• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump blames Constitution for chaos of his first 100 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Also I wonder how Ted Cruz, the guy that had the entire Constitution memorized from heart by age 15, feels about having to be the lapdog of this guy.

Exactly! Fuck, we should have ammo against the right wing forever because of Trump.

The courts certainly do. Imagine how its going to go for his legal team the minute he tries to take a case to the Supreme Court. "So, you don't care for the constitution eh? Please proceed."

I thought these fuckers loved the Constitution. But what do you expect from a bunch of money worshipping, ignorant hypocrites.

What if "King Obama" said this.

Zolo

I thought these fuckers loved the Constitution. But what do you expect from a bunch of money worshipping, ignorant hypocrites.

Expect Republicans to be quiet on this and then dump on Trump in the next election without him.

I hope Trump lives long enough to see it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Didn't this jackass just say he's had the most successful 100 days in history? That and complaining about his job. His supporters seriously needs to get their heads checked. He doesn't give a shit about them either but they are too dense to acknowledge that.

soco

I don't think Trump was ever one of "those guys". This is one of those interesting points where Trump has basically spoke to a lot of groups that didn't feel like anyone cared about their issues, but I'm pretty certain he doesn't actually care about those issues either. He thinks of himself as a savvy businessman, and probably as a centrist and pragmatist.

ShutEye

Daily reminder #101

1. Donald Trump is a traitor
2. The Republican party doesn't give two fucks about it, about democracy or about the future for there own grandchildren

Omadahl

Banned
I hope this job fucking kills him. I want him to suffer the biggest heart attacks. Truly the best. Tremendous heart attacks.

Savitar

I doubt his base would care much if he wiped his ass with the constitution. Even if he left a good brown smear across the one about their precious guns.

soco

I hope this job fucking kills him. I want him to suffer the biggest heart attacks. Truly the best. Tremendous heart attacks.

That's pretty harsh. Plus regardless of how much you dislike him, I'm pretty sure you'd dislike his replacement even more.

Got

Banned
Also I wonder how Ted Cruz, the guy that had the entire Constitution memorized from heart by age 15, feels about having to be the lapdog of this guy.

probably too hard to get an answer with that shrimp trump cock in his mouth all the time.

MGrant

Clearly he's only disparaging the bad parts of the Constitution, all those pesky rules and regulations and civil protections. He's not badmouthing the Second Amendment, so he's still in the clear with Republicans.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for the new US Cuntstaintution written in gold sharpie. It's going to be tremendous.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Doesn't his party worship the constitution?
Calling it "his" party is a bit of a stretch. Republicans and Trump/Supporters might as well be two different parties with how much the Republicans oppose what Trump keeps trying to do

Ad9xBzY.gif

Zolo

And that won't happen either. We have checks and balances.

“You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House — but the rules of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through — it's really a bad thing for the country, in my opinion. They're archaic rules. And maybe at some point we're going to have to take those rules on, because, for the good of the nation, things are going to have to be different.”

Yeah. Trump can talk all he wants, but he doesn't have the unlimited power he wants.

I'm just curious what arcane rules specifically he thinks are bad, or is it the whole part where a President can't just do whatever the hell he/she wants? I'd be willing to bet it's the latter.

First erode trust in the media. Then erode trust in the government. He may not be a fascist, but that's just because he's only been in office for 100 days...

Ac30

That's pretty harsh. Plus regardless of how much you dislike him, I'm pretty sure you'd dislike his replacement even more.

His replacement would be a bog-standard republican who at least seems to respect the constitution, would likely have Bannon removed and can form a coherent sentence. That's 100% a massive upgrade.

All I have to say is, it is an amazing thing that the drafters of the constitution really hated monarchy. They dispersed power and put in multiple means of stopping any single person running or ruining the country. It's actually amazing foresight. But if you think of the goal "no monarchs" they did everything they could to prevent one.

Legislative and executive power dispersed amongst the presidency, House, Senate. Judiciary separate. Then states have power as well (if 2/3 states call for constitutional convention, it can be amended). They basically divided power as much as possible.

That's why lawmaking is so frustrating, but no matter how much damage Trump does, he will not take down the republic. Pretty amazing foresight from people who had never seen a functioning democracy.

rjinaz

Just what is this guy going to try to pull if he loses re-election in 2020?

Will he attempt a coup?

I think he'll just get pissed. Rant and rave about how Mexicans stole the election and how he's going to fight. But then, he'll just leave the White House, like quietly in the night. Early. He won't stick around until Mid Jan.

Just my guess.

