• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks blu-ray officially announced: 90 MINUTES OF FWWM DELETED SCENES (Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Twin_Peaks_BRD.gif

"You make the rest of us look like primates."

I could watch this gif all day long.

Seeing how I'm on the top page, I should probably add more content to my post. When (if) I pick up the Blu-ray set of this, I'll be showing two of my friends the first episode. I must begin converting people to one of the best western shows around.

I am going through and ripping the blu ray and I have found something on disc one, and I am not sure what it is.

It is 22 minutes long, and has a scene with Lucy at her home with Andy. I don't remember seeing it and it is not on the disc menu anywhere.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be, so I can label it correctly?

That's probably the scene from the international pilot.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've just started watching, pilot film and first episode done. Really like it already, I'll probably binge through this. I keep thinking about the Simpsons parody whenever good coffee and cherry pie is mentioned though

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've just watched the episode where [s2]
Maddy is killed and Leland was revealed to be Bob's vessel. tbh it's weird that the show still goes on for 15 more eps after this. I guess it's gonna turn more into a 'how' than 'who' thing now. It's a weird decision to drop it this early in the season, but there was pressure from the studio because of the declining ratings right? They probably had to force something huge in to re-ignite interest. I'm going to keep watching, but I don't see how they're going to top this and what they're going to do to keep the rest of the season interesting.

I have to say though that everything that Lynch is credited in, is above and beyond the rest. My favorite episodes were early and late s1, and now this. Eary s2 in particular really wasn't doing it for me. The show isn't as consistent as I'd hoped.

Menome

Eary s2 in particular really wasn't doing it for me. The show isn't as consistent as I'd hoped.

Middle of Season 2 is where the consistency hits its lowest point as the show goes into full soap-opera mode. It does reassert itself though after a few episodes and builds up to a great climax. Won't say any more for spoilers' sake.

StuBurns

Banned
All the post-Laura stuff is terrible, James' MILF, the drug trafficking, etc. I know the common belief is that season two just sucks, but I think up to and including the reveal, it's as good as season one. The quality just falls off a cliff instantly following that.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Middle of Season 2 is where the consistency hits its lowest point as the show goes into full soap-opera mode. It does reassert itself though after a few episodes and builds up to a great climax. Won't say any more for spoilers' sake.

Wow I've yet to hit the lowest point? Ouch. There were definitely moments where it felt the show had shifted into Invitation to Love for real.

It's disappointing the show starts out with the dark and moody elements that usually attract me to anything Lynch, but it drops them completely later. s2e7 was like the first great ep since the first season ended.

The quality just falls off a cliff instantly following that.

Crap, I don't feel like watching anymore.

Oh! There wás a great scene in one of the earlier episodes I loved and didn't mention:
creepy ghost/grandchild with his grandmother, scooping up the creamed corn. 'J'ai une âme solitaire"
That was unsettling and haunting, what I love

Eegah

This show was strange in that it has so many elements that I love but somehow fails to bring them together in a way that allows them to reach their full potential. Still I consider everything up through the resolution of the main story a flawed classic. After that though, and I mean starting the very next episode, the show becomes MST3K worthy.

Ultimately, I can't think of another show that has a bigger gap between the highs of its great scenes and the lows of its worst.

StuBurns

Banned
Oh! There wás a great scene in one of the earlier episodes I loved and didn't mention:
creepy ghost/grandchild with his grandmother, scooping up the creamed corn. 'J'ai une âme solitaire"
That was unsettling and haunting, what I love
That stuff is revisited in the film.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
At this point, they're in full soap opera parody mode, but I don't like the joke. Every plotline sucks:

- Nadine, supercheerleader
- James, milfhunter
- Coop framed, Duchovny in drag investigates
- Ben cheated out of everything, hermit in his office
- Hank powerplay
- Leo is still a plant, although this continues to be amusing (party animal Leo lol)
- Josie & Catherine are back, Andrew Packard is alive... I couldn't care less about this mess of an arc. I hope everything involving Cat & Josie is done soon.
- The major is missing
- The adventures of Dick & Andy

KGRD098.gif

At this point, they're in full soap opera parody mode, but I don't like the joke. Every plotline sucks:

