• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

zroid

Banned
I think they said they'd use them for redeeming certain perks or giving us an extra opportunity at the trivia questions we got wrong (also, they'd take them away if we broke the rules in some way), but nothing has been implemented yet.

Interesting...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My WiiU code doesn't work. =\
A bunch of people on the forums are saying the same thing. Everyone who ordered it Monday and yesterday had no problem. Hopefully they get it fixed for you guys.

I think they said they'd use them for redeeming certain perks or giving us an extra opportunity at the trivia questions we got wrong (also, they'd take them away if we broke the rules in some way), but nothing has been implemented yet.
I'm up to 21 lives right now. :lol

Ordered Borderland 2 with Tsilon's code during E3. Futureshop just sent me this:

On July 9, 2012, Future Shop offered an exclusive Borderlands 2 SteelBook case as a BONUS gift with purchase to all customers who pre-order the game. We are pleased to inform you we extended this offer to all customers who pre-ordered before July 9, 2012.

I click their link, says 10 in stock. By the time I checkout I get error and steelbook is soldout... thanks Futureshop, that was fun!

Came back in-stock and it worked.

Omzz

I just recently joined and I gotta ask, do most of the challenges involve you actually buying the game if you don't already have it? I just did my first challenge yesterday and that was the Asteroids one. I'd really like to catch up since I'm only level 16 right now :(

zroid

Banned
I just recently joined and I gotta ask, do most of the challenges involve you actually buying the game if you don't already have it? I just did my first challenge yesterday and that was the Asteroids one. I'd really like to catch up since I'm only level 16 right now :(

They offer challenges for a very surprisingly diverse range of games, so you're likely to have some of them at least. But yeah if you don't buy a lot of games, it's harder to complete challenges often.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I haven't been playing many games recently and I've basically slowed down completely. The only thing I've been able to do in the last few months was the Borderlands demake one.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Lately I've only been doing 1 a week but somehow I've done 4 since Sunday (Sleeping Dogs, Asteroids, Prince of Persia Classic, Double Dragon Neon).

iphys

I haven't found many challenges I can do, because I usually don't own the games. Lately they've had a few games you can play free on the computer though, which is nice.

Sora_N

I'm rarely playing the newer games...so hard to do those ones.

For asteroids I assume it can be any version? I'm sure there's some kind of free one.

Daily

Oboromuramasa
Thanks, I thought it was New Little Kings Story as it's a wii gone vita title but was dreading to figure out the correct form structure for it's overly long Japanese title:
Ō to Maō to Nananin no Himegimitachi ~Shin Ō-sama Monogatari~

or it's translated title:

The King, The Demon King and the Seven Princesses: New King Story

Exeunt

Hahah, post it in the thread for the good people to see.

As promised, here is the uh... picture I drew commemorating kurahadol's generosity. My skills as an artist are demonstrated here, as is my knowledge of various NeoGAF topics that may or may not have been relevant over the past week or so. Enjoy it, tsilon-GAF.

K2Fxx.jpg

Stat!

I was looking at the challenges and because I double clicked, it sent a challenge for verification. A challenge I have no intention of doing or completing, I didnt even input my XBLID or anything. Now what? Nothing?

zroid

Banned
I was looking at the challenges and because I double clicked, it sent a challenge for verification. A challenge I have no intention of doing or completing, I didnt even input my XBLID or anything. Now what? Nothing?

you'll get an email saying your challenge was failed or rejected or whatever

Quadratic

They have your xbl id from your registration if you entered then and can checked on xbox.com. If not, nothing will happen. A human verifies the submission. That's why it can take up to 24 hours.

Stat!

Okay, another question.

1) I can't upload my avatar. Why?

2) If I redeem a perk, do I drop levels? Should I ever not redeem a perk (provided I have to pay to redeem it like a coupon)?

Exeunt

Okay, another question.

1) I can't upload my avatar. Why?

2) If I redeem a perk, do I drop levels? Should I ever not redeem a perk (provided I have to pay to redeem it like a coupon)?

1) When I signed up for the site, I was also having trouble uploading an avatar. What worked for me was saving the image I wanted to use as a .jpg file—I don't know this will solve your problem or not.

2) To the best of my knowledge, there has never been a perk that takes anything away from you; if you think you will use a perk, there is no harm in redeeming it. If you don't end up using it, you can always give it away to someone on GAF or the tsilon forums. There is supposed to be a system in which lives can be redeemed for certain benefits like retrying failed test questions but again, to the best of my knowledge, this is not yet in place.

Nothing on Bond yet but in the past I've gotten shipping emails from FS after midnight and gotten the package in the afternoon.

Still showing In Progress but it's now Out of Stock. Grr. Going to buy one in store today and return the shipped copy whenever I get it.

I hope your Bond and WOW orders are not anything like my recent Borderlands 2 debacle don't expect your stuff too soon. Still haven't even shipped my Borderlands 2 and when I call CS they have no idea what the fuck is going on and straight up admit that. I made them find me a store near me that has one and ship it to my local store for the same price and then cancel the original order. Fingers crossed that this works on getting me the steelbook etc.

I hope your Bond and WOW orders are not anything like my recent Borderlands 2 debacle don't expect your stuff too soon. Still haven't even shipped my Borderlands 2 and when I call CS they have no idea what the fuck is going on and straight up admit that. I made them find me a store near me that has one and ship it to my local store for the same price and then cancel the original order. Fingers crossed that this works on getting me the steelbook etc.

I swear, my tsilon shipments always seem to take a little longer for some reason. I sometimes wonder if discounted shipments end up at the bottom of the pile.

I swear, my tsilon shipments always seem to take a little longer for some reason. I sometimes wonder if discounted shipments end up at the bottom of the pile.

You know this is my first tsilon shipment and it has been nothing but trouble but I have never had trouble previously with any FS orders. I think I'm a believer in your little conspiracy theory

Stat!

Okay, Cinema Now doesn't have HD downloads at all. Nor does it have downloads if I'm on a Mac.

...Really? I have the $20 card and I used it (planning on purchasing Avengers) and now I dont even want to use it.

Oh well.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Daily

Pandaria
lol.

Okay, Cinema Now doesn't have HD downloads at all. Nor does it have downloads if I'm on a Mac.

...Really? I have the $20 card and I used it (planning on purchasing Avengers) and now I dont even want to use it.

Oh well.

Hey, train guy!

Lothars

I've had no problems with any of my FS orders, they've always arrived day 1.

Only Bond has been a problem.
I've been having issues with the last couple orders, borderlands 2, dead or alive 5, Bond.

I am hoping the rest of my orders go through okay especially resident evil next week.

Stat!

Daily

Pandaria
lol.

Hey, train guy!

Train buddies!

....*awkward looks*

For those who are wondering at this seemingly inside joke, traveling along a Via Rail train, he saw that I was on Gaf and we met, talked, cried, and laughed. Okay, not so much the last two.

centracore

My Bond order shows as being in progress although the item now shows as out of stock.. gotta love pre-ordering stuff from Future Shop.

I think there might be some weight to the conspiracy theory, the only things I've had trouble with from Future Shop were $20 off E3 pre-orders last year and almost every tsilon.ca pre-order.

Top Bottom