• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: I won New Hampshire because it's a drug-infested den (he didn't win NH)

Holmes

Presented without comment. Other than he didn't even win New Hampshire.

In his phone call with Nieto, he said:
“We have a massive drug problem where kids are becoming addicted to drugs because the drugs are being sold for less money than candy,” Trump said. “I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den.”

Source

The Governor responds:

DGUMmBCUwAAfd7K

Xe4

Banned
I was gonna say, I was pretty fucking sure he didn't win NH.

Maybe those millions of bad hombres all live in New Hampshire?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm glad the governor just bluntly said that Trump was wrong right out of the gate.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Saying you won a state that you didn't even win is even worse than grossly inflating your inauguration numbers lmao.

Beartruck

His victory is literally the most important thing in thworld to him, and he doesn't even have the details of THAT right. What a collossal idiot.

Azuran

Banned
Drugs costs less than candy? How did drug dealers over there managed that amazing feat?

Are you telling me a can get a dime bag of heroin for less than a bag of skittles? Damn.

Trump is full of bad faith.

he "uses" situations to benefit himself politically and financially.

he doesn't want to solve the drug problem, he uses it as political capital for campaign rhetoric

Even if he was deliberately referring to his primary win of New Hampshire, it seems unusual for a sitting president to be so insecure in their recent successes to have to dive back to primary contests to bolster themselves.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
"Asshole Al" (Baldasaro) agrees with Trump on this: https://mobile.twitter.com/NHDems/status/893141260348915712?p=v

About Baldasaro, for those unaware.

According to the Guardian, Baldasaro is "known as one of the most conservative—and controversial" members of the New Hampshire's 400-member House of Representatives. Baldasaro led the fight against same-sex marriage in New Hampshire. As of 2016, Baldasaro was serving his fifth term in the House.

In the 2012 Republican presidential primaries, Baldasaro supported Texas Governor Rick Perry. At a Republican primary presidential debate in 2011, the audience booed and jeered a gay Marine who had submitted a debate question about the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. When asked about the incident, Baldasaro said that he was "disgusted" by the Marine and said: "I thought the audience, when they booed the marine, I thought it was great." Baldasaro, who was criticized for the remarks by the Nashua Telegraph, defended his comments in the media, stating that it is against Department of Defense regulations to wear a PT uniform at a partisan event.

In late December 2015, in response to a Facebook post made by Democratic State Representative Amanda Bouldin's supporting breastfeeding in public and opposing a New Hampshire bill that would criminalize the exposure of women's nipples or breasts in public, Baldasaro wrote on his Facebook page, "Amanda, no disrespect, but your nipple would be the last one I would want to see. You want to turn our family beaches into a pervert show." Baldasaro refused to apologize or retract his remarks. The incident prompted Republican House speaker Shawn Jasper to ask state Representatives "to act with dignity, to act with respect" in his remarks the following month at the opening of the 2016 legislative session.

The Secret Service also had to investigate him over threats made about Hillary Clinton.

g11

He didn't win because NH has a drug problem, NH has a drug problem because he won.

They aren't fucking around when they say "Live Free or Die".

/crass humor

Gov. Sununu doesn't like what he said, but Sununu also shows up at his rallies and "stands by" his decision to withdraw from Paris.

Wonder if that'll help Sununu's campaign next time around...

Top Bottom