- Nadine, supercheerleader
- James, milfhunter
- Coop framed, Duchovny in drag investigates
- Ben cheated out of everything, hermit in his office
- Hank powerplay
- Leo is still a plant, although this continues to be amusing (party animal Leo lol)
- Josie & Catherine are back, Andrew Packard is alive... I couldn't care less about this mess of an arc. I hope everything involving Cat & Josie is done soon.
- The major is missing
- The adventures of Dick & Andy

KGRD098.gif

Wait for the last two episodes. Especially the last episode is 100 % Lynch. You'll love it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The sloppiness and incoherence of S2 annoys me as much as the cheesiness, like the billion characters that come out of nowhere. Billy Zane? Ugh.

seriously. i forgot billy zane even existed until i decide to rewatch twin peaks and titanic.

that nadine swerve in season 2 though. that and the james storyline is the biggest wtf for me. i still really appreciate this show though, there's nothing like it.

thenexus6

seriously. i forgot billy zane even existed until i decide to rewatch twin peaks and titanic.

that nadine swerve in season 2 though. that and the james storyline is the biggest wtf for me. i still really appreciate this show though, there's nothing like it.

Man, what about the Phantom?! Classic movie.

Never seen the show, looks sorta old and cheesy from the trailer...
Is it really that good or is it nostalgia?

Do you know David Lynch?
Do you like David Lynch?

It's weird, funny, scary, cheesy, interesting, awesome, beautiful, disturbing and confusing in the same way.

If you like David Lynch you'll love it. If you don't know him it's 50:50. Imo it's the best TV show ever made but I'm a David Lynch fan ^^

I'm currently watching the second season too, but I loved the whole Josie storyline
except her death, but I'm hoping that gets explained.
I agree that
the chessmaster villain guy is terrible though.

lednerg

I wasn't expecting it, but the Missing Pieces is practically a sequel. There's so much content, and most of it is great. So glad I picked it up. :)

Season 2 was totally fucked by the tv production suits.

This.

There was all sorts of crap going on behind the scenes. Lots of pressure from stupid ABC execs to get them to
answer "who killed Laura Palmer"
- which of course killed the ratings and forced them to rely on lesser subplots. ABC then kept pushing the show around the schedule, which only hurt the ratings even more. When the ratings dipped, the studio kept trying to spice it up with half-assed mysteries and characters - but the magic was gone. Then at around the same time, the Persian Gulf War in Iraq started, which caused the show to be preempted multiple times for news coverage - which again, fucked ratings. Thankfully, Lynch saved it at the end as only he could. And the film is a fricken masterpiece.

Lumine

Yeah I only recently watched this show and I agree with what has been said.
Was really loving it until halfway season 2 or so. Probably until it is happening again.
After that some of the mystery and the whodunit was gone. Worse though is that it started all these diverging story lines that in the end went absolutely nowhere. Where everything seemed to tie in nicely to the story at first it's as if nothing did anymore. And as people have said, the soapiness of it really didn't help either. From what I understand there were a lot of production problems, disappointing ratings and a lot of script rewrites. Shame really. The actual ending was pretty disappointing as well. So much was left unfinished.
Then I watched the movie and for a moment when Cooper and Albert showed up I got a shimmer of hope that despite this being a prequel it might still be the ending I hoped for.
Unfortunately after that the movie was only about Laura Palmer. It wasn't much fun and it felt pointless showing all the prior events as we had re-construed them in our heads from the show anyway. This ending was even more disappointing. I couldn't help but laugh when
the Angel showed up at the end.

I would still recommend the show to others. I enjoyed it for what it was. Just know that it falls apart way before it ends and then it ends very unsatisfying.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I wish I read about the show a bit more, because honestly I expected a gem throughout, not the extreme highs and lows of s1/s2. I continue to struggle through the eps, it hasn't picked up yet. Finally the
civil war insanity has ended. Leo is now a collared dog for Windom Earle.
The new story they cooked up for Coop is terrible. It's really sad to see everything not just decline, but fall right off a cliff. It's all the more painful because s1 was so good.

I see FWWM & the missing pieces as a reward for getting through s2. Can't wait to watch it.

Yeah I only recently watched this show and I agree with what has been said.
Was really loving it until halfway season 2 or so. Probably until it is happening again.
After that some of the mystery and the whodunit was gone. Worse though is that it started all these diverging story lines that in the end went absolutely nowhere. Where everything seemed to tie in nicely to the story at first it's as if nothing did anymore. And as people have said, the soapiness of it really didn't help either. From what I understand there were a lot of production problems, disappointing ratings and a lot of script rewrites. Shame really. The actual ending was pretty disappointing as well. So much was left unfinished.
Then I watched the movie and for a moment when Cooper and Albert showed up I got a shimmer of hope that despite this being a prequel it might still be the ending I hoped for.
Unfortunately after that the movie was only about Laura Palmer. It wasn't much fun and it felt pointless showing all the prior events as we had re-construed them in our heads from the show anyway. This ending was even more disappointing. I couldn't help but laugh when
the Angel showed up at the end.

I would still recommend the show to others. I enjoyed it for what it was. Just know that it falls apart way before it ends and then it ends very unsatisfying.

It doesn't really fall apart imo. It's just another plot which is not as satisfying as the
Who killed Laura Palmer?
- story.
Still the same characters, still the same atmosphere and the ending is fantastic :p

overcast

I don't know if there are any spoilers, so I'm kind of avoiding this thread. Any time table for when it gets worse, and how much of season 2 is hard to get through? Is there one episode where you're like, "yep, off a cliff".

I just finished episode 2 and so far I've thoroughly enjoyed everything. Getting really weird.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I don't know if there are any spoilers, so I'm kind of avoiding this thread. Any time table for when it gets worse, and how much of season 2 is hard to get through? Is there one episode where you're like, "yep, off a cliff".

I just finished episode 2 and so far I've thoroughly enjoyed everything. Getting really weird.

s1: pretty much all good.
s2: decline sets in pretty early on, but after ep7 it falls off a cliff and becomes painful to watch. Not finished yet, but it's supposed to get better by the final eps

I would have normally recommended people not watch the movie (I thought it was terrible after having just watched the series, and it didn't really add anything new), but I'm hoping/wondering if the stuff added might add a substantial bit of information about what happens near the end of the series.

StuBurns

Banned
Nothing is 'added' to the film itself, there is virtually a separate 'bizarro' version of the film on the disc.

Actually, I think it's a frustrating thing to watch, because it reveals that they did indeed have a bunch of more lighthearted 'Twin Peaks-esque' material, but just chose not to include it.

I did enjoy the film this second time though, I hated it first time.

I would have normally recommended people not watch the movie (I thought it was terrible after having just watched the series, and it didn't really add anything new), but I'm hoping/wondering if the stuff added might add a substantial bit of information about what happens near the end of the series.

The movie is awesome. But only if you're familiar with Lynch-movies. It's not as cheesy as the show....it's dark, "brutal" and scary.
Very underrated (but I can understand why).

Real Hero

I think the film is better as its own thing without those more twin peaksy deleted scenes. It stands on it own and the funny stuff doesn't seem to fit into the film as well as does in the show. I'm glad they were removed.

3rdman

I wish I read about the show a bit more, because honestly I expected a gem throughout, not the extreme highs and lows of s1/s2. I continue to struggle through the eps, it hasn't picked up yet. Finally the
civil war insanity has ended. Leo is now a collared dog for Windom Earle.
The new story they cooked up for Coop is terrible. It's really sad to see everything not just decline, but fall right off a cliff. It's all the more painful because s1 was so good.

I see FWWM & the missing pieces as a reward for getting through s2. Can't wait to watch it.

Most Twin Peaks fans (including me) agree with your thoughts BUT it does pick up near the end. Personally the last episode is the second best in the whole series...At least it goes out with a bang and it makes up for the bad episodes you have to sit through.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Done with the show. Yep, the finale was pretty good, a return to form after about 20 eps of misery. Actually it's pretty cruel because
the cliffhanger suddenly makes the series interesting again.

btw Michael Ontkean can't do drunk and angry... at all. His
Josie grief scenes
were hilarious.

Every time Billy Zane was on screen I thought 'Why is Billy Zane on screen'?

Now I can finally have my reward in Fire Walk With Me.

edit: This site is in german but there are very interesting pictures of all Twin Peaks actors (1990- today): http://www.llloved.de/die-menschen-a...ber-20-jahren/

Flynn Boyle... why :'( History's greatest monster! btw don't know how true this is, but apparently Audrey+Coop couldn't be a thing in the series because Boyle protested. She was dating MacLachlan at the time and was jealous. Then later MacLachlan moved on to Graham. Dude got lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom