• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump credits his Twitter wrath for Kaepernick's unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Youtube link.

Article link.

While talking to the crowd in Louisville, Kentucky, about the nation's urban communities, Trump swerved in midstream and cited a report that NFL owners were avoiding hiring Kaepernick because they did not want to face Trump's Twitter wrath.

"Our inner cities will find a rebirth of hope, safety and opportunity," Trump said before bringing up Kaepernick's free agency. "Your San Francisco quarterback, I'm sure nobody ever heard of him."

Then the President clarified he was citing an article he had read.

"It was reported that NFL owners don't want to pick him up because they don't want to get a nasty tweet from Donald Trump," he said. "Do you believe that? I just saw that. I just saw that."

This fucking guy.

Zen Aku

"ohhhh Donald's tweets are scary stuff. Don't wanna get any of that. You'll automatically lose half your IQ points trying to read one meant for you." - NFL coaches.

Toth

What a ridiculous thing to say. If he's in 'limbo', it's because of his talent, not because of a few tweets. Last I heard there were teams interested in him.

Has Trump given a speech where he doesn't turn everything into a narrative about how popular and influential he is? These "campaign" rallies look as nationalist/totalitarian to me as his policies.

Capra

I love how everyone he doesn't like is someone who "nobody ever heard of." This fucker is so transparently obsessed with needing the attention of others to validate his own existence.

effzee

I doubt Kaep will get picked up.

He has sucked for almost 3 seasons now but he proved enough in his first 2-3 seasons to at least have teams give him a shot to start or be a quality backup.

But he won't get picked up cause NFL Owners would rather risk PR nightmares on players who do drugs, punch women, or get caught in other criminal activities than pick up a QB who took a social stance.

I have my own issues with Kaep and his "stance" cause at the end he didn't vote, claimed Hillary and Trump are equals, thus equally bad, and now he has said he won't continue to boycott the anthem by sitting.

With all that said, he did put his money to work by donating and working to help the issues he is concerned about. He isn't a locker room distraction and his team voted him as captain last season. He surely deserves to be in the NFL especially considering the bottom of the barrel QBs getting 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances to be QBs.

Talking about "urban issues" in Louisville KY at a rally that is 99.9% white in seguing to talking about his imaginary ability to prevent w black QB from being hired, a QB who is hated like crazy by that audience.

I'd throw a rock at his face if I could get way with it

Sanjuro

Let's not beat around the bush. He is bad, but on no way he is done based on his injury record, mobility, and not having a full set of eyes in a new system.

At the same time I don't think any team views him as a necessary component.

Rembrandt

Banned
Talking about "urban issues" in Louisville KY at a rally that is 99.9% white in seguing to talking about his imaginary ability to prevent w black QB from being hired, a QB who is hated like crazy by that audience.

I'd throw a rock at his face if I could get way with it

There was at least one "yeah, fuck that nigger" yell from the audience.

Boney

Banned
trmp1.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If he really was that terrible I think it'd be easier for him to actually find a job. Theres a good half dozen teams or so that will be trying to -not- win football games this year. But the reality is he's nowhere close to being as terrible as a Josh McCown if the goal is to tank this year while still pretending like you're in the business of winning football games.

Don't think Kaep is particularly all that great either but the main reason he can't find a job has very little to do with his actual performance honestly. Still think someone will give him a shot, some GM will think giving him a multiple option-year deal that costs them basically nothing is worth the "risk" (because it is).

LionPride

Banned
Willing to take a flyer on EJ Manuel, but unwilling to sign someone because you or you're fans are bigoted or prejudiced *cough* Jets and Bills for example *cough*

Dryk

I love how everyone he doesn't like is someone who "nobody ever heard of." This fucker is so transparently obsessed with needing the attention of others to validate his own existence.
Everyone he doesn't like is a nobody or "failing". Attention and wealth are the only metrics he knows how to judge things on.

SKINNER!

