• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD officially announced.

tbd

Man, TP was one badass gamecube game, I remember when it first came out, it still got a lot of praise for its graphic, I even specifically remember morgan webb from xplay saying it looked better than even a lot of PS360 games at the time(at the time there were still a lot of bad looking games, especially up-ports being released on them)

Definitely never got the praise it deserved for its graphics or technical level in general. Completly blows every other big fantasy game of that generation out of the water, imo.

gz2p01-212o7sn8.png

gz2p01-19563sj0.png

gz2p01-202k8shn.png

gz2p01-3570sssg.png

gz2p01-1031nsdr.png

Secondly, I have no idea what you are talking about with your Sonic nonsense. I'm not sure if you're trying to attack my personal taste or what, but it's pretty desperate sounding.

I actually just compared this game with games I'm sure you played based on your avatar.

Heroman

Banned
Tp might be the best looking game of that era or in the top 5, for the scale of it and the enough of different location what nintendo did on the gamecube was simply mindblowing.

Definitely never got the praise it deserved for its graphics or technical level in general. Completly blows every other big fantasy game of that generation out of the water, imo.
Those custom HUD textures, yikes. And the bloom effect is missing in the Twilight Palace shot, but you probably turned that off because that shit breaks in Dolphin.

Sagitario

GTvkE08.png

Son of a b...
The original announcement said:
"The game’s iconic soundtrack will be offered as a bonus for fans who pre-order the game from select retailers."
Dammit!

I don't know if a few selected tracks are worth the GCU/Prime price difference.

Mistle

I actually just compared this game with games I'm sure you played based on your avatar.
I liked TP as well but it's not a proper comparison to compare to Dolphin shots. That's not how the game looked.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
GTvkE08.png

Son of a b...
The original announcement said:

Dammit!

I don't know if a few selected tracks are worth the GCU/Prime price difference.

I need to know if this is the exact same soundtrack they gave away years ago or if this will have different and/or updated tracks. I now have a preorder at both Amazon and GameStop until the details are announced. I hope we find out before launch.

Tookay

If it's anything like the last select soundtrack they gave away for TP, then it's not worth it. That was pretty much nothing.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If it's anything like the last select soundtrack they gave away for TP, then it's not worth it. That was pretty much worthless.

Yep, I can second this. The recent XCX music release doesn't give me hope that they've changed.

Lgndryhr

Sticking to my Best Buy Pre-Order. Someone will rip the CD and dump it online.

Also, first Wii U game I preordered and do not even own a WIi U.

I know that much, and that would be fine and all I suppose, but your tone seemed really hostile. I don't agree that those games looked like N64 games, but of course It's not surprising to me that a Nintendo game is more impressive looking than a Sega game. Anyway, this is a completely different discussion.

BriGuy

I'd like to pre-order this at Amazon, but they're pulling some "might be sold out forever,who knows? Fuck you" thing for the physical copy.

maxcriden

I'd like to pre-order this at Amazon, but they're pulling some "might be sold out forever,who knows? Fuck you" thing for the physical copy.

It was just up yesterday or the day before. It's been in and out of stock. Keep an eye on it through nowinstock and it should go back up plenty of times. ☺

tbd

I liked TP as well but it's not a proper comparison to compare to Dolphin shots. That's not how the game looked.

It's what the game looked like, except shitty resolution and AA which every sixth generation game suffered from. I play many games on Dolphin and PCSX2 at 1080p and Twilight Princess mostly outclasses them, considering the scale of this game.

This, btw, is a 2015 game:

And that's post reshading to make it more colorful.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's what the game looked like, except shitty resolution and AA which every sixth generation game suffered from. I play many games on Dolphin and PCSX2 at 1080p and Twilight Princess mostly outclasses them, considering the scale of this game.

is that tales of zestria

Sami+

Tales has always been ugly as hell lmao, and will most likely continue to be.

I liked Twilight Princess' art style a lot though, I don't get the hate. I think it's just preference. A lot of people like the cartoony, colorful Nintendo stuff.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Tales has always been ugly as hell lmao, and will most likely continue to be.

I liked Twilight Princess' art style a lot though, I don't get the hate. I think it's just preference. A lot of people like the cartoony, colorful Nintendo stuff.

The problem with TP is that, while they utilize the hardware well enough to present more colourful abstract stuff, TP's art style is hindered by poor tech, and thus the game just looks uglier as a result. The illusion breaks a helluva lot easier.

Capra

I wonder if there's ever going to be a pre-order page for a physical edition without the amiibo. With the Prime pre-order discount applied it brings the price down to $40, which would be a pretty nice price point for what looks like a pretty standard HD update.

Flandy

Unless they suddenly unveil a new lighting engine I think I might cancel my order. Full price is a lot for a remaster :\

tbd

Why Malo, though? And why is he the size of a potato?

Anyway, maybe this means something and they overhauled his money sink quest. There also was a money sink quest in the town. I'm sure they actually planned to give Twilight Princess some kind of crafting system with upgradeable items but they ran out of time so it ended up in Skyward Sword. All those chests with nothing but pointless rupees and money sink quests to make the rupees a little less pointless are a huge indicator, I think. I mean even Wind Waker already had many different collectables used for sidequests, Twilight Princess compeltely lacks this.

• improve the economy system, maybe add collectables and crafting
  • actually put content between the last three dungeons (some more optional sidequests in general or maybe even somewhat more focus on Ganondorf)
  • let us get to the first dungeon faster (not having to repeat everything like fishing or spying on NPCs as a wolf would help)

We know they already

• made it harder/added Hero Mode
  • shortened the twilight bugs stuff

If they somehow bring all this into being, this game would be a perfect Zelda or action adventure, fucking terrific.

Unless they suddenly unveil a new lighting engine I think I might cancel my order. Full price is a lot for a remaster :

If WWHD is anything to go by, there will be some considerable gameplay changes added as well as the usual graphical flourishes inherent with an HD remaster. It was more effort than most developers put into really actually remastering a game, so I for one am okay with the price if that's the case.

atbigelow

A lot of TP's graphical issues seemed to be hardware constraints. The texture resolution was really lacking in areas, but quite good in others. A lot of the issues we're gonna see now are gonna be the texturing seams. Hopefully they smooth as much as that out as possible.

The water refraction shader in the original was also incredibly bad and buggy.

Aroll

That's bull. They never mentioned that in their direct.

Yes, they did. They specifically said "select retailers". That always mean retailer exclusive. They were pretty up front about it, it was just easily overlooked in the direct compared to everything else going on. The bigger letdown is they said "soundtrack" and a sound selection isn't the same thing. Not sure why they wouldn't just offer the full soundtrack.

Has anyone mentioned stamps for this game?

Nintendo Everything posted what appears to be a page from the Famitsu article. Two things stuck out to me: some of these screens are gorgeous, and on the right, there appears to be 9 collectible boxes on the menu screen. This is opposed to the 8 which were in the original game. Upon blowing it up on my phone, the new collectible very much resembles a stamp. I'm having trouble posting the image, but here is the Link:

http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/twilight-princess-wallet-cave.jpg

It doesn't seem like a scan, so I'm hoping Famitsu uploaded it to the official site. Mods, please edit otherwise. But yay! Miiverse stamps!

Top Bottom