• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper's never coming back.

I watch this thread every time S3 airs, hoping to have this spoiled. I try desperately to avoid spoilers for everything else in my life, and I love Twin Peaks, but I can't cope with watching each new episode not knowing if Coop is back.

At this point, I'm fairly certain Dougie is all we're going to get, but I still have to know before I watch it myself.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I really liked that episode, had a lot of memorable scenes, moved some things forward, and some of the characters are really growing on me.

Big One

Banned
I was saying this to myself when he took that bite. But he's getting there.

I loved how frantic, weird, and warm this episode was
He really needs his shoes that got left behind to become Coop again. Willing to bet this is how it'll happen once everyone goes to those coordinates.

Very satisfying scenes in the town proper plus Buckhorn. Loved that disorienting hallway shot after Becky pounds on the door, vibes of the Club Silencio steadicam one. The Log Lady and Hawk scenes were delightful, the old map exposition was great as well, echoes of Hawk explaining the lodges from the second season. Chills!

...and that "damn good" from Coop got me emotional. Come back to us!

Big One

Banned
There's somewhat of a theme of bad parenting this episode. There's Becky's story, which it was revealed her parents seem to have an estranged relationship with Shelly hoping onto other men for her own desires even in moments where her daughter needs her the most. Then right afterwards gunshots are heard....and it turns out it was because the parents put a loaded gun in the backseat with their child. Then right behind her was a mother that was more concerned with going home than her own daughter's well-being. Then later on in the episode it was mentioned the Mitchum Brothers were raised in an orphanage.

That doesn't include the child that watched Dougie's car explode as well.

Ugh I feel like now that things are picking up more consistently between episodes the wait is feeling longer week to week again. At least we don't have any two-week gaps anymore.

Also loved the pure Lynch weirdness of the woman honking+her rant and the kid vomiting whatever that was up.

Levito

Banned
What was it about the piano music that got Dougie's attention about the piano music?

Also according to credits, the fellow on the piano was literally Angelo Badalamenti.

There's somewhat of a theme of bad parenting this episode. There's Becky's story, which it was revealed her parents seem to have an estranged relationship with Shelly hoping onto other men for her own desires even in moments where her daughter needs her the most. Then right afterwards gunshots are heard....and it turns out it was because the parents put a loaded gun in the backseat with their child. Then right behind her was a mother that was more concerned with going home than her own daughter's well-being. Then later on in the episode it was mentioned the Mitchum Brothers were raised in an orphanage.

That doesn't include the child that watched Dougie's car explode as well.

Just noticed a theme of pad parenting, lol.

Yea this might be the first Part that actually felt like an episode of television.

What was it about the piano music that got Dougie's attention about the piano music?

Also according to credits, the fellow on the piano was literally Angelo Badalamenti.

That dude looks nothing like Angelo, guessing that's an error in cast list or they meant who wrote that piece. Or does anyone know if that's a known composition that he perked up at? At first I thought it might be a theme from the original series but couldn't parse it.

Fou-Lu

Quite likely my favourite episode of the season. As much as I want Cooper back there have been some damn fine moments with Dougie. Especially the scenes with the Mitchum Brothers in this episode.

Flipyap

That was just wonderful.
The Super Mitchum Bros. and Dougie combo is the sweetest thing in the world. I love that entire clique and I wish we could stay with them.
Meanwhile, the town of Twin Peaks continues to be a fucking nightmare. Hey Mark, hey David, guys, there's still time to rebrand this shit. I know "Las Vegas" doesn't have the same ring to it, but it's such a pleasant place compared to Twin Peaks, let's not go back to that little dumpster town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom