• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump on trade: "The Germans are bad, very bad"

(on top of that, I believe most if not all German cars sold in the US are assembled here so he would also be destroying thousands of US jobs)

Not entirely, but it is a large percentage. BMW and MB build many of their SUVs here because we're their largest consumer, and VW builds the Passat and now the Atlas in Tennessee. Most other sedans/coupes/etc. from BMW, Audi and MB are mostly built in Germany or elsewhere in Europe. The bread and butter VWs (Golf, GTI, Jetta) are all assembled in Mexico; Trump has already gone after Ford and GM for their production of small cars there.

Lautaro

Sure sure you'll stop german car sales just like you'll build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.

Good boy, go play golf now.

"The Germans are evil," Trump said, drawing concerned gasps from his Neo-Nazi voter base.

"They sell cars in America," he concluded, and everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

SpecX

Come on, at least post the real one:

giphy.gif

This never gets old.

Yes more outside interference in the US Government is exactly what is needed.

So progressive minded people have to continue to play by the rules while conservatives continue to use any and all advantages available to them (legal or illegal)?

Our only chance to win that game is if our intelligence services and federal law enforcement agencies act to preserve our sovereignty and the rule of law. We should find out soon enough how well that plays out.

Xando

Maybe I should leave town when G20 rolls around. Hamburg is going to be wild. Or I should participate. 🤔

Lol i actually think about going to the protest(Would be the first time i go to a protest) against Trump when G20 is on.

Virzeth

Just saw this on Twitter... He called the Saudis good, and we are bad? Cool Story, Donald!

They had a great meeting today at the Evangelischer Kirchentag. She would be down for this :D

Probably the reason for his anger... Look at that crowd.

Mentioning Trump indirectly
Obama also highlighted the need for liberal democracy and diplomacy. Members of the audience held up signs that made it clear they would have preferred a third Obama term to Trump's current policies. While the former president did not refer to the current one directly, he said to the cheering crowd that "we can't isolate ourselves. We can't hide behind a wall."

http://www.dw.com/en/obama-speaks-at-landmark-berlin-christian-convention/g-38979943

ISee

Fathers Day is ending in germany, or as we call it:"´Let's pull wagons packed with beer and schnapps across the countryside and drink until we pass out day." But I'm actually not supposed to tell this secret to strangers, because the bavarians want to sell their oktoberfest as the most important booze fest to tourists.

In other words: Everybody is laughing at the orange monkey anyway, at least today. Prost

Realyn

Never been much of a CDU voter but I'm very happy with Merkel as our leader and she'll get my vote. It sounds weird or wrong, but I almost value her experience more than the entire program of the party she's representing in 2017. Weird times.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Never been a CDU voter but I'm very happy with Merkel as our leader and she'll get my vote. It sounds weird or wrong, but I almost value her experience more than the entire program of the party she's representing in 2017. Weird times.
Four years ago I would never had thought that I would be so happy that she is our chancellor.

iammeiam

Mr. Brexit doesn't even understand what they were actually brexiting from.

H o w is he this dumb. We've already heard Merkel had repeatedly explained how EU trade word. I wonder if he just assumes all the countries secretly do backdoor deals or something.

Never been much of a CDU voter but I'm very happy with Merkel as our leader and she'll get my vote. It sounds weird or wrong, but I almost value her experience more than the entire program of the party she's representing in 2017. Weird times.

It's so weird that I'm happy with her when her party is partner with the CSU and still is against same sex marriage.

She certainly does an excellent job as chancellor.

I'm face-palming for my entire country, especially the "how does trade form?" ignorance.

Yes, we realize everyday that we elected a vapid, emptyheaded celebrity
blowhard, and large swaths of the electorate truly believed he was an expert at such things because he spent decades scamming people in the US for failing business.

Now everyone in the world has to smile and nod like the other parents at a recital when one kid can't hit any notes. Smh

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm doing impressions of Alec Baldwin as Trump saying this stuff at work today. It's just so fun that I can't help it.

Maedre

Banned
Does he realize that he is the reason that the whole world is laughing about the USA? I mean even Kim Jong un seems to be more competent.

ISee

Vuze

Same, dislike a lot of the party positions but I think voting for an experienced leader is the sensible choice in times like these.

Keasar

The Philippines, great folk for having death squads running around and shooting anyone who maybe have taken any sort of drug.

The Germans, evil people for selling good cars. Grrrr.

What the fuck!? Can we just kick this asshole out of Europe now? I don't want him here. And I swear I will fucking go to Stockholm and march in the inevitable protests if he comes here to Sweden.

Guys the world has been laughing at America long before January 20th, 2017.

They're all just far more comfortable doing it to our face now.

Top Bottom