• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump calls House health care bill 'mean'

I wonder if Trump was under the impression that he could bask in the House "win" and rely on the Senate to draft something completely different, without the public really paying attention. But now that the Senate is largely copying the House plan, it's a bad look.

This fucking deranged lunatic. Would he be saying it was 'mean' if it had passed the first time? No, he'd be basking in the 'win'. Precedent tells me he's feeling insecure, and is pandering to his base to try snatch another one.

He can call a bill mean all he wants, if he signs the thing it's his to own. I honestly think he doesn't understand what the bill entails and is reacting to polling post CBO score.

He ran on a populist message that healthcare would be cheaper, better and available to everyone. Then he put Paul Ryan in charge of drafting a bill that would do this. He's fucking clueless.

pigeon

Banned
Trump was happy when the House bill passed because he wanted a win.

He's sad now because the Senate bill is getting bad news coverage and that's where all his information comes from.

Trump does not know or care that it's the same bill.

If I didn't know how much of an imbecile he is, I'd honestly think this motherfucker is trying to gaslight an entire country. I'm actually starting to question my own sanity.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
If I didn't know how much of an imbecile he is, I'd honestly think this motherfucker is trying to gaslight an entire country. I'm actually starting to question my own sanity.
Common Narcissistic Personality Disorder tactic. Exactly what he's doing.

Somewhere he's caught a whiff of this looking bad for him, so he's trying to distance himself from it. IMO.

Balphon

So mean you had Paul Ryan over to chug Bud Lights after the House passed it.

Reality has officially jumped the shark.

shiba5

The narcissist's prayer:

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did... You deserved it.

Bakercat

Uhh
RT-trump-AHCA-ml-170505_12x5_1600.jpg

This picture pisses me off so much.

Donny. If you want everyone to love you, maybe try being a liberal? I'm dead serious.

Use your sway with the Republicans and reach across the aisle. I mean I know your a fucking evil idiot so this will never happen, but hey, a guy can dream.

Ponn

Banned
When you're whole damn identity is based on image, ass-kissing and manipulation this is the end result. Once you have used somebody you will throw them under the bus to try and please the next.

During my physical today, my doctor was railing against Obamacare as one of the reasons health care has gotten so expensive. I started to think "Oh boy..." when he said, "but if you think Obamacare was bad, just wait until you see what the Republicans are going to do to healthcare... I hope you're putting a LOT into your HSA."

OceanBlue

Maybe he wants to play the Senate bill against the House bill. Even if they're basically the same thing, if the narrative is that the Senate rejected the bad House bill for something better I can see his base latching onto that. Those sorts of comparisons are really common in marketing.

Mulberry

Nah, he just wants to be liked. That is literally all that matters to him. Feed his ego.

I don't even know that he wants to be liked. He wants what he wants and doesn't care about the party line here. The Republicans have already proved they are his bitch, now he will treat them like his bitch.

pigeon

Banned
During my physical today, my doctor was railing against Obamacare as one of the reasons health care has gotten so expensive. I started to think "Oh boy..." when he said, "but if you think Obamacare was bad, just wait until you see what the Republicans are going to do to healthcare... I hope you're putting a LOT into your HSA."

Excellent bedside manner on that guy. "Man I'm gonna charge you so much you're going to be fucking screwed. Follow up on six weeks?"

Got

Banned

Time to get a new doctor

I had to Google the meaning of mean for the first time in my life. I thought he was using a meaning no one else uses. If not Holly shit this guys is fucking insane. Seriously.

Top Bottom