• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

I see Trump is using the Homer strategy.
58R8jUq.gif

RPGCrazied

It probably is Jared. Would explain why Trump is so cozy with Russia and is always defensive about it. And now firing Comey cause he was probably close to finding the truth and prosecuting Jared.

This is insane.

Once he's gone, we need to figure out how to get rid of Gorsuch and every appointment Red Don has made so far.

There is no legal process to forcefully unseat a supreme court nominee. We'd need to pass a constitutional amendment to take out appointments of impeached presidents and that's not happening

Only two killer stories breaking at once?

ltfDOwE.jpg

Seems like they're intentionally rationing them, probably because they know the American populace has the attention span of a chihuahua on meth, so they need to hit the prime time news on every nightly rotation from now until the public is fully committed to the impeachment proceedings.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It probably is Jared. Would explain why Trump is so cozy with Russia and is always defensive about it. And now firing Comey cause he was probably close to finding the truth and prosecuting Jared.

Article this week was saying Jared was pressuring Trump to fire Comey.

So the conservative talking point seems to be that the media never covered any of Obama's controversies or "scandals" despite there being a Wikipedia entry on the subject that lists 50+ and links to mainstream media coverage on said subjects.

LTWood12

The fact that Stephen Miller is writing the Islam speech; and THAT is the least interesting piece of Trump news today, is unreal.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
That's actually what I'm really curious about. What will Fox News say? Trump retires?

Or do they go full on traitor mode and say "Trump falsely imprisoned over being friends with our good Russian neighbors"

Like, how are we sure Fox News isn't compromised either?

im getting a little worried about trumps base tbh. not the general stupid republican that watches fox news, but the breitbart internet crowd. I know that that seth rich stuff was fed by bots and trolls, but I also personally know a guy that bought it all hook line and sinker and has been increasingly unhinged since the election.

He's also a parent and very proud gun enthusiast. I don't think these people are just going to roll over and watch "their guy" get taken out by the "deep state"

Nobility

Banned
This week has been LIFE.

I don't think we've ever seen a week of escalating news like this in American political history.

As terrified as I am, this has been my primary information and entertainment device for prime time viewing.

Please continue.

straight up I think the Person of Interest is Kushner.

He encouraged Trump to fire Comey.

It probably is, but honestly it would be even better if it were Reince Preibus because that would mean that Russians were colluding with not just Trump's campaign but the RNC as well.

Boylamite

Seems like they're intentionally rationing them, probably because they know the American populace has the attention span of a chihuahua on meth, so they need to hit the prime time news on every nightly rotation from now until the public is fully committed to the impeachment proceedings.
Yuo. This is a campaign to prep the population for the inevitable downfall.

Kusagari

Jared, and by extension Ivanka, being the main link in this entire thing would make so much sense.

Would completely explain why Trump is so die hard on this subject.

Wouldnt it be funny if the leakers were the Russians!

It wouldn't be too far-fetched considering Russia is trying to destabilise the U.S and its relationship with allies and other countries.

Russians use their own controlled sources that leak it to the media, the media runs with it.

The Russians did this with Russian hackers connected to the Kremlin to release doping information on U.S athletes that the media ran with.

https://arstechnica.com/security/20...of-us-gold-medalists-data-on-russian-hackers/

"In political jargon, a useful idiot is a person perceived as a propagandist for a cause whose goals of which they are not fully aware, and who is used cynically by the leaders of the cause.".

Dr.Acula

Banned
How is this not straight up obstruction of justice?

I'm just waiting for somebody to tell me that it isn't and it's within his right as president, and that nothing will come of it.

Think of it more like, "shooting oneself in the foot is within one's rights as a gun owner."

TVexperto

I already thought the election was crazy, every day insane news about trump and hillary. i didnt think it could get more crazy (as a european we dont have politicans like that)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Dishonest media not reporting he said "nut job" - this is "bugs" all over again; also he was joking and it never happened

Mortemis

Banned
Dude was an adult when Watergate happened, yet he still fired Comey thinking it was the greatest idea in the world. How broken is his brain?

You think he actually paid attention to the news back then?

He probably can't even name a special prosecutor/attorney general that was fired.

RPGCrazied

I just find it hilarious Trump is out of the country while his White House is on fire, and leaks continue to damage him in serious ways. Maybe he will just fly to Russia and seek asylum and not return.

im getting a little worried about trumps base tbh. not the general stupid republican that watches fox news, but the breitbart internet crowd. I know that that seth rich stuff was fed by bots and trolls, but I also personally know a guy that bought it all hook line and sinker and has been increasingly unhinged since the election.

He's also a parent and very proud gun enthusiast. I don't think these people are just going to roll over and watch "their guy" get taken out by the "deep state"

Good luck to your pal and whatever group arises in this theoretical situation when they are faced with the National Guard or the actual Army.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Lead story right now

CNN: Trump and Russians
MSNBC: Trump and Russians
Fox News: Dam repairs

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/865650804937572354

Jesus Christ it's so blatant that they don't even pretend to not have a specific agenda. I would feel sorry for dedicated Fox News viewers but they are pieces of shit so they deserve to be blindsided when their Clown in Chief is booted out of the clown car.

Its going to be sooooo great watching the absolutely evil GOP burn to the ground. Let's take bets to make things more interesting.

Over/under on there being 10 elected officials from the GOP that have taken illegal campaign funds from foreign adversaries ?

I'm going with the over!

ps. I am not getting tired of all this winning!

Top Bottom