• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUTHFACT: MS having eSRAM yield problems on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

Delay and miss this black friday and christmas is not an option, its not an option for MS.

The most they can do is release the system in US and delay in EU and JP, but if MS wants to be the most selling console of the new generation, they cant give 1 holiday season of advantage to Sony (and what nintendo can do)

If downclocking the GPU can be the real answer to solve those problems, be sure as fuck that MS will downclock the GPU and launch the system this year.

kitch9

Banned
Things just seem to keep getting worse for the Xbox one. People will still buy it though.

Can someone explain to me why Crazy Buttocks seems unable to spell anything correctly most of the time? It's a bit difficult to figure out what he is saying at times. Not sure if there is a reason for it.

Confused search engines.

The Xbone feels like the most natural name for the console. I don't think of it as derogatory, and I do think it's lame when people are like "lol you got xboned." It's just the term that flows most naturally.

Gestault

Sure you did. That's why 21 hours ago you were still calling it "the One". And I don't know if you are in the position to say what's better or worse, if I want to call it the "XboX oNe" who can stop me? I know you are extremely worry with people ignoring Microsoft guidelines, since you want the "o" to be capitalized but since I don't work for Microsoft I don't have to meet those guidelines, right?

But it sounds weird that you complain that people call it "Xbone" while calling the same piece of plastic "the One".

Surely, if someone chooses not to use derisive shorthand, it means they're a corporate shill, or simply worthy of mockery themselves. Why are you so upset if someone calls it the X1, XBO, One or the XB1? Those are all shorter than writing out "Xbone," and people know what you're talking about.

Let's be honest, Xbone on its own isn't bad, but the way people use it (or criticize people who don't) is along the same lines as writing "$ony" or "M$" or decrying "sheeple." It just comes off as petty and desperate.

BigDug13

Surely, if someone chooses not to use derisive shorthand, it means they're a corporate shill, or simply worthy of mockery themselves. Why are you so upset if someone calls it the X1, XBO, One or the XB1? Those are all shorter than writing out "Xbone," and people know what you're talking about.

Let's be honest, Xbone on its own isn't bad, but the way people use it (or criticize people who don't) is along the same lines as writing "$ony" or "M$" or decrying "sheeple." It just comes off as petty and desperate.

You're right. Nobody needs to be petty and desperate when describing the X1. Microsoft seems to be handling that just fine on their own.

I think it will be a success as well, until all those buyers attempt to trade in their games, let a friend borrow a game, or attempt to take their system offline. Then the returns will start flooding into Best Buy and Walmart.

Surely, if someone chooses not to use derisive shorthand, it means they're a corporate shill, or simply worthy of mockery themselves. Why are you so upset if someone calls it the X1, XBO, One or the XB1? Those are all shorter than writing out "Xbone," and people know what you're talking about..
They're absolutely easier to write, but I feel like Xbone is easier to *say*. Calling it the "One" is silly because nobody would know what you're talking about, just like if you called it the "Box."

I had a friend in high school that wanted a nickname for some reason. (hey we were dumb HS guys nothing can be explained) He kept trying to come up with cool nicknames but we would never use it because it has to come naturally. Eventually I just said "take it easy on the nicknames PeeWee" And then he said the worst possible thing "Dont ever call me that again"

His nickname for PeeWee has been stuck with him for 13 years.

The point of the story is that the more everyone protests the name the more likely it will be to stick.

Having said that, I like the XBone name. Its kinda funny.

Who coined it? Its quite historical.

EDIT: Cmon guys, who the hell came up with "Xbone"? :)

PhatSaqs

Banned
The Xbone feels like the most natural name for the console. I don't think of it as derogatory, and I do think it's lame when people are like "lol you got xboned." It's just the term that flows most naturally.
It probably wouldnt look as juvenile (at least to me) if peeps would capitalize it accordingly. XBOne / XB1 makes the most sense. Hardly anyone types Ps4 or Psfour... But whatever lol

kick51

Banned
Considering major portions of the game content of Retro City Rampage is largely based on direct criticism of Microsoft and personal attacks on the staff of Microsoft, I don't know that he's the most measured critic of the company. It should be clear that he had potent existing views on the company. I might argue potent to a fault. The "new" developments are exact mirrors of his previous views, so I do question whether he's formulating so much as justifying after-the-fact.

wait wait wait...you mean there was a subtle layer of references that I totally missed in that game? gg provinciano, gg

rothbart

I don't like the name Xbone because it sounds like douchebag shit.

That exactly why I do like it. I think "Xbox One" is, to use a term you've used, a "douchebag shit" name and I feel the "Xbone" nickname is befitting and any head shaking or mocking of the name slips right on past me and heads north to Redmond, Washington as far as I'm concerned. :D

Every single person who is in every single thread hating on the Xbox One will buy it eventually if it has a games that they would really like to play. TRUTHFACT

Who coined it? Its quite historical.

EDIT: Cmon guys, who the hell came up with "Xbone"? :)

Xbone? It spawned spontaneously here on NeoGAF and at several other online communities immediately following the reveal.

I used it in a post here moments after the reveal without having seen it anywhere else. So I "came up with it" on my own, at the same time several others did.

