• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump victim: Alicia Machado "Ms. Housekeeping"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thought this deserved its own thread since I assume not many people might know who Alicia Machado is.

For people who missed the debate, Hillary Clinton brought up Trump's treatment of women by bringing up the story of 1996's Miss Universe winner Alicia Machado, a Latina who Trump called "Ms. Piggy" and "Ms. Housekeeping".

Debate transcript said:
Clinton: He tried to switch from look to stamina. But this is a man who has called women pigs, slobs, and dogs. And someone who has said pregnancy is an inconvenience to employers—

Trump: I never said ...

Clinton: Who have said women don't deserve equal pay unless they do as good of a job as men. And one of the worst things he said was about a woman in a beauty contest—he loves beauty contests, supporting them and hanging around them—and he called this woman ‘Miss Piggy.’ Then he called her ‘Miss Housekeeping’ because she was Latina. Donald, she has a name. Her name—

Trump: Where did you find this? Where did you find this? Where did you find this?

Clinton: is Alicia Machado. And she has become a U.S. citizen.

Trump: Oh really?

Clinton: And you can bet she's going to vote this November.

Shortly after the debate the Clinton camp posted this video of Machado sharing her story of how Trump treated her during her reign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZM58O_gBo

Slayven

The video of him bringing in reporters to watch her work out was horrifying. Trump and people who support him are inhuman pieces of shit

Unfortunately, there's nothing on record of Trump saying this, so it's easy for him to deny (though, honestly, he'd deny even if it was on tape lol), but this exchange really highlights how much of a pro Clinton is, man. She didn't stop just because Trump interrupted her, she didn't take his bait of asking 'who, what, when', and most importantly, she talked around his interruptions to make sure her statement was understood and spoken in full.

master15

Unfortunately, there's nothing on record of Trump saying this, so it's easy for him to deny (though, honestly, he'd deny even if it was on tape lol), but this exchange really highlights how much of a pro Clinton is, man. She didn't stop just because Trump interrupted her, she didn't take his bait of asking 'who, what, when', and most importantly, she talked around his interruptions to make sure her statement was understood and spoken in full.

Um...there is tape of it buddy.

Did you watch the video? He complains about her putting on weight, then calls in a bunch of reporters to watch her work out.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

I think if you are around shitty people enough, hearing someone say on video, "this is a woman who likes to eat." is enogh to assume he would say shittier stuff while not being filmed.

I have no problem believing her. Plenty of people are like him.

I remember this. The circus Trump made out of Machado gaining weight was extremely disgusting. And just as today, the media was extremely pleased to play second hand with Trump´s twisted ways. I am really glad this was brought up by Clinton during the debate.

Slayven

I think if you are around shitty people enough, hearing someone say on video, "this is a woman who likes to eat." is enogh to assume he would say shittier stuff while not being filmed.

I have no problem believing her. Plenty of people are like him.

Hell he has said worse things on video to Rosie O'Donnell and Megyn Kelly. I can't imagine what he says in private

Um...there is tape of it buddy.

Pretty sure he means there's no tape of him calling her Miss housekeeping and miss piggy.

But it's pretty obvious it's something he would say, as he is on record calling other women similar or worse.

And of course he is on tape doing all those other terrible things to her.

Pretty sure he means there's no tape of him calling her Miss housekeeping and miss piggy.

But it's pretty obvious it's something he would say, as he is on record calling other women similar or worse.

It's not a far leap to believe he did, yeah

Yeah, I clearly meant that, don't know how that was unclear in the least. I have no doubts he said those exact things, but there's not a record of Trump saying that so it's easy for him to deny (though he'd probably anyway). This video does the job of making it very believable, though, so it's good in that way.

Brannon

The difference was stark. During the debate he'd get a bit miffed and get back into it somewhat, but this bit shook him.

The difference was stark. During the debate he'd get a bit miffed and get back into it somewhat, but this bit shook him.

Yeah, you could tell that took him totally off guard. Everything else you could see he either expected or wasn't really surprised by (though I think the stamina zinger took him by surprise), but this, you could just tell in his response and demeanor that he didn't see it coming. It almost makes me wonder if there's a lot more to that story that makes Trump nervous, but I'm probably looking too much into it.

Well more damning is that all night he butted in and said wrong on all these things but he got blindsided by this and didn't deny it at all. Instead he just questioned how she got a hold of this.

that was a great moment in the debate. clinton caught trump so wrongfooted, he was completely unprepared for this. and clearly she had it locked and loaded. clinton already had most women, but this may move the needle there, and i think its also a pretty strong call for higher turnout from the latin population.

nicanica

So my family thinks that he's in his right to control her image since she is carrying and advertising his brand. From a business perspective, thoughts?

I can't believe there are women who are actually voting for this thug.
If you watch the triumph videos where he meets women trump supporters they literally say the same bullshit men whisper of "a woman president would have her period and just release a nuclear strike". But they say it loud and proud.

So my family thinks that he's in his right to control her image since she is carrying and advertising his brand. From a business perspective, thoughts?

If he has a contract with her that she must meet X, Y, Z "standards" then sure. There are legitimate ways to go about that. Humiliating her by inviting reporters to come watch her work out where you say that she's ballooned from 117 to 150-160 though... I don't see how ANYONE can be alright with someone doing that to their mother/daughter/sister. It's disgusting.

Gattsu25

Banned
The workout clip was the stuff of nightmares. What the fuck is wrong with this man?

Why would anyone ever think that was okay?

Pau

I can't believe there are women who are actually voting for this thug.
Don't underestimate the power of internalized sexism.

I think she's letting him off easy in that video. I think he understands the damage he does to other people. He just doesn't care.

Joni

Well more damning is that all night he butted in and said wrong on all these things but he got blindsided by this and didn't deny it at all. Instead he just questioned how she got a hold of this.
That sounds like someone who knows he has done horrible stuff which isn't out there yet, and is now fearing Clinton got a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom