• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump investigation expands into business and family members

Trump-tacky-xmas-card-800x430.png

Nothing to see here.

johnsmith

remember me

Complicit

The Trump Organization is not known for its careful due diligence. As I wrote in the magazine earlier this year, Ivanka Trump oversaw a residence and hotel project in Azerbaijan. The project was run in partnership with the family of one of that country’s leading oligarchs, and while there is no proof that the Trumps were themselves involved in money laundering, the project had many of the hallmarks of such an operation. There was no public accounting of the hundreds of millions of dollars that flowed through the project to countries around the world, millions of dollars were paid in cash, and the Azerbaijani developers were believed to be partners, at the same time, with a company that appears to be a front for the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, which is known as one of the world’s leading practitioners of money laundering. Trump’s Azerbaijani partners are known to have close ties to Russia, as do his partners in other projects in Georgia, Canada, Panama, and other nations.

Davide

With this, the campaign office raid, and an overall focus on money laundering it definitely seems like a good chance things are building towards RICO.

Wilsongt

I hope in a year or two we actually see some sort of result from all of this stuff and someone finally gets a smack on the wrist and a finger waggletelling them to not do that.

Furyous

I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP feels like this is the best way to get rid of Trump without angering his base. Trump is fucked now because it is starting to become a witch-hunt. They are gonna find unrelated illegal stuff and fuck him up.

They have to do something about Trump because this is harming 2018's elections before they've even started. If his approval rating dips below 20 percent before next fall they could easily lose half the seats up for reelection. What does it say about your party that YOUR President, he's damn sure not mine word to Republican talking point from 2009 to 2016, that his approval rating is 36 percent less than six months into his first year?

That whole crooked Hilary campaign was a deflection because it's clear who the corrupt person is.

Tahnit

Banned
It's kinda sad that the worst thing that can happen to him is him not being president anymore, and then him continueing to have the secret service follow him to golf courses for the rest of his life. No need to play fair in Monopoly if you can draw out-of-jail cards. The final form of the white collar criminal.

not if hes in prison.

Loxley

I wonder if Trump thought that firing Comey would be the end of his problems.

Most of the reports indicated that Trump & Co thought democrats would be celebrating Comey's firing and that there wouldn't be much (if any) backlash from the left, due to lingering resentment for his treatment of Hillary and the email "scandal". Which is why, at first, Trump and the WH said they fired Comey because of his mishandling of that whole situation. They thought Dems would pat them on the back, or at least wouldn't make much of a fuss.

Democrats not buying that bullshit for a second and instead coming out in droves to defend Comey clearly caught them off-guard. So they scrambled to invent new reasons to fire Comey (he was bad at his job, nobody at the FBI liked/respected him, etc).

Dalek

I just want to be put into crysoleep and have one of you wake me up when this all culminates. The waiting is torture.

Opto

Banned
It's kinda sad that the worst thing that can happen to him is him not being president anymore, and then him continueing to have the secret service follow him to golf courses for the rest of his life. No need to play fair in Monopoly if you can draw out-of-jail cards. The final form of the white collar criminal.

He's a fat sloth 70+ year old with a clearly deteriorating brain and a taste for fast food. I give him five years tops, the last two completely in bed while his brain melts away and his heart gives out

He's a fat sloth 70+ year old with a clearly deteriorating brain and a taste for fast food. I give him five years tops, the last two completely in bed while his brain melts away and his heart gives out

I'm convinced Trump is going to outlive all of us.

antonz

New York Southern District had a RICO case filed on April 17th. Same day as Virginia Eastern District had a case filed by the Government on unidentified targets. VED is officially confirmed as one of the 2 districts FBI is working with and NYSD has long been speculated as the other.

With all the motion towards RICO could end up being the case

Davide

New York Southern District had a RICO case filed on April 17th. Same day as Virginia Eastern District had a case filed by the Government on unidentified targets.
Virginia Eastern District is where Claude Taylor said many of the sealed indictments are, the others in New York.

Loxley

What is this?

Jester is a pretty well-known hacker and member of the intelligence community. He made a name for himself as a "vigilante hacker" by hacking and taking down jihadist websites. Not much is known about him other than he's American and a self-proclaimed conservative Republican with quite a bit of experience in intelligence (so likely former FBI/CIA). He despises Trump.

*edit AF1 = Air Force One, just got that XD Apparently Trump swapped out the crew?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man, this whole ordeal just seems to move exponentially faster, nothing is stopping this train baby!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What's there to stop Trump from just mass pardoning his entire campaign and family immediately? He would totally do it too. He doesn't give a fuck about justice and things like morals.

The Republicans would be fucked for a decade+. Not that Trump cares.

For all the Claude Taylor and Louise Mensch hate, they have seemingly nailed A LOT of this weeks or months in advance. It is playing out pretty much as they predicted.

Didn't Trump's father live to his 90s or something? We'll probably get that fair. Well, except for who knows what kind of diet his dad had. Trump's is just so awful.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
If all this could end up with Trump going to jail, it would heal last 6 months wounds, to some degree. US democracy is still dangerously bleeding.

Yes he apparently switched out the crew of Air Force One out of paranoia.
This twitter rumor is bullshit.
There is a guy spreading all kinds of wish fulfillment talk. Save your sanity.

And jester? He just looks around for tasty stuff and often copy pastes it without retweeting as though it's his own original source. He is repeating the af1 rumor as "RUMINT" lol.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Money laundering? Like that Trump property in Florida he sold to a Russian at a substantial loss?

If it's the one I'm thinking of he sold it at a massive profit despite buying it at the peak of the bubble and it rotting on the market for years.
Which says bribe, not money laundering.

Top Bottom