• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The showing was at 10 pm
No stuff was given out for free, had they said they were giving out free shit it would have been packed. People go nuts for free shit at comic con
There were lots of seats since it was a pretty big place so I assume it was just fans of the show

Rien

Jelly Belly
Anyone noticed the classical track played on the background at Johnny Horne's scene last episode is the same classical track used in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest during their 'medication time'? At least, i think its the same.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Know a lot of people bailed to not get spoiled in this topic, but looks like they didn't have much to worry over thankfully. Five hours until the new episode.

Levito

Banned
I haven't seen any spoilers either, can't wait for tonight's episode where
Super Nadine
returns and beats the piss out of Evil Coop.

PizzaFace

Banned
The showing was at 10 pm
No stuff was given out for free, had they said they were giving out free shit it would have been packed. People go nuts for free shit at comic con
There were lots of seats since it was a pretty big place so I assume it was just fans of the show

Is it a good episode?

dan2026

I feel like that this half braindead Cooper thing has really gone on far, far too long.
In fact the pace of everything feels so off.

I am still watching to the end, but my enthusiasm is waning.

Given the crowd that's left for this show, a "crowd pleaser" will be a black and white silhouette reciting the magna carta backwards while a lone trumpet plays the same five notes in 3 second intervals.

Plus some more Dougie I guess. Why lose an opportunity to spit in the faces of people who wanted Dale Cooper back in an episode?

JohnDoe

Banned
7JtW1c4.jpg
"This Will Be The Episode Dougie Wakes Up", Says Increasingly Nervous Man For Seventh Time This Year

Mr. Doop

in tonight's episode, coop wakes up, and then proceeds to spend the entire episode helping lucy and andy assemble the red chair they bought in part 9

Given the crowd that's left for this show, a "crowd pleaser" will be a black and white silhouette reciting the magna carta backwards while a lone trumpet plays the same five notes in 3 second intervals.

Plus some more Dougie I guess. Why lose an opportunity to spit in the faces of people who wanted Dale Cooper back in an episode?

Entitles fans don't deserve to be satisfied.

DJMicLuv

Dude, did David Lynch personally shit on your balls or what?

JohnDoe

Banned

idgi man you come across as angry as a motherfucker and still devote so much time and energy to this show and thread? It's your time but I have quit shows for less man. :/

Maligna

Banned
I remember way back in the second episode with Dougie (Episode 4), myself and others saying how it was funny for a while but we're over Dougie... little did we know that we'd still be with him at episode 11 (and probably many more)

200.gif

Dusk Golem

I remember way back in the second episode with Dougie (Episode 4), myself and others saying how it was funny for a while but we're over Dougie... little did we know that we'd still be with him at episode 11 (and probably many more)

To be honest I've come to like the Dougie stuff more over time, this is just my opinion but I like his work stuff more than I did his initial home stuff, and I didn't really like Janey-E until Part 6. It also helps that a number of the parts either don't feature him (IE, Part 8 and one other Part I need to recall right now), or feature him only briefly but sweetly (like Part 10 where he had the doctor scene, the sex scene, and then the morning after, the total of which was maybe 5 minutes of the episode and were fun scenes).

Though to be seen how we feel about Dougie after Part 11 in two hours.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm still having a good time with the show though I certainly don't begrudge Bam Bams comments.

Am I expecting Coop back before the two hour finale? No.

Would I prefer he replaced Dougies pretty much blank slate in episode 11? Yes.

Am I having a good and rewarding time upto now? Yes.

Did I enjoy episode 8? No.

Am I a fan of Lynch's movies? Yes.

Is this thread a mess? No not really. Just a bunch of folks not particularly happy it's not a conventional season 3 mixed in with people who are loving it. I wasn't particularly expecting one but I get the Bam Bam style comments.

hughesta

Banned
fwiw a dear friend of mine saw the episode at comic-con and said it
felt like a classic episode of the show, even with Dougie
so I bet tonight will be a real treat for fans new and old

Maligna

Banned
Think it's everyone. I have to use a service called CraveTV cause it's the only service showing it legally in Canada(and they're moving it forward too).

That's what I use too. Damn, that means that now it's going to be showing at 11pm (in the Atlantic provinces) my time and my wife I have work the next day. This is gonna be a hard sell for her.

Linkin112

The time isn't moving forward an hour, it's moving backwards.

For example, I'm CST so Twin Peaks is normally 8pm for me. Starting with Part 13 (August 6th), it'll now be on at 7pm.

Dusk Golem

Yeah, it's moving forward an hour. It used to be 6 PM PST (my time zone), it's becoming 5 PM PST on August 6th and forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom