• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

My Bond order shows as being in progress although the item now shows as out of stock.. gotta love pre-ordering stuff from Future Shop.

I think there might be some weight to the conspiracy theory, the only things I've had trouble with from Future Shop were $20 off E3 pre-orders last year and almost every tsilon.ca pre-order.

Yup. I wonder if anything discounted is dumped to the bottom of their list.

Anyways, I bought the Bond set in store and I'll return the shipped one when it arrives using the store receipt. Great set. Love the quality of the two books that hold the movies. Bonus disc doesn't have much content though.

For what it's worth, I got my $20 off copy of Borderlands 2 on launch day despite a failed credit card charge the day before and then having to edit my credit card details that night (I put 2014 expire date so I could preorder a bunch of future games without realizing BL2 comes out this year).

Still waiting on my Steelbook though

Stat!

I have entered every single combination of this answer I can think of and I still can't get it. I can't be this wrong.

It's not
Majora's Mask
but I've tried the expanding the answer and can't get it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Thank you. I appreciate.

Anyone know when new tests (not the daily ones) get updated?
Short answer, never.

This thread was started in January and the site has the same tests since then. The only ones they've added was the Assassin's Creed ones.

Stat!

Short answer, never.

This thread was started in January and the site has the same tests since then. The only ones they've added was the Assassin's Creed ones.

Ack. Alright. So the only way to level up once completing those are the daily question and the Glist challenges?

iphys

Thank you. I appreciate.

Anyone know when new tests (not the daily ones) get updated?

When I ran out of trivia a couple months ago, I tried doing the submit question thing hoping they would add it and I could get the xp for it at least, but apparently not even writing the questions for them is enough to get them to add new ones.

iphys

It's been a while since FS/BB sent me anything in a box instead of a bubble envelope. They sent my LE Skyward Sword in a bubble envelope and the corners of the box got all dented in -- anyone buying one as a collectable would have been pissed.

Got my order. I was kinda surprised FS used a bubble envelope instead of putting it in a box but it wasn't damaged so I guess they didn't have to.

Mine was undamaged but also in a bubble envelope. Promptly returned it to a Future Shop store to refund my $197 from the one I bought on Tuesday. Everything worked out just fine.

Omzz

How long do invites usually take? I invited a friend to the site this morning. From what I've been reading on the forums though, seems like that they do take a while. What about you guys?

Fuzzy

How long do invites usually take? I invited a friend to the site this morning. From what I've been reading on the forums though, seems like that they do take a while. What about you guys?
First time I invited someone: August 21st
Date the email with the invite was sent: September 5th

:p
Second time I invited someone: September 13th
Date the email with the invite was sent: Not yet sent as far as I know

EGM92

Todays challenge is FTL Faster Than Light, it's completely based off random chance, it can take hundreds of attempts before you're able to make it to the 5th sector without attacking anything or not being destroyed in the process. I did it though, completely lucked out on my 40th try. I unlocked a new ship and just zoomed from one sector do another, luckily the last 2 I found 2 ships that let me see enemy locations. The game is completely unforgiving, you could randomly warp and have intruders inside your ship that'll wipe out your crew :\ Goodluck to everyone else.

zroid

Banned
haha whoever's in charge of checking challenge submissions is on the ball right now. I just had a photo submission approved within 20 seconds!

Fuzzy

haha whoever's in charge of checking challenge submissions is on the ball right now. I just had a photo submission approved within 20 seconds!
Me too. I'm guessing it was also the Scott Pilgrim one since I saw you playing it?

RS4-

Todays challenge is FTL Faster Than Light, it's completely based off random chance, it can take hundreds of attempts before you're able to make it to the 5th sector without attacking anything or not being destroyed in the process. I did it though, completely lucked out on my 40th try. I unlocked a new ship and just zoomed from one sector do another, luckily the last 2 I found 2 ships that let me see enemy locations. The game is completely unforgiving, you could randomly warp and have intruders inside your ship that'll wipe out your crew :\ Goodluck to everyone else.

lol got lucky and made it to sector 8 without any shots fired. Got both the Pacifist and Technophobia achievement.

Omzz

I have the mobile achievement for Happy Street.

How best would I submit it? Through picture? What do I take?

I just took a screenshot of the iPod Touch while I was in the mountain area. Opened the picture up on the computer, put my name on the iPod in Notes, took picture of both, got accepted.

Excessive lol, but yeah got the job done :p

Stat!

I just took a screenshot of the iPod Touch while I was in the mountain area. Opened the picture up on the computer, put my name on the iPod in Notes, took picture of both, got accepted.

Excessive lol, but yeah got the job done :p

I took a picture of the achievement on my phone of my actual phone while holding a piece of paper with ACES. I Was debating between achievement name and the actual place of the mountain.

What a repetitive game though. 10 Bus stops + two shops.

Omzz

How long did that Happy Street one take? Can I get it in an hour or less? (without paying anything)

It's free on App Store and Android. I wouldn't recommend the android one though since I heard it crashes a lot. So I did it on my iPod.

And no, you can't do it in an hour. It will take at least 3-4 days to complete it. It's not so much playing it all day, it's the wait times for crafting things and leveling up. You need to be level 9 to unlock the mountain, and that takes some time to get there. I was able to do it in 3 days time so it wasn't that bad. Don't think it's possible now to do it since it ends monday lol

Stat!

It's free on App Store and Android. I wouldn't recommend the android one though since I heard it crashes a lot. So I did it on my iPod.

And no, you can't do it in an hour. It will take at least 3-4 days to complete it. It's not so much playing it all day, it's the wait times for crafting things and leveling up. You need to be level 9 to unlock the mountain, and that takes some time to get there. I was able to do it in 3 days time so it wasn't that bad. Don't think it's possible now to do it since it ends monday lol

This guy is right. It's too late now. The longest part is crafting the stuff (since you need black lotus and 2 glue which is 14 hours of crafting right there).

It's too late again but I just had 9 bus stops, and 2 shops (with housing). Essentially, they spent all their money on the shops, so it kept restocking. It's tedious.

So if you're at level 6 or 7, it may be doable but you need to craft the black lotus right now.

zroid

Banned

Yeah I knew it was free, I just meant with regards to not making any microtransactions, heh :p

Ah well, too bad.

Stat!

zero escape

Uhh, Im level 18 yet I can't see the perk for being level 18? Ive completed 2 challenges, daily questions, have an avatar, but where is it?

EDIT: I guess that doesn't exist anymore? Sucks for me. Kinda was hoping for it.

Fuzzy

Oh nice, retro challenge is Kirby's Adventure for everyone that just got the Dream Collection!
I've been going through the GB games but I'll jump onto Adventure for the challenge. It's essentially "beat the game" right?

Omzz

Yeah I knew it was free, I just meant with regards to not making any microtransactions, heh :p

ohhh, yeah it was possible :p

also FINALLY, a challenge which for I already have the game. i started playing crystal shards and was about half way through, going to put that on hold and finish up this challenge

Omzz

Just finished the Kirby challenge. Didn't really take that long, finished it in one day. But man did I get frustrated in some parts! For some reason MetaKnight took me way more tries than it should have. Died more on that than the final boss itself

Also I hate respawning enemies :(

zroid

Banned
I'm about half way there. Will finish up tomorrow. I'm getting kind of irked by the frequent slowdown >.<

After I beat it, I think I might buy the 3D Classics version, I'm guessing that runs smoother and it probably looks awesome too.

zroid

Banned
Aand done!

Oh cool a Skyward Sword challenge. A sand cicada, eh... don't remember if I caught one of those already.

Top Bottom