• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump claims Obama, other presidents never called families of fallen soldiers

Drencrom

ixY7Gec.png

You know is bad when the current president is consistentely making George Bush Jr look like a fucking saint in retrospect

Loxley

Can't Obama now sue him for defamation or something to that effect? That IS defamation of the highest order and no one, not even the President of the USA should be allowed to blatantly lie about something like that.

Defamation cases are notoriously difficult to win. Obama would essentially have to prove in court that his personal and professional life was damaged as a direct result of Trump spreading lies about him.

Like, if Obama wanted to sue Trump for defamation, the best time to do that would have been at the height of the birther conspiracy movement in 2010-2011 or so. He probably could have won that case with a good enough legal team, since Trump definitely managed to sway a lot of idiots to his side with that whole circus. But of course, had Obama done that it would have just given the right-wing nut-jobs even more reason to hate him, plus after he was re-elected there was really no point in paying Trump any more attention at the time.

Hell to this day I think Hillary could have successfully sued Congress for defamation after the bullshit investigations into Benghazi if it weren't for sovereign immunity. Since they admitted those investigations were only done to damage her poll numbers and reputation with the American people. But, like Obama, she likely would have "taken the high road" instead of legal action.

too many people will say. well must be true if trump says so.

remember when this guy insulted a fallen soldier and his family? his ratings improved after that..

le.phat

Trump is such a disgrace, he tarnishes his seat in office for years to come. The world sees how broken your Nation really is, America. We see it all crumble down in real-time.

The world's most privileged nation collapsed under the weight of its own corruption.

hEist

the press should hammer Huckabee Sanders. Someone should print this tweet and show it live and ask the question, presenting the facts and show, that this effing moron is again lying.

Paz

I'm glad Trump pointed out 300 times how difficult it is for him to have to do these things, cos you know, that's the real fucking story here.

Not the dead soldiers and their families dealing with immeasurable grief.

Trump's word is law to them. They all now believe that Trump is the first president to call the families of fallen soldiers.

"Well class, the history of our country has been changed again to correspond with Donald's answers on yesterday's test. America was now discovered in 1942 by some guy. And our country isn't called America anymore. It's Bonerland."

Trickster

Somehow managed to click on a random youtube livestream just as he was asked the question and then started answering.

He actually managed to start off answering the quite in a pretty decent and respectful way. But then out of nowhere he just started saying this patently false shit. Was fucking bizarre honestly, as if a different person all of a sudden took over

Keasar

Fuck no, Trump is a moron but he has not yet started a fake war in Iraq killing millions and also started a second Economic Depression

Half a million is the current estimated total dead in Iraq, still half a bloody million dead from a needless war.

Trump's and the GOPs health policies will however slowly kill actual millions of American citizens, children included. Terrorists don't need to attack the USA when USA is already murdering it's own citizens in greed.

Somehow managed to click on a random youtube livestream just as he was asked the question and then started answering.

He actually managed to start off answering the quite in a pretty decent and respectful way. But then out of nowhere he just started saying this patently false shit. Was fucking bizarre honestly, as if a different person all of a sudden took over

He probably started off with the rehearsed answer for an agreed upon or expected question, then his ego took over and it devolved into the rambling, incomprehensible mess of lies and non-sequiturs that passes as Trump's own speech.

how can he just say anything he fucking likes, as if reality is what he dictates and nothing else matters?

America is insane for letting this go on for so long. it's the most ridiculous farce i've ever witnessed.

how can he just say anything he fucking likes, as if reality is what he dictates and nothing else matters?

America is insane for letting this go on for so long. it's the most ridiculous farce i've ever witnessed.

We live in a time where it's OK to spout whatever bullshit you like as long as you preface it with "I heard that" or "Apparently" because then you don't have to take responsibility for the lies you spew.

As an added bonus, if you are famous, every time you make up a lie there are legions of people who will turn that lie into a facebook/twitter meme and ensure it propagates across the internet until your lie becomes the truth.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh, fuck you you utter cunt.

I'm done. If anyone wants to support this utter lunatic, or vote for him in 2020 then you're a bad person, full stop.

There's political differences, which I can respect, and there's normalisation of someone whose definition of the truth depends on what day it is. Truly an abhorrent person.

Trump supporters were OK with him mocking McCain for being a POW and going after a family of a fallen soldier, so I'm sure they won't need to spin too much to keep his existing supporters content. At this point it's hard to tell what could finally break their support of him.

I will never ever understand this diluted behavior of these people. Especially after mocking McCain and the Khan-family. Why hasn't Trump yet been roasted by the conservative politicians and voters?

I always say this... But, just imagine if Obama did this. The right would legit hang him infront of the white house.

Then you have the left, all talk and no action.

