• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tron Legacy screening for one day in Los Angeles with a Q&A featuring Joseph Kosinski

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyKAC

Do you believe in the Users?

4233610f133fa9634c303baac6944f87.jpg

wondermega

sweet thanks for sharing OP. Mega-Tron fan, they recently screened the original in Hollywood, i'll definitely see the sequel given the opportunity. Not the greatest film, but still fun to watch esp if it is in 3D?

Despite some weird plotting, a lack of Tron, and iffy CG with Clu 2.0, I really enjoyed Legacy. I hope this is lead up for a third movie.

Luigi87

I don't consider TRON Legacy to be all that great, but it is still enjoyable... Though I couldn't help but think I was just watching a better version of the original, lol. Olivia Wilde is adorable in it, and I would hope this screening would lead to the announcement that the third movie is still happening. While I may not think the movies are great, as I said I did find it enjoyable and wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

Plus I could always go for more TRON worlds in Kingdom Hearts.

v1lla21

The Tron Facebook page has been posting random ass images for a few months asking if we're ready and what not and that a new user has logged in. Didn't think much of it until now.

darklin0

Banned
The Tron Facebook page has been posting random ass images for a few months asking if we're ready and what not and that a new user has logged in. Didn't think much of it until now.

Looks like the hype train just left the station.

I am totally not listening to the soundtrack to Legacy right now.

Mengetsu

After playing Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance I was only reminded how much I loved this movie and really want a 3rd one. You have so much cash Disney If you could let Tomorrowland happen just finish this series off :(

I said it once and I'll say it again:
FUCK Tomorrowland for ruining any chances of Tron 3!

With that out of the way, c'mon TR3N!!

sirap

omg pls :'(

I've been begging Disney execs for the past few years every time I meet them.

At least give us a second season of Uprising T_T

jey_16

Banned
Why would Disney do Tron 3 when they can churn out a Star Wars/Marvel/Classic Remake/Pixar film and make $1b+

Cipherr

I would love another Tron movie but give it to a good writer man. Let someone really take this setting and make something amazing out of it. The wasted potential eats at me. Visually Legacy was amazing but holy hell. The damn animated series had writing heads and shoulders above the film.

Please, OP, don't toy with my like this, my heart can't take it :'(

Tron: Legacy is absolutely one of my favorite, if not my favorite movies/franchises of all time.

There's so much potential with this IP, and it fucking infuriates me knowing that Disney is squandering it or just sitting on it.

Also, as much as I like Tomorrowland as a film, fuck it for ruining our chances of getting Tron 3 any point in the near future.

I loved Tron Legacy and Oblivion, so I've been waiting patiently for whatever Kosinski puts out next (supposedly a movie about some real life firefighters who lost their lives in Arizona). The man is 2/2.

Coxy100

Banned
Would love tron 3 - legacy was such an audio and visual treat.

Would love the same cast back too - although didn't Olivia shit all over the thought of another tron film?

yeah i was about to post this too. Thought it was weird it suddenly became very active

To add more the number of users (Flynn Lives) and employee numbers of Encom (another site from Flynn Lives ARG) have reflected this new user. I put in my password for Encom and was presented with a new page that was created in late 2016.

My body is ready!

KeRaSh

Oh wow. I just listened to the OST again last week. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
I really, really, really want a sequel. :(

I love Tron Legacy for being a fun, little and lighthearted adventure movie, its amazing visuals and music. I'd love to see it on a big screen again and it bums me out so much that it was shot in 1080p, because a native 4K master with HDR would look absolutely AMAZING on my 4K OLED TV.

I love Tron Legacy for being a fun, little and lighthearted adventure movie, its amazing visuals and music. I'd love to see it on a big screen again and it bums me out so much that it was shot in 1080p, because a native 4K master with HDR would look absolutely AMAZING on my 4K OLED TV.
With all the VFX I doubt the film would've gotten more than a 2K master at the time (possibly not even now), but I figure an upscale with an HDR pass could look stunning on 4K Blu-ray none the less. Look at Pacific Rim, 2K master and VFX, but with HDR the film looks absolutely stunning on 4K.

With all the VFX I doubt the film would've gotten more than a 2K master at the time (possibly not even now), but I figure an upscale with an HDR pass could look stunning on 4K Blu-ray none the less. Look at Pacific Rim, 2K master and VFX, but with HDR the film looks absolutely stunning on 4K.

You're probably right. But I wish they'd already release it.

I NEED IT!

HotHamBoy

I had an extremely hard time getting through that movie and I love Daft Punk and was watching it in 3D.

Can't complain, though. It gave us this work of beauty:

15918-headquarters-2-barcade-tron-pinball-machine.jpg

P2120048_zps496f56c3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom