• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

jred2k

Ah yeah I'm in at 421. I wonder if the order has something to do with date of qualification or something. I just finished my third challenge this afternoon so I just got in under the wire it seems.

I've been getting a weird message when I sign in tonight, though. I've been trying to figure out what it means, but I'm not sure if it has any significance. It's in the bottom right corner of this image:
5I0rH.jpg

Does anybody know if I just got that because of the SWTOR challenge or is there something about it to be solved?

Spike

Does anybody know if I just got that because of the SWTOR challenge or is there something about it to be solved?

Yeah, it is for the SWTOR challenge. You get 500xp for your entry, and if you win the contest, you will get another 1000xp.

New Challenges are up!

Get 20 wins online in Soul Calibur V and get Frog, Tanooki and Hammersuit in one bar in Super Mario Bros 3(pretty cool challenge haha).

If anyone is interested in getting the 20 wins online Trophy in Soul Calibur V PS3 version, send me a private message. I'd like to do it just playing around but I am very busy these days. If you want it too, we can probably manage something!

New Challenges are up!

Get 20 wins online in Soul Calibur V and get Frog, Tanooki and Hammersuit in one bar in Sumer Mario Bros 3(pretty cool challenge haha).

If anyone is interested in getting the 20 wins online Trophy in Soul Calibur V PS3 version, send me a private message. I'd like to do it just playing around but I am very busy these days. If you want it too, we can probably manage something!

Wow, I think I'm at 18 wins.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I cannot for the life of me figure out the green answer

AI QUERY ONE: A pillar for humanity far in the future, carrying the last hope for mankind against an alien threat.

AI QUERY TWO: The hope it carries, a beacon created by the doctor, library to all history's knowledge, bearing the construct female form.

Any tips? :/

Wow, I think I'm at 18 wins.

Nice! I wish I had time to practice a bit these days, my Soul Calibur skills are rusty, only had time to play around a bit with Viola. At least the trophy can be done in player match so maybe I'll find a friend to do it.

One sure thing, Tsilon keeps coming up with interesting challenges!

Kreven

My friend was having a hard time with it last night too until he noticed that there are more pages in grenaid. I think he had to enter "moore" (for Peter Moore).

timnich

What is everyone else getting for their free game? I'm having the hardest time deciding. Part of me wants to get a Vita game (already getting Uncharted for free and Wipeout for $25) but I'm also considering putting down a preorder for either Mass Effect 3 or Tales of Graces.

What is everyone else getting for their free game? I'm having the hardest time deciding. Part of me wants to get a Vita game (already getting Uncharted for free and Wipeout for $25) but I'm also considering putting down a preorder for either Mass Effect 3 or Tales of Graces.

If I can use the credit towards two games I might grab two more Vita games and just pay the difference.

Otherwise it will go towards one of these games on March 6th:

MLB: The Show (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
MLB: The Show (Vita) - I'll most likely pay for this one though.

March 6th is an expensive gaming day so this helps.

Big Chungus

Already preordered Mass Effect 3 and SSX for $39.99 each from that E3 Promo last year, would be a waste to use the coupon on one of those.

Maybe i'll grab Twisted Metal or Witcher 2.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If I can use the credit towards two games I might grab two more Vita games and just pay the difference.

Otherwise it will go towards one of these games on March 6th:

MLB: The Show (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
MLB: The Show (Vita) - I'll most likely pay for this one though.

March 6th is an expensive gaming day so this helps.
You can't, people who tried had their code voided and their order cancelled because there was a glitch that allowed that to happen (which should be fixed as of now according to thisAI).

I'll be using mine on Soul Calibur V. Considered AC: Revelations, but I'll wait for it to reach bomba boxing day prices again.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
So what do they mean by 'one bar' in SMB 3? Having a hard time understanding the challenge.

edit: do they mean your powerups inventory?

You can't, people who tried had their code voided and their order cancelled because there was a glitch that allowed that to happen (which should be fixed as of now according to thisAI).

I'll be using mine on Soul Calibur V. Considered AC: Revelations, but I'll wait for it to reach bomba boxing day prices again.

Yeah, I'm waiting for another person to confirm it is fixed before I go ahead.

New Challenges are up!

Get 20 wins online in Soul Calibur V and get Frog, Tanooki and Hammersuit in one bar in Super Mario Bros 3(pretty cool challenge haha).

The challenge says 20 wins on Xbox Live lol

Giard

Kinda sounds like something Halo-related. Pillar of Autumn?

Future Shop Support said:
Dear Gabriel,

Thank you for contacting Future Shop concerning pre-ordering Guild Wars 2. Unfortunately, we do not have a date as of yet.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.
:(

Kud Dukan

Gonna grab SSX with mine.

timnich

Just as a heads up in case someone didn't know. There is a glitch with the free code were if you place multiple items on order and use the code, all the games are marked as free. However, your order will be canceled and your code will be voided, so no free game.

Freaking sucks, I placed an order on multiple items, as I was purchasing a couple games for the Vita's launch. I noticed as I was confirming my order that all 3 games came out to be free, but I assumed that I would be charged as they shipped, I even put in my credit card number. Looks like I lost my free game. All that time spent on challenges and answering questions, wasted. Great.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

If it does indeed work with special editions, then definitely Mass Effect 3 Collector's edition. I really want that artbook.

Just as a heads up in case someone didn't know. There is a glitch with the free code were if you place multiple items on order and use the code, all the games are marked as free. However, your order will be canceled and your code will be voided, so no free game.

Freaking sucks, I placed an order on multiple items, as I was purchasing a couple games for the Vita's launch. I noticed as I was confirming my order that all 3 games came out to be free, but I assumed that I would be charged as they shipped, I even put in my credit card number. Looks like I lost my free game. All that time spent on challenges and answering questions, wasted. Great.

That sucks. Have you tried asking thisAI? It said that there were extra codes, maybe one could be spared for you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Post in the thread in the tsilon forums, and tell the AI you didn't know. The AI seemed like it might forgive people who didn't know, but you have to make it aware.

timnich

Thanks, I'll make sure to that. I'm trying to cancel the order, but I keep getting a message that my order can't be changed at this time. Hopefully the AI can figure this out.

TheExodu5

Banned
I guess Mass Effect 3 PC would make a decent game to order, since it's full priced, and I would normally hesitate to buy it day 1 since it's Origin only.

whitehawk

Banned

Try posting in the forums dude. I guarantee they will fix or give you a new code.

webrunner

I want to get in on this but it's proving to be difficult.. i have three of the six codes but i a) don't have modern warfare 3, b) don't know what to do on the mario one and c) the other one says it's not the right time.

The challenge says 20 wins on Xbox Live lol

Yea but it is the name of the achievement, might have been too long to write both name. The Trophy for PS3 is the same name but says Playstation Network. I would highly doubt that they would put a challenge exclusive to XBOX if it is doable on another console. However, I will confim with them before I do it.

Top Bottom