• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - McConaughey/Harrelson crime series - S2 starts June 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love you Pizzaman!

HAHAHAHAHA....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

uuZ.gif

Fucking INcredible.

Apt101

The final ten-ish minutes of episode four of this show was the most tense television I have seen in a long while. Damn. Brilliant acting and cinematography. When the major action ended I let out a breath and realized I was literally on the edge of my seat. That hasn't happened to me since at least The Wire.

Solo

Every day this is bumped I get excited for S2 news......and every day, I am disappointed. Time is a flat circle.

Am I the only one getting a bit of a Shane Black vibe from Pizzolatto? Both handsome writers with (perhaps justifiably) sizable egos who hit it big fairly young, while shaking the foundations of their respective medium by exploring male relationships/machismo beyond existing conventions?

Zeliard

Am I the only one getting a bit of a Shane Black vibe from Pizzolatto? Both handsome writers with (perhaps justifiably) sizable egos who hit it big fairly young, while shaking the foundations of their respective medium by exploring male relationships/machismo beyond existing conventions?

You sound like a pretentious bigot.

a lack of pretention

Since you won't give me a real answer, let me reiterate in case my perceived pretentiousness clouded the actual meaning of my original post. I:

1. am a big fan of Black and Pizzolatto's work
2. think they both injected new life into the well-worn theme of male relationships (specifically "tough guys")
3. am under the impression that they both have a pretty big head.
4. edited this post way too many times.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zeliard you are not very good at this sarcasm thing.

Zeliard

I still don't get your obvious joke.

I have no idea how you even thought I was being serious in the first place with such an outlandish statement, and people just spent time going off on Pizzolatto for a perceived insufferable pretentiousness, so it follows that any similar comment may well be a joke.

Video games.

I have no idea how you even thought I was being serious in the first place with such an outlandish statement, and people just spent time going off on Pizzolatto for a perceived insufferable pretentiousness, so it follows that any similar comment may well be a joke.

Video games.

I've went back and read the previous page so I understand what you were referencing, but I still don't get the "bigot" bit. It's okay. We're good. I mean we're good right? Your avatar scares me. Please don't ban me.

Dead Man

That interview does not paint a flattering portrait of the man in some ways. Hope he can write some greatness again for S2. And a better ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom