• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump blames Constitution for chaos of his first 100 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

There is a pretty easy formula that ignorant idiots vote by.

Is the candidate black or a woman? If yes, 100% violating their freedoms and the constitution, which they love, THEY LOVE IT! Couldn't love it more, you wouldn't be leave how much they love that thing. Its the whole ball game, doesn't get better than that folks. The best laws we have ever created.

Is the candidate white? If yes, do they hate the same people they hate? If yes, nothing they do is bad.

As long as their favored hateful white person doesn't try and take away their guns, can literally do no wrong in their eyes.

I wouldn't put anything past Republicans (look at what's happening in NC) but yeah, the Constitution will be fine. The more worrisome aspect of this is that 35% of the country would be totally cool with Trump tearing it up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I do wonder if there is any line that he could cross that could get his cult off the band wagon. I'm not even sure him being a full on pedophile with hard proof everywhere could do it. They'd make excuses and not believe it.

He probably wouldn't survive in that case. I mean there would be defenders still, but Milo has made it clear what's the Right's real Rubicon, and it isn't the Constitution.

Maengun1

Electoral College fucked up bad, though, on their one test.

Wasn't the original electoral college set up to be like a group of intelligent, semi-impartial people from each state though? That actually probably WOULD have worked.

Nowadays the state parties hand pick people....from their parties. Which is what renders it meaningless nowadays.

RPGCrazied

He wants to be the first true dictator of America. Holy shit this guy is terrifying. I hope we can prevent that from happening. I don't want to turn into Russia.

Thoraxes

He blamed the constitutional checks and balances built in to US governance. “It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.”
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Don't worry. Loads of Trump supporters will pop into this thread to explain his behavior rationally, like they have done consistently for 100 days.

Unless the GOP position was, "America is and has always been garbage and we need to completely invert everything about it."

Highly conservative position.

Biske

So isn't attacking the constitution considered one of the worst things one could do in a country?

Not as long as he also attacks people that his voters don't like.

People never have a sense that when you take away other peoples rights, that they are taking away their own.

"Oh I don't want those filthy mexicans/liberals/women/non-christians/etc to get into this country or have decent lives or healthcare, we gotta stop it!!!"

"Oh shit, you mean to tell me, that in Donald Trump's eyes I'm not rich, so thus I'm like every other person he can squash? I am shocked and chagrined"

A1hd1om.png

Zp5FTbP.png

How this is probably playing out with the base.

Kthulhu

So isn't attacking the constitution considered one of the worst things one could do in a country?

Once Trump insulted John McCain and didn't suffer for it everyone should've realized he could say anything and get away with it.

Hell, he bragged about sexual assault and still got elected.

There's nothing he can say that will hurt him.

That's exactly what a tyrannical fascist would say

It's almost ironic that now I know exactly what my Dad felt for the last 8 years with "King Obama"

Except people were imagining and manufacturing it with Obama, and Trump's out literally saying it on video. We went from a constitutional law professor to someone saying a key structural aspect of it is "very rough" and "archaic".

RPGCrazied

Are Republicans in congress ever going to throw in the towel? Is losing the majority in 2018 really what they want? I really do think its going to be a blood bath for them.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
First he made Republicans love Russia, are they going to hate the constitution next?

He's frustrated by the checks and balances... when all the checks are Republican controlled anyway...?

He also doesn't like the 9th circuit court and says hes going to look into it breaking it up.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/trump-absolutely-considered-breaking-9th-circuit-court/

Asked during a White House interview by the Washington Examiner if he’d thought about proposals to break up the court, Trump replied, “Absolutely, I have.” He added that “there are many people that want to break up the 9th Circuit. It’s outrageous.”

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
A1hd1om.png

Zp5FTbP.png

How this is probably playing out with the base.

HIS base? They're literally agreeing with it. At least as long as this is his position. Meanwhile Fox and the gang are trying to come up with semantic explanations.

There's zero point giving them the benefit of the doubt now. They never deserved it and this guy has simply forced us all to confront it.

They don't give a shit about anything except power and they have demonstrated they are too incompetent to use it.

Biske

Are Republicans in congress ever going to throw in the towel? Is losing the majority in 2018 really what they want? I really do think its going to be a blood bath for them.

What I fear is if its not.

If America shows them that they can get away with anything.... hoooooo boy.

The electoral college wasn't designed to prevent tyrants. It was designed to give slave owning states additional power in the election of the president.

There were some writings from some of the founders indicating that another point was to help prevent populists. But yeah, slaves were a major reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._68

This country was fucked from the beginning. And race is at the center of it all.

The fact that he even made it to the Presidency would suggest that the Founding Fathers' plan for all this didn't work out.

Pretty much

There were some writings from some of the founders indicating that another point was to help prevent populists. But yeah, slaves were a major reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._68

This country was fucked from the beginning. And race is at the center of it all.

Yup, you cannot divorce race from politics it really this country at all.

TylerD

He wants to be the first true dictator of America. Holy shit this guy is terrifying. I hope we can prevent that from happening. I don't want to turn into Russia.

Take a couple of deep breaths and read this and try not to worry so much. The man is an idiot.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures"

This has happened 33 times in our history with only 27 amendments being ratified by the states.

Chill out

HIS base? They're literally agreeing with it. At least as long as this is his position. Meanwhile Fox and the gang are trying to come up with semantic explanations.

There's zero point giving them the benefit of the doubt now. They never deserved it and this guy has simply forced us all to confront it.

They don't give a shit about anything except power and they have demonstrated they are too incompetent to use it.

Yeah, it's a mess and it's transparent as hell. I really have no words beyond that all the people in here saying this is exactly what they accused Obama of doing when he was in charge are completely right.

To be honest these first 100 days have been a breath of fresh air cause literally nothing he's trying to do is actually passing. It pretty much establishes that even the GOP knows he's an unreliable cunt with bad ideas.

It kind of makes me sleep at night better to be honest.
Same, I hope the rest of his presidency is as ineffective.

Unfortunately however I think he and the republicans will probably start to dismantle the system of "checks and balances".

theWB27

Take a couple of deep breaths and read this and try not to worry so much. The man is an idiot.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures"

This has happened 33 times in our history with only 27 amendments being ratified by the states.

Chill out

I can't fathom how people figure he has a sliver of a chance to become anything close o a dictator when he can't even get a simple EO to pass.

A lot of these old white dudes ain't giving their power up to one old white dude.

Costa Kid

If Obama said half of the things he's said in his first 100 days, republicans would be calling for impeachment.

Same, I hope the rest of his presidency is as ineffective.

Unfortunately however I think he and the republicans will probably start to dismantle the system of "checks and balances".

Given how the Republicans treat each other during the Healthcare battles, trying to do something like that might be impossible for them if they cannot agree on something they promoted for years.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Trump reading the Constitution:

YxQtnB3.gif

Realizing being President is hard:

bq4ejhz.gif

JZjzfTi.gif

Finally coming to terms with his new job:

u2oMudI.gif
Despite how absolutely frightening this all is it is refreshing knowing that the Right is in shambles and totally divided and incapable of doing anything, not even mentioning the built in checks that would help prevent much of this, so this is mostly the ravings of a moron. Hopefully what real damage he can cause won't last much longer.

TylerD

I can't fathom how people figure he has a sliver of a chance to become anything close o a dictator when he can't even get a simple EO to pass.

A lot of these old white dudes ain't giving their power up to one old white dude.

Education on important things like Constitutional Amendments and their process could go a long way to prevent some of this low information posting panic that goes on in these Trump threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom