• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks blu-ray officially announced: 90 MINUTES OF FWWM DELETED SCENES (Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nander

Hello friends with impeccable taste! I bring you the best deal for this boxed set yet, jump on it while you can as there probably won't be a better offer until Black Friday. It's 88.99 with zero tax and you can get the cheapest shipping for just 1.99 so just $90.98!

https://www.familyvideo.com/catalog...7&source=webgains&siteid=54264&viewer=desktop

This link is going through an affiliate marketing site called Webgains. I guess you get paid every time someone buys from that site after having clicked on your link? If so, not cool.

This link is going through an affiliate marketing site called Webgains. I guess you get paid every time someone buys from that site after having clicked on your link? If so, not cool.

Ugh no? This was just the cheapest deal I found on the net. Ah, I see what you're seeing now. I actually used the link a friend emailed me that I used personally but now I've went to home page of the site and just searched for the box set and it doesn't add in the webgains crap: https://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=436377 That's interesting, I'll have to look out for that in the future. I'll go back and edit my previous post with this link instead, too.

My copy just arrived from Amazon.

Not sure why it came four days early but I am not complaining. I know what I am doing with my weekend!

hydruxo

Oh man I can't wait. I'll be watching everything for the first time

Oh you are in for a treat my friend! Enjoy it!

rvKFwxD.gif

hwalker84

Never saw an episode of this show. Solely going off of word of mouth and I want it but $90 blind buy..... Just can't do it.

Mine's not yet dispatched (Amazon.co.uk) :(
I can't wait for that box, not only is Twin Peaks awesome, but it's going to be my first blu-ray, period. (not counting PS3 games as such of course)

Chittagong

Gold Member
What are the chances of this content becoming available on iTunes? Even with the beautiful box I can't see myself getting a physical box of media.

So just to be clear this collection is not like some limited run or anything like that? I could buy it any time I want?

Any chance of it being available at a best buy or target on the day of release to pick up?

M.Steiner

Your Amazon.co.uk order of "Twin Peaks - The Entire..." has been dispatched
'tis on its way!
Been a while since I last saw the show but I'm really excited to rewatch it in all its high-def glory, along with all the extras. Having both this and The Sopranos boxset releasing in September as well... Going to be glorious.

Tommyhawk

Looks like my box will be delivered today!
I've never seen the series but I've only heard great things about it, so I'm pretty pumped right now.

Menome

Looks like my box will be delivered today!
I've never seen the series but I've only heard great things about it, so I'm pretty pumped right now.

As a forewarning; about halfway through Season 2 it does hit a slump for about 3 or 4 episodes, but keep at it as it gets back on track with style after that.

Picked this up to watch with my dad. I've never seen it past the first few episodes and he only remembers it vaguely from the original run. I'm a fan of Lynch's other stuff so I should love it, and it should be a neat bit of nostalgia for him.

Tommyhawk

As a forewarning; about halfway through Season 2 it does hit a slump for about 3 or 4 episodes, but keep at it as it gets back on track with style after that.

I don't have a problem with a slower paced series. Mad Men is one of my favourite series of all times and it can also drag on sometimes. ^^

The box arrived a few minutes ago:

20140728_132621tlj00.jpg

The quality of the box is amazing and certainly worth the asking price.

hydruxo

Hello friends with impeccable taste! I bring you the best deal for this boxed set yet, jump on it while you can as there probably won't be a better offer until Black Friday. It's 88.99 with zero tax and you can get the cheapest shipping for just 1.99 so just $90.98!

https://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=436377

How legit is this site? Because if it's legit I'm definitely about to go with this for 30 bucks cheaper than everywhere else.

EDIT: Nevermind it says it's unavailable to ship :(

Bummer.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Had to order online. Called local Mediamarkt and they weren't getting it in, which I found weird. I thought this came out in America+Europe at the same time. Play.com had it for €65

How legit is this site? Because if it's legit I'm definitely about to go with this for 30 bucks cheaper than everywhere else.

EDIT: Nevermind it says it's unavailable to ship :(

Bummer.

I did a search on if the site was legit and saw a number of forums saying it was. I went ahead and ordered mine from there. They won't ship to where you are? Are you in Europe? That sucks man :(

hydruxo

I did a search on if the site was legit and saw a number of forums saying it was. I went ahead and ordered mine from there. They won't ship to where you are? Are you in Europe? That sucks man :(

No I'm in the US but there's no drop down list or add to cart option, all I see is "This product is currently unavailable to ship" in red lettering :(

I went to this link

dallow_bg

nods at old men
If you're in the US, it's cheaper to order from Amazon UK as the set is Region-Free.

Items: GBP 41.46 (cheaper than main page due to VAT being removed)
Postage & Packing: GBP 3.08

Total is:
(Order Total: GBP 44.54)
Payment Total: USD 78.55

Tucah

you speak so well

I'm watching the show for the first time and I lost a ton of interest an episode or two after (S2 spoiler)
Laura's killer was revealed.
I assume this is the rough patch or does it fall even further? I blasted through the show up until that point but I haven't had the urge to continue past for a couple of weeks.

I'm watching the show for the first time and I lost a ton of interest an episode or two after (S2 spoiler)
I assume this is the rough patch or does it fall even further? I blasted through the show up until that point but I haven't had the urge to continue past for a couple of weeks.
Yeah, that's the rough patch. Slog through the rest of the episodes. The show finds itself again and gets you hooked once more for the last run of it.

hydruxo

Yeah it gets better after that. Keep going.

Nemesis_

Picked up my copy today, fuck, what an amazingly put together package. I love when people do boxsets, but I adore when people put the effort in to put together something that feels so conclusive and definitive.

Really impressed and I haven't even started watching! :p

I've noticed people compare Twin Peaks to the Killing. I've not seen The Killing, but is it at all similar?

ramyeon

If you're in the US, it's cheaper to order from Amazon UK as the set is Region-Free.

Items: GBP 41.46 (cheaper than main page due to VAT being removed)
Postage & Packing: GBP 3.08

Total is:
Was looking into ordering this and I was shocked at how different the prices are. Even more expensive in Australia. Will probably end up ordering from the UK.

I've noticed people compare Twin Peaks to the Killing. I've not seen The Killing, but is it at all similar?

Danish or US version? I've seen the Danish version and I fail to see how it compares to Twin Peaks besides superficial similairities (crime story, teenage girl, bereaved family...).

It's good though not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom