• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump offers China a trade deal for solving the North Korea problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

Isn't this exactly why China has had NK limping at its doorstep for decades? To indirectly threaten the US and force it to deal with China over NK?

Isn't this exactly why China has had NK limping at its doorstep for decades? To indirectly threaten the US and force it to deal with China over NK?
Eh not really. It's more the reason nobody has dealt with them in decades.

Nobody wants to shoulder the bill.

Mugsy

Also to serve as a buffer state between themselves and US influenced South Korea. It is less useful as a buffer state these days since it is not like we are invading China anytime soon. But by now if NK did collapse China would end up with a large number of refugees and myriad other problems.

Condom

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...n-exchange-for-help-on-north-korea-1492027556

NvgaH7b.png

This guy, he's just a random dude from the street who has to get told stuff that he should have had already known before getting the job. lmao

Tamanon

Banned
It must be so weird to be a foreign leader dealing with Trump. On one hand, he's easily manipulated because he's a moron. On the other hand, you can't really trust him to keep doing what he says, because who knows what the next guy to talk to him will get him to do.

Must be frustrating.

darscot

The whole trade deficit is a made up bit of "Trump Speak", it means nothing. Trump just spouted nonsense like it was some type of debt China owed. Offering to allow China to continue this bit of make believe in exchange for something is laughable. It would take a great deal of effort to not laugh in his face.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So what the fuck does "solving the NK problem" even mean? Bomb them? Invade them? Ask them nicely to please stop being an autocratic dictatorship run by a madman?

Fantastapotamus

Everytime someone wants to argue Trump is actually smart and playing some 50D chess they should first read over one of his statements.

Because jfc does he sound dumb.

This is also the interview where he said he fired those 59 missiles at the Iraq.
He probably thinks Syria is a city there or something.

Slime

Banned
If anything good comes of Trump's presidency, his failures will hopefully demonstrate to armchair politicians why things aren't just done in the most heavy-handed, unsubtle ways possible.

China is never going to let a reunified Korea happen. At best it'd be NK under new leadership, not NK rejoining SK
Depends. If reunification means the US completely withdraws its forces from the Korean Peninsula, then its possible.

There is an increasingly large anti-US military and nationalistic movement within SK and especially with the younger people, so it maybe in China's interests to keep promoting that and have a unified Korea that's less US-friendly and more China-friendly without the headache of a rogue nuclear state at their borders.

Fantastapotamus

China is never going to let a reunified Korea happen. At best it'd be NK under new leadership, not NK rejoining SK

Does South Korea even want this? They would take in a rural, destroyed and completely impoverished country with millions of people who would probably move south the second they get the chance to. I haven't read up on this, I have no idea if they actually want that.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

Fantastapotamus

This. Fucking. Guy.

You know what Mr. right wing middle America? I DO want a college-educated "elitist" to lead this country. I want someone who knows what the fuck is going on in the world. Someone who understands history and politics.

"An everyman", "a businessman". Fuck these people, they aren't qualified for the job.

You don't even need to be college-educated to realize that the whole North Korea thing might be a teeny-tiny bit more complicated.

Zolo

If anything good comes of Trump's presidency, his failures will hopefully demonstrate to armchair politicians why things aren't just done in the most heavy-handed, unsubtle ways possible.

Also should hopefully help to show people how important mid-term elections are (along with others).

Fantastapotamus

This sounds scary.
"Let me tell you about the history of korea. Did you know koreans are chinese decendents? Korea techically belongs to china."

Well don't worry. Somebody else just needs to tell him that Korea actually belongs to Zimbabwe or something.

How is someone this fucking stupid even moderately successful in life? I'm truly baffled.

I blame the banks for giving him a monthly allowance to continue promoting the Trump brand and not just letting it all collapse. But of course in their interest they chose to minimize their losses. They could have left that snake on the street with nothing, but now here we are.

LilZippa

Trump 2020 - "Nobody knew it was this hard"
What are the chances that is his notes he just leaves on the chair in the oval office at the end of his term and is never heard from again. You know how shitty you are when Bush keeps having more reasonable suggestions than you or most of your party.

Hastati

Life is not fair.

Life has been unfair for billions of years, and yet we have rarely seen a leader with so little intelligence and competence relative to the breadth of his or her power.

I doubt there's even a similar leader throughout the Milky Way. Donald Trump is a failure on an intergalactic scale.

UrokeJoe

Life has been unfair for billions of years, and yet we have rarely seen a leader with so little intelligence and competence relative to the breadth of his or her power.

I doubt there's even a similar leader throughout the Milky Way. Donald Trump is a failure on an intergalactic scale.

It's pretty freaking crazy! But here we are.

Majine

Banned
What are the chances that is his notes he just leaves on the chair in the oval office at the end of his term and is never heard from again. You know how shitty you are when Bush keeps having more reasonable suggestions than you or most of your party.
I look forward to never having to hear from him again.

Beartruck

You... You have experts for this, people who have dedicated their whole lives just to knowing about this shit.

Trump believes he is the best at everything, why should he need to consult with an "expert", what with their conflicting opinions and actual facts?

China is not going to wipe the ass for US. It's not like NK missiles will shot at the west ward direction anyway.

You want China to roll into NK? Sure give up Taiwan first.

Why do you say that?

Why wouldn't you say that?

Edit: nah I'm being cheeky, lets just say i doubt both NK's ability to not be crazy and Trump's ability to not be stupid, all involving people with explosives aimed at each other.

Main saving grace is Trump's incompetence and whether NK actually wants to keep living in its current state

Why wouldn't you say that?

Edit: nah I'm being cheeky, lets just say i doubt both NK's ability to not be crazy and Trump's ability to not be stupid, all involving people with explosives aimed at each other.

Main saving grace is Trump's incompetence and whether NK actually wants to keep living in its current state

That seems fair.

Tevious

Concerning reunification, I really think there would need to be a two state solution for an amount of time before it can happen. If the DPRK ever falls and the ROK takes over, they should just install a government to work on rebuilding the country. They would need to maintain the border to not have a refugee crises. Once the north is ready or at least enough of a burden that the south can handle, then they could reunify.

reckless

Concerning reunification, I really think there would need to be a two state solution for an amount of time before it can happen. If the DPRK ever falls and the ROK takes over, they should just install a government to work on rebuilding the country. They would need to maintain the border to not have a refugee crises. Once the north is ready or at least enough of a burden that the south can handle, then they could reunify.

Hell East Germany still has problems and that's nothing compared to SK/NK, how long would NK be a burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom