• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUTHFACT: MS having eSRAM yield problems on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artifex

Neo Member
CBOAT did not say anything specific about ESRAM- he/she/it referred to "technical tarbaby", which many people interpreted as related to ESRAM, or yields, or something.

ZPqBI7m.png

Do people really think they're going to admit to this on twitter?

Did you honestly expect an answer of "Yes we're a few months from launch and are having major issues with chip yields"

Anyone who thought that, contact me later I have some real estate for sale, cheap but amazing locations around the world.

Durante

Who is cboat and why do we trust him on this anyway? serious question.
He is a poster on this board, and we trust him because he is always right, even on things that seemed ridiculous at the time, and which no one should have any right to know. (e.g. the 360 DVD size limit of 6.8GB way before release, when people weren't even sure if it used DVD or HD-DVD)

Steroyd

They aren't good enough alternatives. Forza and Infamous are the only ones on that list that actually compete with/surpass their equivalents. Microsoft wins in every other case. Killzone in particular--that stuff's awful, as was Resistance (except 3, which was cool).

Then you'd be happy being Xbox 360 only and not be jelly of the PS3 exclusives, I just happen to be on the other side of that.

JABEE

He is a poster on this board, and we trust him because he is always right, even on things that seemed ridiculous at the time, and which no one should have any right to know. (e.g. the 360 DVD size limit of 6.8GB way before release, when people weren't even sure if it used DVD or HD-DVD)

From 2005

Xenon facts from the big hi roller game meets last week

-- ALL TITLES must be live aware
-- movie playback? WM9-based
-- built in mp3/wma player
-- 7gigbyte dvd with dual layers
-- xbox 2 hd is gonna be optional {uh oh}

this post is sponnsored by my buttocks n

cboat is GAFs legendary leaker. He/she/it is trusted because the leaks are always true.

Very credible insider, he actually gave us the respawn next gen exclusive that leaked today.

oh ok thanks. I guess Nelson is just pulling some PR bullshit to cover this up.

shink

Did you honestly expect an answer of "Yes we're a few months from launch and are having major issues with chip yields"

Anyone who thought that, contact me later I have some real estate for sale, cheap but amazing locations around the world.
Why respond to it at all then? It all seems odd to me

kingocfs

The surprise is in the fact that he responded at all. Again, a rumor from a message board that no one other than hardcore nerds like us would even remotely know about. But not only that he responded, that he felt the need to deny it.

No, nobody is expecting him to confirm poor eSRAM yields on Twitter. Just sayin, it's weird.

Gorki247

He could have ignored it, or given the usual 'we do not comment on rumors and speculation' or some other vague comment. Instead he actually gave a clear answer for once.

Gestault

I notice that an unsubstantiated Gaf rumor (with as many "insiders" denying it as confirming it), followed by a formal retort from a Microsoft representative who would see a backlash if he openly lied about something, still has people insisting that its true. Not because of any evidence, but because it simply must be true.

Interesting.

And to reiterate: If they don't respond to a rumor, it's obviously true, even if we have inconsistent information on our end. And if they respond with a clear denial, it must still be true, because "this company would never make an accurate statement." There's something in the air right now, and I don't like the smell of it.

Maztorre

See as he is a Microsoft employee that would actually know something like this... I'm going to take his side yes.

You're right, Microsoft PR would definitely be forthcoming with confirmation of manufacturing problems with their new console which they are releasing in a matter of months. On the back of weeks of negative PR about said console. Days ahead of E3.

Leezard

Of course Major Nelson might lie. He's a PR spokesperson and in the interview canceling thread he was the one talking rescheduling while the MCV people received contradictory information a week earlier.

I notice that an unsubstantiated Gaf rumor (with as many "insiders" denying it as confirming it), followed by a formal retort from a Microsoft representative who would see a backlash if he openly lied about something, still has people insisting that its true. Not because of any evidence, but because it simply must be true.

Interesting.
Insiders denied it?

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member

Interesting.

Such as?

evolution

Interesting.

Your seeing people believe Cboat over a pr mouthpiece, thats all.

Interesting.

A few months ago, a Microsoft employee who told the truth about their online DRM was fired for it. Food for thought.

Rapstah

Major Nelson doesn't know what the rumour is. Of course he's going to deny someone asking him if this thing he heard on GAF is true if he doesn't know what the thing is.

DEADEVIL

The surprise is in the fact that he responded at all. Again, a rumor from a message board that no one other than hardcore nerds like us would even remotely know about. But not only that he responded, that he felt the need to deny it.

No, nobody is expecting him to confirm poor eSRAM yields on Twitter. Just sayin, it's weird.

Cmon man. Let's not pretend GAF is just a lil ol' message board at this point. Too many of these recent specials and news sites quoting GAF posts for MS and others to pretend they are not 'hearing' the scuttlebutt.

Pre-reveal MS got hammered for not speaking on anything, IMO I think it's time they utilize the same outlets like twitter that starts these rumors to squash them.

Ra1den

That's a logical fallacy for one and secondly they admitted to the problems of RROD and paid for them.

You are WRONG. Microsoft admitted it AFTER it was already widely known, and denying it would have been an obvious lie. Furthermore, that was something affecting users directly, not something "under the hood" which can remain out of sight. Your logic is so ass-backwards it is painful.

You can't compare something like that to this current issue.

Seriously, who the hell thinks he is going to come out and say "Yes, this is a problem, we messed up". There is no way in HELL he would say that.

coldfoot

Banned
1. He could be talking about the downclock rumor, which has not been confirmed by any insiders.
2. He could be doing the same thing MS did with RROD in the beginning, where they flat out denied it.

Interesting.

And to reiterate: If they don't respond to a rumor, it's obviously true, even if we have inconsistent information on our end. And if they respond with a clear denial, it must still be true, because "this company would never make an accurate statement." There's something in the air right now, and I don't like the smell of it.

Lets see a company with a PR track record of lying, or a poster who's been reliable so far.

It's not hard to see why it "still has people insisting that its true"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom