• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

turn a common mundane item into a future post-apocalyptic currency

AALLx

I never really did understood the bottle cap thing. Wouldn't regular coins still be usable as a currency and still be more widely available than other mass-produced trinkets?

Brokun

I never really did understood the bottle cap thing. Wouldn't regular coins still be usable as a currency and still be more widely available than other mass-produced trinkets?

They didn't survive the nuclear blasts. Bottle caps however are made out of adamantium.

lazygecko

There was an explanation for caps ending up as currency in one of the original games. And they did phase them out for actual money again in Fallout 2 since society had progressed and money was being printed again, but Bethesda decided to throw all that out when they got ahold of the IP.

robochimp

Forget bullets, the currency in the apocalyptic future will be plastic bins. You've got to keep your stuff dry and free of insects.

Top Bottom