Banned
Kaepernick is currently endorsing and helping with sending food and aid to Somalia because of a famine crisis there. You know, real shit! Not running his mouth on twitter like a 5 year old while jerking off in Mar-a-Lago every weekend. Man, fuck this orange cunt.

So Donald just set himself up for a slander lawsuit.

He just admitted Kaepernick can't get a job because he tweeted nasty things about him.

Kaepernick is feeding poor and starving people in Somalia, while Trump wants to take meal programs away from poor children in school and the elderly.

Yet Kaep is the enemy here somehow. I hope a team does sign him. He's better than some of the garbage QBs getting contracts now.

Jay Cutler is also unsigned I guess he's being blacklisted too :p

I'm not denying the fact Kaep's protest is part of the reason he isn't employed, but if he was balling like he did back when Harbaugh was there someone would take the pr hit and sign him. The fact he's been bad on the field, undersized compared to where he was when he was good, and injury prone why would anyone pay what Kaep is likely asking.

Kaep opting out was stupid he's going to lose money whenever he does get signed to be someone's back up.

I doubt Kaep will get picked up.

He has sucked for almost 3 seasons now but he proved enough in his first 2-3 seasons to at least have teams give him a shot to start or be a quality backup.

But he won't get picked up cause NFL Owners would rather risk PR nightmares on players who do drugs, punch women, or get caught in other criminal activities than pick up a QB who took a social stance.

I have my own issues with Kaep and his "stance" cause at the end he didn't vote, claimed Hillary and Trump are equals, thus equally bad, and now he has said he won't continue to boycott the anthem by sitting.

With all that said, he did put his money to work by donating and working to help the issues he is concerned about. He isn't a locker room distraction and his team voted him as captain last season. He surely deserves to be in the NFL especially considering the bottom of the barrel QBs getting 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances to be QBs.

Kaepernick isn't getting picked up because he became a black player who is willing to speak out. Kaepernick also had two years of the worst NFL coaching I have ever seen guiding him and he still played ok. If he isn't on a roster when next season starts I'm boycotting.

RS4-

Kaepernick is currently endorsing and helping with sending food and aid to Somalia because of a famine crisis there. You know, real shit! Not running his mouth on twitter like a 5 year old while jerking off in Mar-a-Lago every weekend. Man, fuck this orange cunt.

Kaepernick is feeding poor and starving people in Somalia, while Trump wants to take meal programs away from poor children in school and the elderly.

Yet Kaep is the enemy here somehow. I hope a team does sign him. He's better than some of the garbage QBs getting contracts now.

Kaep is more legit than the NFL and trump.

Sanjuro

Kaepernick isn't getting picked up because he became a black player who is willing to speak out. Kaepernick also had two years of the worst NFL coaching I have ever seen guiding him and he still played ok. If he isn't on a roster when next season starts I'm boycotting.

Not entirely. Like I mentioned before, the skillset is questionable. Many teams now are moving away from signing aging free agents and looking to develop their own talent. Romo still doesn't even have a team right now.

If the Jets didn't look like fools last season signing Fitzmagic they would have already jumped.

Not entirely. Like I mentioned before, the skillset is questionable. Many teams now are moving away from signing aging free agents and looking to develop their own talent. Romo still doesn't even have a team right now.

If the Jets didn't look like fools last season signing Fitzmagic they would have already jumped.

To be fair the cowboys haven't released romo since jj is delusional to think someone will trade for him

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
To be fair the cowboys haven't released romo since jj is delusional to think someone will trade for him

Once Romo goes and then I can see Cutler going somewhere. Kap won't get picked up till before Camp or not at all. For all we know Kap is asking for the same amount or money he was getting on the 49ers.

Once Romo goes and then I can see Cutler going somewhere. Kap won't get picked up till before Camp or not at all. For all we know Kap is asking for the same amount or money he was getting on the 49ers.

Exactly and nothing in the past 3 years on the field has given us any indication he can be what he was back in the harbaugh era. Same issue with romo which is why nobody is willing to trade for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom