• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump calls House health care bill 'mean'

I mean he did run on cheaper healthcare, no cuts to medicare or medicaid, no one will lose their coverage, and everyone will be covered.

wouldn't it be wild if contrary to all expectations, he actually believes in those things and is just now realizing out that republicans are pushing for like the exact opposite?

DrSlek

I had to Google the meaning of mean for the first time in my life. I thought he was using a meaning no one else uses. If not Holly shit this guys is fucking insane. Seriously.

I suppose there's a very slim chance he could be referencing a statistical mean...

120v

I mean he did run on cheaper healthcare, no cuts to medicare or medicaid, no one will lose their coverage, and everyone will be covered.

wouldn't it be wild if contrary to all expectations, he actually believes in those things and is just now realizing out that republicans are pushing for like the exact opposite?

for what it's worth he probably had no idea what's in the bill until recently, and still has but a vague notion.

should be amusing if congress goes the whole nine yards and he has to sell it

He was just in it for the praise.

Between this and the cabinet meeting he had the other day, there is no reason to doubt that this is an insecure human being.

Yep, he really is. He just wants wins, he doesn't really give a shit. The man is so egotistical it is beyond insane.

Jake Sherman
@JakeSherman
A lot of House Rs twisted themselves & took what they considered a risky vote for health care bill at trump's urging. They're not pleased.
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/874779188301090816

xA2CUX2.gif

Maybe they should grow a pair, cause this bill is going to come back to the House. How about they vote no? Oh wait, cause they are not pleased just like McCain is always upset, distraught, unnerved, shaken, beside himself, etc.

Jake Sherman
@JakeSherman
A lot of House Rs twisted themselves & took what they considered a risky vote for health care bill at trump's urging. They're not pleased.

Yeah, I bet, but will they do anything? No, they'll just fume while they give a check mark to anything that comes through the House. Except maybe the Freedom Caucus. They seem to be the only part of the GOP in the House that has any balls, sadly.

Jinaar

Yeah, I bet, but will they do anything? No, they'll just fume while they give a check mark to anything that comes through the House. Except maybe the Freedom Caucus. They seem to be the only part of the GOP in the House that has any balls, sadly.

They will be put around a table, with Pappy Trump at the head of it, and be told to say nice things about Pappy infront of cameras and how great allll his decisions and things he says are. And they will do it. Sadly.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Trump has to be senile, right? It can't just be stupidity... can it?
While his stability seems iffy I'd say it's more just the actions of an insanely narcissistic individual. If you look at him as someone who literally NEVER thinks they are in the wrong -
ever - and every decision they make, no matter how shitty, is right - to him, these about-faces on policy or whatever are probably a complete non-issue. He'll just throw some others under the bus to save his own reputation.

shiba5

Jake Sherman
@JakeSherman

Oh boo hoo!

What do you bet he won't sign it when it gets to him? He is actively sabotaging the ACA to make Trumpcare look better, but public opinion on this thing it going to be dire. He will probably throw the entire GOP under the bus.

While his stability seems iffy I'd say it's more just the actions of an insanely narcissistic individual. If you look at him as someone who literally NEVER thinks they are in the wrong -
ever - and every decision they make, no matter how shitty, is right - to him, these about-faces on policy or whatever are probably a complete non-issue. He'll just throw some others under the bus to save his own reputation.

I keep hearing this but what I wonder about is when he suddenly reverses these decisions. If he doesn't think he's wrong, he would be dying on that hill and trying to keep the senate from changing it.

I'm willing to consider the possibility that he loses his sanity/senses in these moments and says what he thinks not ever realizing it contradicts what he did a month ago.

Mivey

He understood that the Senate will make something new, so he tells them he hates the old one so that he can then "own" whatever they come up, like it was his idea the entire time.
At least that's what I would believe, but that's too clever for Trump.

He understood that the Senate will make something new, so he tells them he hates the old one so that he can then "own" whatever they come up, like it was his idea the entire time.
At least that's what I would believe, but that's too clever for Trump.

Trump is using the EA/Molyneux cycle

It just seems weird that now of all times that Trump is speaking like this. I wonder if this is some sort of trick that we are not seeing here.
How so? He's already said other countries have better health care systems than the US, he's not really a Republican, and he has supported ideas that are diametrically opposed to what's in the current GOP bills floating around. The weird thing is that he thought hitching a ride with the establishment GOP in order to win the election while not truly buying into their views of the world was workable. People would be better off running as a 3rd party and losing vs. twisting yourself in knots once you win.

What the fuck is going over there?

this motherfucker is crazy is whats going on.

If Dems started sucking up to trump like republicans have I guarantee you he'd start trying to go against more of the shit he's pushed for. Fuck that shit though

Dude is mentally ill. He has major abandonment issues and needs constant adoration to keep him going. Under the surface of the pseudo bravado is a man who never learned to be comfortable with self. He's only learned how to maintain a position over others to never confront feelings of inadequacy.

shiba5

I saw a Tweet that said it was called "mean" on Fox n' Friends this morning, and if that's true (and I'm not sure why Fox wouldn't be giddy over killing people) than he still doesn't know what's in the bill and is parroting Fox talking points.
Fox News is the actual President.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
God Fucking damnit. I don't want to live in a country where the president uses words like "mean" to describe a bill he threw a party for.

Ugh...

multivac

I'm sure he was just quoted out of context and actually said the bill was a "lean, mean, health-caring machine...bigly"

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I keep hearing this but what I wonder about is when he suddenly reverses these decisions. If he doesn't think he's wrong, he would be dying on that hill and trying to keep the senate from changing it.

I'm willing to consider the possibility that he loses his sanity/senses in these moments and says what he thinks not ever realizing it contradicts what he did a month ago.
I think he just does what is the most beneficial to him in the moment. If he thinks it's a good move for some adulation he'll just do it and act like he never said otherwise. I'm convinced he just exists in a mode where his brain is just constantly going over and over in a loop for appreciation and attention.

Top Bottom