• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Campaign Under Investigation for Potential Guidance of Russia Digital Operation

WASHINGTON
Investigators at the House and Senate Intelligence committees and the Justice Department are examining whether the Trump campaign’s digital operation – overseen by Jared Kushner – helped guide Russia’s sophisticated voter targeting and fake news attacks on Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Congressional and Justice Department investigators are focusing on whether Trump’s campaign pointed Russian cyber operatives to certain voting jurisdictions in key states – areas where Trump’s digital team and Republican operatives were spotting unexpected weakness in voter support for Hillary Clinton, according to several people familiar with the parallel inquiries.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article160803619.html

RPGCrazied

I have a feeling if anyone gets in trouble over all this it will be him or maybe Manafort. Much as I want it to bring down Trump though.

Why isn't anyone talking about the Russian lawyers info on Clintons collusion with Russia that Trump jr stated was a nothing burger?

WHY?

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
giphy.gif

gcubed

I have a feeling if anyone gets in trouble over all this it will be him or maybe Manafort. Much as I want it to bring down Trump though.

At some point if every single person working for you is doing something illegal, you can't really get away with "it wasn't me"

RPGCrazied

Also keep in mind, Trump's new FBI director pick is getting hearings, and has ties to Russia! I'm sure he wants to stop all these investigations. Thank god we have Mueller though, until he is fired.

Manafort and Flynn are 100% in trouble for various things.

Trump Jr and Kushner are looking more and more likely to join them.

Mr Swine

Banned
Also keep in mind, Trump's new FBI director pick is getting hearings, and has ties to Russia! I'm sure he wants to stop all these investigations. Thank god we have Mueller though, until he is fired.

Can Trump appoint a FBI director that has ties to Russia? I mean there is a big chance that Trumps pick just closes all investigations and claims it's fake or something like that

RPGCrazied

Can Trump appoint a FBI director that has ties to Russia? I mean there is a big chance that Trumps pick just closes all investigations and claims it's fake or something like that

At this point he probably can appoint anyone. Has the GOP shown any backbone so far?

Gattsu25

Banned
It's been said for a while that the Russian disinformation campaign seemed awfully accurately targeted. This, if it pans out, would help to explain that.

JettDash

Trump could nominate Paul Manafort to be FBI Director and the only thing that could stop it is him failing to be confirmed.

Firing Mueller now, especially with all of the evidence that has been leaking out, would be about as obvious a confession as Jr tweeting the email chain. There's too much fire out there now.

I wonder if it will even be possible to remove all the Russian agents that are running the White House and various agencies. Its clear that not one clean appointment has been made, which makes sense since its Putin and the Koch brothers behind the whole scheme. Scraping off the presidump, immediate family, the campaign managers, the AG, doesn't seem like enough by a long shot.

JettDash

I wonder if it will even be possible to remove all the Russian agents that are running the White House and various agencies. Its clear that not one clean appointment has been made, which makes sense since its Putin and the Koch brothers behind the whole scheme. Scraping off the presidump, immediate family, the campaign managers, the AG, doesn't seem like enough by a long shot.

If Pence becomes president be could just fire all of them.

Oooh, I had heard people speculate about something to this effect. That things like fake news stories and social media accounts seemed to be clustered in areas where Clinton showed uncharacteristic weakness, and the speculation that Russia couldn't possibly know these weak spots on their own. It was speculation, but I guess now it's investigation.

Lo-Volt

McClatchy putting some serious work in this morning and it’s only Wednesday, shit.

Also, Hillary Clinton should be president or should have lost on her own merits and that’s clearly not what happened. I really wonder how we’re going to navigate the next few years of this when more people saying this guy is a fake president, and that one half of mainstream American politics is abandoning all legitimacy to participate in this system.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Firing Mueller now, especially with all of the evidence that has been leaking out, would be about as obvious a confession as Jr tweeting the email chain. There's too much fire out there now.

It's like Bernie Madoff or Enron for the Republican party. As long as money keeps coming in/the stock price keeps going up/they hold on to the house and senate the GOP can just keep on rolling even if they fire everyone.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Yeah but guys nothing happened in that meeting Kush Kush attended it was a nothing burger even if they were tripping over each other to work with Natalia

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
This has been a theory for a while now, that the Trump campaign (particularly Kushner) had all sorts of info on Americans and gave it to Russia so they could better target people with propaganda.

Given how incompetent they've been at everything they've done, I am skeptical that the Trump team was guiding Russia. I mean, if nothing else the meddling seemed to be well planned.

Given the number of times people were sure that this is it for real this time guys, I propose we retire this gif from Trump threads.

I always thought that Trump’s Midwest / Pennsylvania campaign was sketchy.

Everybody thought it was a fool’s errand... and he ended up squeaking by through that route and everyone was shocked that he achieved that.

I don’t know if they had the insight to go after the Midwest before or after directing fake news; but now I’m convinced they’re related.

entremet

This a Congressional investigation, which means nothing due to GOP control of both Houses. Justice Department is also under the Executive Branch.

We need an independent counsel like yesterday. Even Mueller isn't independent. He can be fired. Horrible optics, but still possible.

RPGCrazied

Plus this guy only needs like 50 votes to get confirmed? I mean shit, DeVos got through. They all got through, he will too.

Top Bottom