Bold One

Its amazing how we let so much slip through the cracks to get him into the white house.

What he did to the Khans, the disabled, calling immigrants rapists, his disgusting gloating about harrassing women, his entire shady history of lies and bullshit.

Shit that should have ended any campaign but America thought it would be funny if we put our racist grandpa into a position to destroy everything we worked for.

Great job, people who voted for Trump. Daily reminder for them to go fuck themselves.
This is what Coates was talking about, the immutable invulnerability provided to him because of his whiteness.

Imagine Obama doing a tenth if this bullshit.

Mr Swine

Banned
I’m starting to think that Trump gives the best blowjobs to everyone in the WH hence he hasn’t been thrown under a buss. Pence must love it since he can’t be alone without his hubby Wubby

Either way this is disgusting how much shit he can say and do and nothing sticks to him. What if he tells the military to kill people, I guess nobody would care?

HotHamBoy

I’m starting to think that Trump gives the best blowjobs to everyone in the WH hence he hasn’t been thrown under a buss. Pence must love it since he can’t be alone without his hubby Wubby

Either way this is disgusting how much shit he can say and do and nothing sticks to him. What if he tells the military to kill people, I guess nobody would care?

Trump has so mamy connections with so mamy vile people and many of the people in the government are getting lobbyist money and donations from said connections.

Of course, the GOP is also terrified of losing support from his base. They will do anything to hold power.

Most of the politicians don't really serve America, they serve wealth and industry. That's what Trump is all about. Status, power.

He rules through fear.
This is what Coates was talking about, the immutable invulnerability provided to him because of his whiteness.

Yeah but it's not just because he is white. There is something else at play - the GOP and his cult following.

If he had gotten a blowjob from his secretary in the Oval Office and lied about it, which he would, it would be swept away by the end of the week.

Can we get both Trump and Pence out?
Cause I don't think having Pence as a president would be good, when it's fairly obvious he's a religious nut job.

Obama couldn't even ask for dijon mustard without 1/2 of America losing it's collective shit over it.

Obama is literally the personification of the age old black saying "We have to be twice as good as white people in order to get half as much" and all it's variations.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why even lie about something like this

It's important to him that, if he does something positive, he's literally the first to do it/invent it/one of the best at doing it. That's the only way he knows how to frame his """achievements""". He has likely never heard of the concept of humility in his life, and if you told him about it, he would immediately jump to "I am, with few exceptions, possibly the most humble president in history".

JoeM86

It's important to him that, if he does something positive, he's literally the first to do it/invent it/one of the best at doing it. That's the only way he knows how to frame his """achievements""". He has likely never heard of the concept of humility in his life, and if you told him about it, he would immediately jump to "I am, with few exceptions, possibly the most humble president in history".

He has actually said that... not just humble president but humble person.

Yeah but it's not just because he is white. There is something else at play - the GOP and his cult following.

If he had gotten a blowjob from his secretary in the Oval Office and lied about it, which he would, it would be swept away by the end of the week.

I'm honestly, no exaggeration convinced the Pee Pee Tape could be released tomorrow, have those involved be child prostitutes, and his current supporters would not care, nor would the GOP do anything about it.

The Republican party has been grooming their base to follow someone like Trump for decades. They've pandered to their racism and helped it grow more and more. They've played to and promoted LGBT bigotry. They indoctrinated them against women in positions of leadership. They've preached Supply Side Jesus and how those with money are special divine citizens who should be worshiped and have been chosen by god himself. They've glorified authoritarianism and the of reckless and pointless use of military violence.

This has been a project they've been building since Nixon adopted the Southern Strategy. Since Reagan announced his "Make America Great Again" presidency on a spot where civil rights activists were murdered to mock them.

And it just so happens the suit was just Donald Trump's size and he just stepped into it.

We're dealing with a cult of personality, not unlike that in North Korea. Except that the Dear Leader they've prophesied has only now just shown up.

It's been a 40 year indoctrination process. It'll take 40 years at least to undo all of that.

wandering

Banned
You know is bad when the current president is consistentely making George Bush Jr look like a fucking saint in retrospect

When Trump was insulting the Khan family people shared the video of Bush responding to an anti-war activist who had lost her son. It was remarkable how empathetic and well-spoken he seemed by contrast. I’d never thought I’d come to see him that way.

lazygecko

When people like Trump deflect with "it's just what I heard!" or "it's what I've been told!" they should immediately be pressed on where they heard it or who told them that. Don't just let them get away with that shit.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Trump is such a disgrace, he tarnishes his seat in office for years to come. The world sees how broken your Nation really is, America. We see it all crumble down in real-time.

The world's most privileged nation collapsed under the weight of its own corruption.

Hyperbole at its finest.....right?

Top Bottom