• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

WWE and USA must be foreverbros to let WWE overrun by an entire 20 minutes. Holy shit. Turner Broadcasting would have had Bischoff murdered over that.

Wrist notes clearly cut him down.

And

Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson Rock Dwayne Johnson
SHUT UP IT'S THE SAME MAN IN THAT RING

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I don't know why I watched that. Nothing Cena and Rocky can do can make me rise above the apathy I feel about this feud.

Good thing we have Jericho/Punk and Sheamus/Bryan to save this year's Mania.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Rock's promo was akward

Cena CLEARLY flustered him

And then seeing Rock fumble over his own words...

Just bad.

bjb

Banned
Fuck the haters, they looked legitimately pissed off there. I loved every minute of it.

And yeah, Rock botched the end, but the pre-Cena rant was entertaining.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
i guess i gotta trade in my team bring it shirt for a rise above the hate one.

Yeah. I really think the entire point of this promo was to make Rock look weak as shit, boring and awful.

Rock is playing the character, the role of shameless self promoter, the guy who doesn't give a shit about the WWE, the guy who only cares about Twitter. But he doesn't even know it and Cena burying him with great lines like notes on the wrist which actually bothers him. It's hilarious.

Ozone

WWE and USA must be foreverbros to let WWE overrun by an entire 20 minutes. Holy shit. Turner Broadcasting would have had Bischoff murdered over that.
USA would give them an extra hour if they wanted to. They're the ones pushing for more 3-hour RAWs, since new content usually draws in more ratings than White Collar re-runs.

I don't mean to sound like I'm speaking on that "Dwayne, The Rock, Dwayne, The Rock" stuff because I'm not.

Regardless of what you call him, this isn't the "character" of The Rock. His "best work" is always going to be nose in the air, eye brow, head turn Rock. I think that Cena's natural smugness probably has a lot to do with it, as well as The Rock just not having it anymore, but he's not pulled that character out in quite some time and I guess he never will again.

I felt like this was going to be a let down as soon as he came out and didn't do his "Finally..." and started going into his love of WWE.

The Rocks Billy Gun "Dear Lord" promo >>> Everything heard tonight. As well as numerous others in the past. Shame.

Hope that at leas the match itself will be good.

Still hate Cena

The characters are depressingly similar now.

Pretty shitty, I really just wanted to hear Rock shoot on the backstage gripes and whining and stuff. He touched on it a little bit, but spent most of his time name calling.

Branson

So should I go back and watch the first hour and a half of the show? I was watching the 500 but the track caught on fire so I switched over to Raw.

Ithil

Punk/Jericho is going to be awesome from top to bottom, tonight got it back on track. Sheamus/Bryan I think will be fairly standard as a feud, but the match should be awesome.

Taker/HHH will probably be a good match, but the feud sucks.

Rock/Cena...yeah.

Two out of four main events.

G-Fex

qTVzwm.jpg

Show's on officially on guys

AntMurda

I'm a huge rock fan. And apathetic but agreeable towards Cena.

Cena won that promo. He cut the rock bad. Rock was pissed and started fumbling all over his words. Had no come back. Pure rage.

Mr. Robot

The way the Rock desperately tried to respond sold me on the match, it made it seem like they really don't like eachother, i like The Rock for his ability to entertain, and out of all people, Cena made him look like a phony, Cena pulled a Punk there...

MG310

The notes on the wrist thing was a good burn..but then again every promo Cena has cut for the last 5 years has been written on 4 wristbands, a t-shirt, and a hat that he's wearing all at the same time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Rock just needs to take this shit a little seriously. He's treated this entire feud like it's just about his damn twitter account.

"Continue trending" was such a great line. Cena comes into the ring, I'm gonna kick your ass, then leaves in a cool way. That's what Rock should have done. Make it short and sweet. Rock's best promos back in the day never ran long in monologues.

jmdajr

I wanted the Rock to come out and not do just his catch phrases and that's what he did. He tried to be somewhat serious....

But man he was really, really angry at the end.

I like it. Makes me feel it's not just a work. Wrestling is at it's best when you don't know if what you are really watching is fake.

Ithil

If they would just, like, get angry at each other, it might be at least slightly compelling. They teased it last week, teased it this week, but it surely should be a given, not a possibility?

There's just no heat here. Even when the Rock is doing his "____ bitch" thing he's prefacing it with "but I respect Cena" type stuff. Cena's promo last week, and the second half of his promo this week, felt like he was taking the feud seriously. The Rock did not, going on about trending and catchphrases with the crowd.

They both were doing this last time, near Survivor Series, and it sucked balls. They just nattered about twitter and stupid jokes. That's alright when the match is months away but right now they should be gettting serious.

Lothar

Banned
Cena is a bitch exposing the business with his notes on wrist stuff. That shit does noone any favors.

It came off so weak because it's obvious to everyone that Rock doesn't need or rely on notes. The way he replies to the crowd and has this easy connection with all of the fans that no one in the WWE can come close to or Cena could even dream of. When would you ever see someone stop a crowd chanting two things and orchestrate the chants himself? Anything he does to cut a promo, Cena should be taking note and writing it down.

MC Safety

1. Arrive
2. Create Twitter Trends
3. Trend on Twitter
4. Leave

The audience was annoying, too. Kung Pao bitch? Ladyparts? It's not necessary to chant everything The Rock says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom