• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump claims 1000s from Mass voted in New Hampshire, brings up "Pocahontas" again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they just mistaken here then?

It takes a majority of votes to confirm. It takes 60 votes to overcome a filibuster. McConnell can get rid of the filibuster if he chooses.

Most confirmed justices have gotten well more than 60 votes in favor (in the current Senate size), but not all. In recent appointments to the Supreme Court, Clarence Thomas was confirmed 52-48 under President George H.W. Bush and Samuel Alito was confirmed 58-42 under President George W. Bush.

Poppy

the only reason anyone from new england goes to NH is for the cheap liquor outlets and no sales tax lol, who the fuck would want to go to that insane place to vote

KoopaTheCasual

He is really turning her into the one.

Trump is so stupid.
The GOP is actually betting on her becoming the face of the party, because they literally think they can defeat her entire platform with "Pocahontas".

Then again, they defeated Hillary with "but her emails!.... oh and Benghazi!" so I guess it's not too crazy anymore.

HaloSon

Banned
The GOP is actually betting on her becoming the face of the party, because they literally think they can defeat her entire platform with "Pocahontas".

Then again, they defeated Hillary with "but her emails!.... oh and Benghazi!" so I guess it's not too crazy anymore.

Pocahontas will not work.

Ithil

You won you moron. STFU already.

In his eyes the popular vote is the actual "contest". That he lost a popularity contest, the popularity contest, and badly at that, will eat at the part of him where souls usually are in a body for the rest of his life.

Apathy

Fucking hell. Yes yes, donald, the whole world loves you, all those votes casted for hillary were just fake and illegals, you got 300 million votes you giant orange baby.

Warren is the last person he should be picking a fight with. Plenty of spineless democrats to beat up.

He along with most of the Republican party are misogynists. They want Warren to be the 2020 nominee because they think there's no way a woman can beat them.

The funny thing is that I think an unknown like Kamala Harris or Kirsten Gillibrand is more likely to win the nomination.

In his eyes the popular vote is the actual "contest". That he lost a popularity contest, the popularity contest, and badly at that, will eat at the part of him where souls usually are in a body for the rest of his life.

Yeah. It's one of the only things pleasurable about his win. He won because of the EC, but he can't stand the fact that the majority of people in this country didn't vote for him. He'll never, ever let it go, which means that everyone should remind him of it as often as possible.

Mr Swine

Banned
So I guess what Trump is trying to say is that he payed 1000's of people to go and vote illegally for him so he won? Well that makes a lot of sense!

Kremzeek

Does he actually believe, in his heart, that you can bus people from one state to another on election day and just have them vote???

Hes either dangerously deranged, or the biggest asshole in the world.

Or both.

I would be SOOO curious to see this bus.

Koomaster

Trump is already in re-election mode so prepare for the election season to last the next 4 years. Part of that is going to be hyping up his win this past election and trying to downplay any negatives; up to and including conspiracy theories and straight up lying to make himself look better.

Ithil

Yeah. It's one of the only things pleasurable about his win. He won because of the EC, but he can't stand the fact that the majority of people in this country didn't vote for him. He'll never, ever let it go, which means that everyone should remind him of it as often as possible.

I do believe he genuinely doesn't like the EC, and winning it certainly meant nothing in comparison to winning the popular vote, because the EC isn't about winning a popularity contest, it's just about winning the right geographical locations, and there's no real ego boost in that.

His entire life revolves around having the biggest numbers, and making up the biggest numbers when he doesn't have them. Ratings, crowd sizes, numbers of votes, social media followers, numbers numbers numbers is what he obsesses over, he ties them directly to his ego and happiness.

Maybe if he had won some kind of rare landslide in the EC like 400+ votes or something it would be something, but his was completely standard, average.
Ironically I believe he would love to switch places with Clinton, to have won the popular vote by millions but lose the EC by a standard amount so he can claim he was "the real winner" forever but not actually have to be president and do all that work he doesn't understand or get any pleasure from.

Taiser

According to participants in Thursday’s meeting, Trump referred to Warren several times as “Pocahontas,” the moniker he gave her during his campaign, and told the Democrats present he is glad Warren is becoming the face of “your party.”

I hope Warren starts referring to him as:

-Orange-Utan
-Cheeto Kaiser
-The Orange Menace
-Donnie "tiny hands"
-Don the Con

Misdirection? Misdirection.

giphy.gif

This 4d chess shit needs to stop

Lord Fagan

Wait, isn't Trump a teetotaler? My grandma always said, never trust a sober politician.

Pretty sure that's just alcohol.

I still think President Sniffles has other addictions, most of them not based on a substance. He's obviously hooked on television in a very unhealthy way, and if the rumors about the kompromat are true, he's got a very strange fixation on Michelle Obama, and has a taste for, let's say more exotic activities one might explore with multiple prostitutes.

If the whole Pocahontas thing is false, can't Warren sue Trump for libel.

Not really her style, but I think it would be difficult on it's own because libel involves knowingly making false claims about someone in print, and Warren has been the on record that she was told and believes a small part of her heritage is native. Plus, she's a public figure, she's open to this kind of namecalling just like anybody else. But whatever, she's got way thicker skin than him, anyway.

Dude Abides

Banned
Conservatives have this peculiar worldview whereby, on one hand, they acknowledge that they are not the mainstream in terms of demographics. However, elections whereby they are the not the mainstream (or, the majority) are seen as unreliable (fraud).

This is not true. Conservatives know they are not in the cultural mainstream, and they believe it is because the culture is controlled by Jews and gays on the coasts.

They strongly believe they are a majority politically, but that majority is overlooked (or silent or forgotten). White people are still the majority in the US, and they believe a lot of non-whites are conservative but are afraid to be too open about it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
People are saying it's rather common to bus volunteers for knocking on doors and such. Obviously not to vote though...

I actually volunteered to do something like this in Wisconsin(battleground state) during the Kerry/Bush race in 2000. Essentially we just set up a number of buses that ran around the clock to different neighborhoods on election day so that those without easy access or transportation to their voting center had a free option to do so.

We also made calls and set up advertisements throughout these many locations to ensure that the voters(usually elderly) were aware and anyone with special needs(wheelchair access) had specific pickup times and loading platforms if required.

Shiv47

I hate when he calls Elizabeth Warren 'Pocahontas'.

My dad loves Trump and was loving the Pocahontas thing. Unfortunately, he has claimed (with no evidence that I've ever seen) that one of his dad's grandmothers was a Native American. So I started calling him Sitting Bull. He didn't like that too much.

Sanjuro

He should be salty as fuck with New Hampshire. I head there fairly frequently, and there were plenty of people taking the bait. The people up there are very different than the folk even a few hours north or south. Was proud they eked out the overtime victory.

Ernest

Banned
I was about to say that Trump's losing his mind, but then realized that he lost it long ago - this is just further proof of his lost mind.

It's really amazing how the number of votes HRC won by and the number of fraudulent voters there were in a state are so closely correlated!

What a fucking baby. He won the election and his ego still got this bruised.

Kirye

No one cares you fucking twat. I could easily claim that Russians came to swing states and voted illegally for you, but I wouldn't because I have no proof and I'm reasonable and I don't shout out every little thing I make up as truth.

As an NH voter, I do not believe that voter fraud occurred. I will however say, that neither my mother nor me, had to show ID when we voted. She hasn't had a valid ID for years.

Breads

Banned
Does he expect this to be an insult?

Does he really think that everyone is as triggered by non white christians as he is?

DarkKyo

As an NH voter, I do not believe that voter fraud occurred. I will however say, that neither my mother nor me, had to show ID when we voted. She hasn't had a valid ID for years.

Isn't NH mostly white, Republican voters? Gee, I wonder why no ID is needed in a state with demographics like those.

mo60

Isn't NH mostly white, Republican voters? Gee, I wonder why no ID is needed in a state with demographics like those.

NH is a mostly white and slightly leaning democratic state even though last year NH leaned slightly republican.

Ponn

Banned
Honestly I could never be in a meeting with that man. All he does is bully everyone in the room to appease his napoleon complex. I would have to get up, flip him off and walk right out. There is absolutely nothing that comes out of his mouth that is worth listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom