• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: I won New Hampshire because it's a drug-infested den (he didn't win NH)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Where are these drugs that people are getting for a buck? Ahem, just asking for a friend.

giphy.gif

“I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den. Oh, wait, I didn't win? I lost New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den. We need the feds in there quick!”

Clearly he meant he didn't win New Hampshire because it's a drug-infested den. Which is a more sensible argument to make if you aren't trying to shit on yourself; "the only reason people vote for me is because they are too fucked up to think straight" is not a great argument.

chekhonte

These stories have gone from funny to distressing in short order. For the first time in my 40 years I'm actively looking into movie out of this country permanently.

Deft Beck

NH resident here. There's a lot of pill and heroin addicts here. I personallly have a friend who died from a relapsed pill addiction.

So, I get it, as crass as the statement was.

Prediction- WH Statement:

"The President misspoke. He meant to say he lost New Hampshire because it's a drug den. You see, the President is so used to WINNING all the time, it was natural for him to say he won. Losing is just not a regular part of his vocabulary, so that's why he misspoke."

Prediction- WH Statement:

"The President misspoke. He meant to say he lost New Hampshire because it's a drug den. You see, the President is so used to WINNING all the time, it was natural for him to say he won. Losing is just not a regular part of his vocabulary, so that's why he misspoke."
Nah, I predict it'll be all "But what about the leaks?!?!?!"

Of course he'd post this, just as I was typing at Dartmouth college. Trump never continues to cease to amaze, I gotta say. Something good better be coming soon.

zelas

Trump supporters/racists, please explain to me how this alternative fact works. What did Trump "really" mean?

I assume he meant the citizens of NH are tired of the drug addiction, so they voted for him, someone who can clean things up.

Nah.

Aaron

Doesn't matter what he says. Doesn't matter if it's lewd, insulting, or wrong. He already knows he won't get impeached, and voters have very short memories. He could still get reelected.

Mahonay

Banned
FTFY.

Not because people are white that they'll automatically vote Trump.

I mean, I fucking hope so, at the very least. :lol
I mean, as a white guy this is what I want to hope too.

But, in reality, a lot of educated white people who should know better still voted for Trump. Something, something, economic anxiety.

The combo of racism, deeply instilled patriarchy, and classism is a hell of a strong drug.

Yes, but it still votes liberal in most of the Presidential elections. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a lot of desperate people fell for Trump's lies, so to say.
Trump campaigned on racism and bullying. They decided they were on board with that. Fuck them.

KDC720

Parts of NH are in the midst of a pretty bad heroin and opioid epidemic this is true, but a completely disgusting and absurd statement from Trump nonetheless.

He didn't even win NH.

NH is a decently red state I thought.

Sans Bush in 2000, NH has voted for the democratic nominee in every election since Bill Clinton. All of its house delegates right now are female democrats as well. To say that New Hampshire is a decent red state is a misunderstanding. It's generally considered leaning democratic, despite Republicans currently holding a majority in the house.

Trump campaigned on racism and bullying. They decided they were on board with that. Fuck them.

I agree, but he was so close in a lot of states too. Whites fell for Trump's bullshit line & stinker, whether intentionally (they're bad), or not, and that's just how it is.

jerry113

Banned
I mean, as a white guy this is what I want to hope too.

But, in reality, a lot of educated white people who should know better still voted for Trump. Something, something, economic anxiety.

The combo of racism, deeply instilled patriarchy, and classism is a hell of a strong drug.

Across most combinations of race, sex, and education, the majority of white voters voted for Trump, with the SOLE exception of college-educated white women, who went for Clinton. :

zI4aQhO.png

subrock

Look, he won every state, some because of too much drugs, others because not enough. He’s the best African-American president ever and has accomplished the most besides Lincoln. Get over it libtards

Top Bottom