I'm just curious what arcane rules specifically he thinks are bad, or is it the whole part where a President can't just do whatever the hell he/she wants? I'd be willing to bet it's the latter.

First erode trust in the media. Then erode trust in the government. He may not be a fascist, but that's just because he's only been in office for 100 days...

He was always a fascist. There was never any doubt to anyone actually paying attention

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
All I have to say is, it is an amazing thing that the drafters of the constitution really hated monarchy. They dispersed power and put in multiple means of stopping any single person running or ruining the country. It's actually amazing foresight. But if you think of the goal "no monarchs" they did everything they could to prevent one.

Legislative and executive power dispersed amongst the presidency, House, Senate. Judiciary separate. Then states have power as well (if 2/3 states call for constitutional convention, it can be amended). They basically divided power as much as possible.

That's why lawmaking is so frustrating, but no matter how much damage Trump does, he will not take down the republic. Pretty amazing foresight from people who had never seen a functioning democracy.

It's important to note that they based it on British political institutions but more vitally inspired French revolutionary principles.

pompidu

Given how the Republicans treat each other during the Healthcare battles, trying to do something like that might be impossible for them if they cannot agree on something they promoted for years.

This is the only reason our system works well.

No one can agree on shit. But the potential is there, if no one cares to follow the system, the system will fail.

Socivol

It's still hard to fathom that this country elected a man without a basic understanding of how the government works as president.

Not at all difficult to imagine. He's a rich white man that talked shit about black people, brown people, women, and Muslims. America is racist as hell and that's why he won the election.

Vlaphor

His replacement would be a bog-standard republican who at least seems to respect the constitution, would likely have Bannon removed and can form a coherent sentence. That's 100% a massive upgrade.

I'm gonna be totally honest here and say that if the republicans have to hold all three branches of government, I'd prefer their leader be a complete fuckup who can't get anything done properly. Imagine the damage the republicans could do right now if they had somebody competent in charge.

Xe4

Banned
I mean, the constitution is archaic. But it exists for a reason. Notably, to keep fuckheads like Trump from running the country however they see fit.

ISOM

Just what is this guy going to try to pull if he loses re-election in 2020?

Will he attempt a coup?

I legit think if he was younger he would try. This is unprecedented shit here for someone so fascist to be president of the US. Nothing is too extraordinary.

I'm gonna be totally honest here and say that if the republicans have to hold all three branches of government, I'd prefer their leader be a complete fuckup who can't get anything done properly. Imagine the damage the republicans could do right now if they had somebody competent in charge.

Trump's competency isn't even really the biggest issue as to why the GOP can't get anything done. The party, despite its cult like feel now, has real splits that is preventing anything from getting off the ground

Vlaphor

Trump's competency isn't even really the biggest issue as to why the GOP can't get anything done. The party, despite its cult like feel now, has real splits that is preventing anything from getting off the ground

True, the freedom caucus/tea party is often at opposition with the more moderate members of the party, but I still feel as though a competent leader would be able to pull them together to get basic tasks done. Trump not even having an idea of how government works means that he has no chance of being that competent leader and instead, you have a republican party warring with itself and nobody to guide them.

True, the freedom caucus/tea party is often at opposition with the more moderate members of the party, but I still feel as though a competent leader would be able to pull them together to get basic tasks done. Trump not even having an idea of how government works means that he has no chance of being that competent leader and instead, you have a republican party warring with itself and nobody to guide them.

Do the Republicans even have a competent leader?

Because it certainly isn't going to be Pence or Ryan.

Ryan can't even keep the House in order.

The fact that Trump won their party primaries should answer that.

Touche

Hale-XF11

It's downright terrifying to think of what this dimwit would do to our country (and the world) without checks and balances in place.

Not at all difficult to imagine. He's a rich white man that talked shit about black people, brown people, women, and Muslims. America is racist as hell and that's why he won the election.

It's not nearly that simple. He talked a very big, simple talk that appealed to working class Americans and really rallied behind the banner of tax breaks and a strong economy under someone who was a very successful businessman. Lots of big promises that always painted an America first. There were plenty of people driven away by Hillary, especially Burniebusters and (at least in my area) voters who went third party or didn't vote because they didn't want either side. His media presence was unbeatable.

Yes, he also pushed all the correct buttons for the more disgusting side of America, but that wasn't what won him the election.

I was waiting for him to say this. Racism has such a foothold that even this doesn't take him down. What a shitshow.

What are you talking about? He got elected into office, he's there to stay short of voluntarily leaving (ha!) or official proceedings (ha!), and his approval rating has been dropping steadily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom