• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Wasp14

I hate to say it because I've been a longtime member of tsilon, but it does seem to be fizzling out a bit. The updates and perks just aren't coming the way they used to and the misters have been noticeably absent. I still love what this site did though and hope it goes back to how it used to be.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I feel the same. I thinks it because of having way too many people now. I was member 132. Also one of the first to get the $99 PS3 Display which I still use daily.

Anyways, even if it was a good perk every two months I'd be happy.

I haven't really cared since reaching level 52 though.

chicoquente

Neo Member
I am pretty much in the same boat as the last 2 posters. I've hardly gained any XP in the last few months. I have only answered dailies that were posted here and have not touched the challenges. I couldn't even be bothered to do challenges for games I own unless I was already done the challenge, or in the process of playing at the time of the challenge.

I too hope it returns to it's good form but am losing hope. I find slowly I am checking the site less and less. It was great while it lasted though. I really enjoyed the live events I was able to make it out to as well as some of the online events.

zroid

Banned
yup, I think they need to seriously start thinking about raising the minimum level for getting access to most of the perks. especially with invites going out, there are tons of new members popping up constantly and there's no way they can hope to get all the level 10s $20+ discount codes all the time.

requirement of having one challenge completed was a good start.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I think the $20 off discounts should increase with the number of new members. Level 10 should get $10 off while level 20 and up should get $20 off. Increase the challenges associated with those levels too. I'd post there but their website is awful on my Nexus 4 with whatever browser I use... god forbid me trying on my LG Optimus One haha.

Wasp14

I think the $20 off discounts should increase with the number of new members. Level 10 should get $10 off while level 20 and up should get $20 off.

I agree. Right now there's little incentive for longtime members to continue completing challenges. I'm close to level 50 and haven't felt the need to really do anything for a long time now since most perks are level 10-20.

The Misters appear to be back now, but still no word on June perks. The Last of Us slide is still showing and the last update was for $20 off of Destiny.

Now that FS E3 offer is over, if they roll out some 20$ off perks it'll be valuable for anybody who didn't put all his preorders during E3! Also for whoever would change his mind and get Xbone after MS's 180 degree shift!

they finally updated the challenges. can anyone rate the difficulty for these?

WarFrame - Free to Play
Find, craft and wear an alternate helmet

Vindictus - Free to Play
Defeat a Giant Polar Bear, Constipated Older Brother, The Reaper, or Soldier Spider

Last Of Us - PS3
Unlock all the shiv doors

they finally updated the challenges. can anyone rate the difficulty for these?

WarFrame - Free to Play
Find, craft and wear an alternate helmet

Vindictus - Free to Play
Defeat a Giant Polar Bear, Constipated Older Brother, The Reaper, or Soldier Spider

Last Of Us - PS3
Unlock all the shiv doors

Vindictus should be easy. I'm updating my client tonight, and I'm willing to run people through to the giant polar bear if needed. Hopefully my character is intact lol.

Looking to do warframe as well, anyone got any feedback on that one?

Vindictus should be easy. I'm updating my client tonight, and I'm willing to run people through to the giant polar bear if needed. Hopefully my character is intact lol.

Looking to do warframe as well, anyone got any feedback on that one?

Warframe wiki:

Helmets can be bought for 75 platinum(microtransaction currency) in the 'Equipment' section of the Market. Additionally, their blueprints can be found randomly from alert missions with "?" rewards.

Alert missions are temporary missions that appear randomly next to any other mission that a player has previously unlocked

EGM92

The chances of getting enough materials farmed and having a blueprint dropped during a weeks time for a helmet is going to be pretty damn hard.

The chances of getting enough materials farmed and having a blueprint dropped during a weeks time for a helmet is going to be pretty damn hard.

Pretty much, unless the drop is semi-common. Which is part of the reason why I'm asking. If it's not that hard to do within a couple/three days then I'd be up for trying. But at this point, I'll most likely just be doing the vindictus one.

EGM92

Pretty much, unless the drop is semi-common. Which is part of the reason why I'm asking. If it's not that hard to do within a couple/three days then I'd be up for trying. But at this point, I'll most likely just be doing the vindictus one.

You'll have a higher chance of getting it to drop at higher levels, 30-40 level range drops a lot of blue prints. I'm level 22 and got a bunch, but the problem is getting the material to craft even just a basic weapon/item takes hell of a lot of farming, then there's the 12-24hrs of crafting time it takes if you're not dropping platinum into it to speed it up.

The vindictus challenged challenge I'd like to do, but I've never played the game before, I have it fully downloaded, just need to create an account. Is it something that'll take hours to get to?

You'll have a higher chance of getting it to drop at higher levels, 30-40 level range drops a lot of blue prints. I'm level 22 and got a bunch, but the problem is getting the material to craft even just a basic weapon/item takes hell of a lot of farming, then there's the 12-24hrs of crafting time it takes if you're not dropping platinum into it to speed it up.

The vindictus challenged challenge I'd like to do, but I've never played the game before, I have it fully downloaded, just need to create an account. Is it something that'll take hours to get to?

If you are looking for the polar bear challenge then we can get that done in a day or two, I'm sure. I can power you through it. I don't think it will take long at all.

So the warframe one is not worth trying for? The Vindictus one I plan to do tomorrow night.

EGM92

If you are looking for the polar bear challenge then we can get that done in a day or two, I'm sure. I can power you through it. I don't think it will take long at all.

So the warframe one is not worth trying for? The Vindictus one I plan to do tomorrow night.

Warframe isn't worth it, first you have to pray that you get a drop of a helmet blueprint, then you'll have to farm whatever materials it requires, normally it's 1 thats easily found and 2 that are much harder to come by and are unique to certain planets. For exampel one of the helmets I have a blueprint for requires an item that's only found in a level 50 zone. I'm level 29. if I step foot in that level alone I'll get ripped apart right from the start and I've got a pretty beefed up warframe.

As for the Vindictus challenge, not sure if I want to do it now, 1-2days? that's too much time to invest in something I'll probably never play again. I'm planning on doing the last of us challenge on my second playthrough. That'll take at least 10hrs to do.

Warframe isn't worth it, first you have to pray that you get a drop of a helmet blueprint, then you'll have to farm whatever materials it requires, normally it's 1 thats easily found and 2 that are much harder to come by and are unique to certain planets. For exampel one of the helmets I have a blueprint for requires an item that's only found in a level 50 zone. I'm level 29. if I step foot in that level alone I'll get ripped apart right from the start and I've got a pretty beefed up warframe.

As for the Vindictus challenge, not sure if I want to do it now, 1-2days? that's too much time to invest in something I'll probably never play again. I'm planning on doing the last of us challenge on my second playthrough. That'll take at least 10hrs to do.

I say 1-2 days as a conservative estimate lol...I could probably get you through in 2-3 hours if we're lucky I think. It really shouldn't take very long. Of course, if you only have 1 hour a day to play, then it will take 2 days anyways. =P

Thanks for the warframe info though, saves me some time and grief.

Cyborg771

Neo Member
Hey, so I'm new to the site and I'm trying to submit a challenge. It says to pose a photo of the achievement with my g-list name and ID. Is the ID that alphanumeric string next to my name in the top left corner of the g-list site? Just wanna make sure before I submit. Thanks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, so I'm new to the site and I'm trying to submit a challenge. It says to pose a photo of the achievement with my g-list name and ID. Is the ID that alphanumeric string next to my name in the top left corner of the g-list site? Just wanna make sure before I submit. Thanks.
Yeah, it is.

kookoo89

Neo Member
I find it weird that there is 0 communication from the misters at all on the forums anymore, but they post daily on facebook. Are they trying to move away from perks or has futureshop soured on the concept since it's become hoarde and stack central?

Raimond

I find it weird that there is 0 communication from the misters at all on the forums anymore, but they post daily on facebook. Are they trying to move away from perks or has futureshop soured on the concept since it's become hoarde and stack central?

I hope its not the latter... or the former either. Who knows what's up.

Cyborg771

Neo Member
What the heck is today's daily supposed to be. It kind of reminds me of the sounds Link makes while rolling in Ocarina of Time but I don't know what to put for the answer.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Daily:
Georgia

Though I don't know if it's even worth it anymore. tsilon has been dead for a bit.

I just do it out of habit now. Their total lack of communication in the forums or news is a bit distressing. :/

frequency

I always wondered what was FS getting out of that deal.

Well before Tsilon I would have never ever considered FS for anything. People have been telling me for years FS is terrible. But thanks to Tsilon I now regularly check FS for games and electronics.

2 years ago I would say Amazon was my main online retailer. I would have like 25 active pre-orders with them at any one time. I even have a Amazon Visa. Now I've basically abandoned Amazon for all but the most niche of things or there is some sale there or something. The only active order I have with them now is this.

EB/FS are basically the only places I look for games. Both online and locally. So I would say FS got a lot out of this... assuming I'm not a unique case.

The local FS is dark and looks dirty and shady. But I still go because it's what I know thanks to Tsilon.

Edit: I guess I also look at Best Buy. But it's like right next door to FS and is really the same company so...

Wasp14

The worst part about this is that the Misters have been so silent. One of the many great things about the site was the clear communication they provided. I really hope we get some kind of news on what's happening with the future of the site. It's so strange that they promised a new perk every week or so with Destiny and then have disappeared since.

Top Bottom