I think Trips even put Angle over before both of them

What?

I watched the Rock put over

Austin
Booker T
Brock
Angle
Triple H (on numerous occasions before trips was everywhere)
Big Show
Ric flair

And those are the o es I remember, considering I haven't watched wrestling in years. Rock even invented the Hurricanes gimmick!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What?

Austin
Booker T
Brock
Angle
Big Show
Ric flair

And those are the o es I remember, considering I haven't watched wrestling in years. Rock even invented the Hurricanes gimmick!

Rock put over Booker T? Because I'm pretty sure 'who the hell are you' buried him.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
What?

Austin
Booker T
Brock
Angle
Big Show
Ric flair

Wait, the rock put over rick flair? With who?

Rock put over Booker T? Because I'm pretty sure 'who the hell are you' buried him.

Rock put him over on Raw, which If i'm remembering properly started Book on his way to getting squashed by HHH.

Edit yep, 20 man battle royale, with which the Rock and Book were the final competitors. Then Booker goes to fight trips at mania, gets pedigreed, and lies there for like 15 seconds before being pinned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XIX

RBH

I liked it when Rock randomly came back on two occasions to put over Eugene and to promote the Diva Search on Raw. Didn't really have to do either of those things at all (especially considering how inconsequential both of them turned out to be), yet he did it.

I don't think there's many on the level that Joe/Ki/Danielson/Punk were, back in the day - guys like Davey Richards are seemingly always in high demand, but his style is seriously grating to some and perfectly exemplifies the always-present indy wrestling problem of wrestlers just doing TOO much. Pretty much every one of the current crop of indie wrestlers is certainly guilty of this and no one really has that 'star' factor, at least in my opinion. Except The Briscoe Brothers, of course.

Kevin Steen is another big exception, as he's been pretty much outstanding in every promotion he's wrestled for over the past two or so years. El Generico as well is now getting a lot of recognition for the fact that he's been one of the most consistent wrestlers on the indy scene for years and years. Eddie Kingston is another who I think is at the top of his game and certainly one of the top guys in indy wrestling, same goes for Sami Callihan, who just needs a big, memorable feud to push him over the edge.

Also, everyone should be watching Willie Mack. The dude is just seriously awesome in PWG and has progressed so much in the past year or so. His matches with guys like Hero, Richards and Strong have been EPIC.

Prior to signing with WWE, Moxley was the best indy wrestler imo.

antonz

Ahahaha Poor Drew. Chosen One indeed
As noted before, Drew McIntyre is set to be re-packaged with an "arrogant playboy" gimmick soon. According to fans at this weekend's SmackDown live event in Honduras, Drew appeared to be acting more sexually and flirting with male fans in the crowd, even blowing kisses at some. He also stopped in the middle of his match against Ezekiel Jackson to comb his hair. Drew still lost the match to Zeke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom