• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

I JUST GOT THE EMAIL, ALL INFORMATION IS HERE FOR THESE QUESTIONS:

THIS PERK IS ONLINE DELIVERY ONLY, NOT IN STORE PICKUP OR IN STORE PURCHASE!! Please use the code by March 19th at 11:50pm PST!

Your code request has been honoured. Your unique ONE TIME USE code is

[INSERT CODE HERE]

Use it in the payment section before completing your order. Your price should be $0. Code is usable on pre-orders and special editions, however will act as a $60 discount when applied to greater priced titles.

Exeunt

It looks like I was able to squeeze in here at number 400; thanks to all the Canadian GAFers who posted about this website and made me aware of the free game potential! I actually had a lot of fun trying to gain access to the website and ascend to level 18 before the perk deadline, and I'm looking forward to any further promotions the site has! I think whoever is behind the site came up with a great way to engage gamers through both the process and the rewards (now they just need to learn the difference between "it's" and "its").

TETRIS WAS NOT EASY!

You can definitely put me in the "Tetris challenge was hard" camp. I didn't have any challenges completed as of the 6th, so I figured Tetris would be my best bet—having (somehow) never played the game before. I ended up seeing faint outlines of Tetriminos after gruelling sessions of Tetris 1989 that eventually led to 70 and eventually 93 lines cleared before I panicked and let all the blocks pile up as they flew down from the top. Once I got less hung up on keeping the bottom row completely clear of blocks I was able to plan ahead more effectively and I eventually cleared 116 lines on February 7th.

Now, I don't know how many of you played on Tetris Friends, but basically once your game is over, you are taken to a screen that displays your percentile rank (as I recall) but doesn't have any score information on it (if you try to play again, you will be confronted by interactive dishwasher detergent ads—because obviously the best place to advertise such a product is a Tetris site). When I saw this screen after letting the fatal blocks fall, my heart sank faster than a level 11 L‑block as I kicked myself for not taking a screenshot immediately after I reached 101 lines cleared with plenty of blank playing space available. Fortunately, a couple of seconds after that I found the tab that displays your score and statistics for your play session and left it open for the three or so hours that it took for my submission to go through. Given that I submitted an image that had to be manually reviewed at a time when the site was probably still being hammered, I am quite happy with the service I received.

This has been quite the experience for a free video game, that's for sure!

whitehawk

Banned
Well, I just did the tetris challenge finally. And just in time
KuGsj.gif

Aww yeah

1QJWZ.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I JUST GOT THE EMAIL, ALL INFORMATION IS HERE FOR THESE QUESTIONS:
This + the list should be added to OP.

Congrats, let us know how it goes! What's FS's regular shipping like, btw? I've only ordered a handful of things from them and can't seem to remember.

Jagxyz

Congrats, let us know how it goes! What's FS's regular shipping like, btw? I've only ordered a handful of things from them and can't seem to remember.

Very fast. Free shipping -> ordered on monday night, got my item wednesday morning

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

They are generally fairly speedy. Usually get them within a week of release date. Though there are hiccups.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
YAY!! #246!

About these perks. Are you limited as to how many you can claim/attempt to claim? for example if you got the 3DS perk are you still eligible for the free game perk?
Winning the 3DS coupon had no bearing on eligibility for the free game, I won both. They did say that people who won a free game this time would not be eligible for the next free game however. They may have also said we wouldn't be eligible for another free game this year but I'm not completely sure and I don't want to go looking for where it was posted.

#335, sweet. :)

The Tetris challenge was actually a lot easier than I thought. I swear I thought it was 200 lines so it took me a couple of days to get, played on the iPhone version's marathon mode.
When I submitted my screen and saw that it was only 100, it was a bit funny since I tried so hard to get 200.

How can a website be this good? There must be a catch, something that will fuck it all up in the future.

I'm sure there are some major people behind this, especially when it was shown at that canadian award show (which is how the website was cryptically revealed i.e. thereisnolist.ca) but I stopped giving a damn. Now? It's too awesome to stay this awesome.

Lockerz used to be one of those sites that completely skyrockets and died in blaze.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Already awarded nine G-Listers with free advance screening tickets to see Act of Valor in Toronto!

Rundown of G-List winners (so far):
1. Rubedizzle
2. RiskyGambit
3. CPYR
4. AngelCharon
5. onslaught
6. sugo_tom
7. adjrod
8. Crazy Joe
9. triscal

I'm going to keep on giving as many perks to G-Listers as I can. Make it a site that keeps on giving, lol.

See you at the movies!

RS4-

Already awarded nine G-Listers with free advance screening tickets to see Act of Valor in Toronto!

I'm going to keep on giving as many perks to G-Listers as I can. Make it a site that keeps on giving, lol.

See you at the movies!

Ahh where was this giveaway, in the forums?

the3ye

so I was testing combining 2 games. get 2 for 40$ each, get 60$ off and pay remaining 20$....and all I got is 0 for every item in my cart. So just for my information I added 2 more games, to see what will happen. All of them were for free....and here is the bomb....instead of clicking cancel I clicked submit order....boomer....
AI is aware of that glitch, I cancelled it once FS updated my orders history....
but it looks like I lsot my code...well...my fault...

Haha there's a "glitch" where the code is applied to every game in your order, so theoretically you could get 10 games for free. Of course tsilonAI is aware of this and will cancel all orders that do this.

EDIT: see above post.

Smo21

so I was testing combining 2 games. get 2 for 40$ each, get 60$ off and pay remaining 20$....and all I got is 0 for every item in my cart. So just for my information I added 2 more games, to see what will happen. All of them were for free....
Interesting. So I can't do 2 3ds games thing has that's a glitch

the3ye

tsilonAI@tsilon.ca said:
Note for members wishing to use code on multiple titles as a $60 discount, glitch is to be fixed in morning time period. Update occurring once finalized.
well it will be possible later...
and I'm not sure what will happen to me. I can't re-use my code....

the3ye

looks like I will get my code back, but penalty may happen. -1 life or exclusion from March hardware perk....well that's the price of stupidity and blindness...

Games you preorder on regular shipping have always come to me one day after release. I live in Toronto if that matters. The one time I got it an extra day late they gave me a 10 buck credit so it's all good on my end.

Top Bottom