This thread doesn't make sense to me...anyone with this sort of info would either have to have one of these sort of jobs:
http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go...rmation-and-Services-and-Finance-Jobs/194583/
...where you usually aren't typing in broken English on NeoGAF during your lunch break (trust me I have met people who work in this division and they are normal adults)

...or, you work at one of the suppliers, and are Chinese or managing team of Chinese :p

Apparently this Crazy buttocks person is reliable enough for mods to not lock this thread, but this literally sounds like something that 99.9% of people who work on the core of the Xbox One team would know nothing about.

not this crap again...

Goldmund

Every single person who is in every single thread hating on the Xbox One will buy it eventually if it has a games that they would really like to play. TRUTHFACT
Allow me to quote you.

EDIT: I'm personally not yet precluding a purchase. I need to see the purported policies in action first.*

*Try to find more fancy sounding words starting with P.

Vinnk

I don't like the name Xbone because it sounds like douchebag shit. Bone*anything* sounds dumb to me, "Bone Dawg in the house!!" is the type of shit that I associate Xbone with. Having said that it doesn't bother me that it'll be the defacto name for the generation. I'll still use X1 because I'm lazy, same reason that I don't put a space in WiiU.

I hear you. But the people in brass band club with me still won't call my Tromb One by it's proper name.

Vinnk

I agree. In my case the games I want to play are used and don't have DRM. When the Xbox One gets them, I will buy it. TRUTHFACT

BigDug13

Lots of people will avoid this console because it's way less powerful but not less expensive. Offers draconian controls to shape your experience in specific ways. Is anti-military.

I don't care if Halo 5 is rated the game of the next generation, I'm not buying. After owning an Xbox and several 360's, I'm done. They're not even allowing anything I've bought to be playable next gen so they've got nothing to keep me loyal.

CariusD

If the original 10% GPU reservation for the system was used for things that have a generally fixed cost compared to games, wouldn't they need to reserve more GPU resources if they down clocked?

I haven't bought a great many consoles in my lifetime, even those that did have games I really wanted to play. What a silly comment, not to mention it really doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

Of course I will... If the Xbone drops used games DRM, mandatory internet, and mandatory Kinect. But this isn't what the thread is about?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This thread doesn't make sense to me...anyone with this sort of info would either have to have one of these sort of jobs:
http://www.microsoft-careers.com/go...rmation-and-Services-and-Finance-Jobs/194583/
...where you usually aren't typing in broken English on NeoGAF during your lunch break (trust me I have met people who work in this division and they are normal adults)

...or, you work at one of the suppliers, and are Chinese or managing team of Chinese :p

Apparently this Crazy buttocks person is reliable enough for mods to not lock this thread, but this literally sounds like something that 99.9% of people who work on the core of the Xbox One team would know nothing about.
You should take a look at his posting history. He knows a lot of privileged information.

spisho

Neo Member

Yeah, but they'll probably wait until later to pick one up on the cheap with a handful of used games...oh wait.

I came into this year quite sure that I was going to be buying both consoles at launch, like I did last gen. Right now, nothing short of a miraculous E3 and a considerably lower price point than expected will see me buying an Xbone any time soon.

Barring that, I'll get one maybe in a year or two after the price drops and their library of exclusives starts to round out. But based on what I know right now, the PS4 will be my day one purchase, and will be the main platform for me this generation. Ditto for the twenty or so regulars I play with- every last one of which was/is a dedicated 360 owner/player this gen.

GulAtiCa

I won't if it requires me to be connected every 24 hours. I'd rather not buy a system if it will be come a paperweight in a 5 to 10 years if they take the servers offline.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sure you did. That's why 21 hours ago you were still calling it "the One". And I don't know if you are in the position to say what's better or worse, if I want to call it the "XboX oNe" who can stop me? I know you are extremely worry with people ignoring Microsoft guidelines, since you want the "o" to be capitalized but since I don't work for Microsoft I don't have to meet those guidelines, right?

But it sounds weird that you complain that people call it "Xbone" while calling the same piece of plastic "the One".

Just for the record, I am still tempted to call it 720.

I love Monster Hunter quite a bit, but I did not pick up a Wii for Monster Hunter Tri, nor have I played TRI yet because I do not own a Wii/WiiU, TRUTHFACT. That line of thinking is not always the case.

King_Moc

Banned

Lol, what games? Another gears? Another Halo? Another Fable? Another Forza? All boring, sorry. The only thing i'd be interested in is the Respawn game and it's coming to PC.

Lol, what games? Another gears? Another Halo? Another Fable? Another Forza? All boring, sorry. The only thing i'd be interested in is the Respawn game and it's coming to PC.

I'm sure with a favorable price point and enough great games most gamers will forgive just about anything.

I don't like the direction the XBONE has taken, but with a similar lineup to the 360 I might buy one for exclusives at 200 or less. They're in a bad position but it's totally possible to recover.

Nintendo is in much worse shape with core gamers, even after all this disastrous PR

Demon Ice

Banned

This new wave of juniors is really something special.

Newsflash: I played every single Halo and Gears of War game that came out and I have absolutely 0 interest in picking up the XB1.

_Ryo_

No I wouldn't. Shenmue 3 could intrigue me, but still, I dunno. Same for the PS4 if policies/hardware are/were similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom