• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump calls House health care bill 'mean'

RPGCrazied

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/13/politics/trump-senators-health-care-white-house-meeting/index.html

"President Donald Trump told Republican senators lunching at the White House Tuesday the House-passed health care reform bill he celebrated earlier this year was "mean."

Trump made clear multiple times that he was pleased that the Senate negotiations appeared to be moving away from where the House version of the repeal and replace effort ended up, according to three sources familiar with the meeting.
Trump told the lawmakers that the House bill didn't go far enough in protecting individuals in the marketplace -- and appeared to use that as his rationale for why he has ambiguously called twice for the Senate to "add more money" to the bill."

The same bill he threw a party for in the Rose Garden when it barely passed the house.

Koomaster

called twice for the Senate to "add more money" to the bill."
'Throw a few more dollars for the poors.'

I don't fucking trust a word he says. Fuck off, there was no reason to rush the first one through if you thought it was 'mean'.

I bet he honestly doesn't know that any amendments made to the bill will have to go through the House again to get approved again

Foffy

Banned
Next week: "It's mean that the Democrat obstructionist don't want to improve health care. That's what I meant. It's a good bill, fantastic bill."

Zophar

Keep burning everyone who comes to your defense, Donny. Please make an enemy of the House GOP, by all means, after they nuked their political careers for *your* odious healthcare bill.

Uhh
RT-trump-AHCA-ml-170505_12x5_1600.jpg

Zolo

This is weird. This whole thing thing is scary and weird.

Don't think there have really been any reports on it and those that have been there have mostly been bad along with reports about how unpopular the bills are. He may change his tune once Fox News starts gushing about how great the new bill is.

DrSlek

Surely people must be questioning his mental health now? I've been thinking for a month that he might be developing dementia.

Shadybiz

Its really obvious he didn't even fucking read it the first time, he just wanted a win so bad he didn't care.

Exactly. And then after the shitty CBO score finally came out, he's finally acknowledging that it's a shitty deal. He just wanted the "win."

jay

Maybe those old right wing conspiracy theories about him running to destroy the Republicans chances of winning were too short sighted and he was actually meant to win in order to destroy the party itself.

Maxim726X

The same bill he had a Rose Garden celebration for? 😂

The very same.

But it had a lot of words... Too many words. The worst words.

He needed time to digest them all. Or perhaps someone had to re-write it for him, using pictures and diagrams.

RPGCrazied

Maybe those old right wing conspiracy theories about him running to destroy the Republicans chances of winning were too short sighted and he was actually meant to win in order to destroy the party itself.

Would be hilarious if he is doing this all to make Republicans look bad.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
This fucking deranged lunatic. Would he be saying it was 'mean' if it had passed the first time? No, he'd be basking in the 'win'. Precedent tells me he's feeling insecure, and is pandering to his base to try snatch another one.

studyguy

The president shitting on the AHCA literally in the weeks before the deadline for the July recess is delicious, please proceed.

BADMAN

Wasn't the AHCA passed in the House only passed due to how "mean" it was? How the hell are they going to get anything more reasonable passed?

jay

Surely people must be questioning his mental health now? I've been thinking for a month that he might be developing dementia.

I don't think this is really abnormal. Politicians often take hard line stances for their party's crap and behind doors admit to each other it sucks. The pomp and circumstance behind the bill's passing was to show everyone how they beat the Democrats and are the best.

Trump seems particularly terrible at being a politician, though. Every two-faced thing he says either leaks or is said in public, which defeats the point and makes you look like an imbecile or at best completely inept politician and liar.

Top Bottom