• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks as well.

I thought the footage from FWWM was prior to season one and two timelines. How does that makes sense though? It seems like Jeffries questions if he's actually speaking to the real coop. This is even referenced in Gordon's dream in the previous episode. How's that possible if cooper hadn't been to the lodge though?

FWWM is both a prequel and a sequel.

Watch it. It's crucial to this season.

Blader

I thought the footage from FWWM was prior to season one and two timelines. How does that makes sense though? It seems like Jeffries questions if he's actually speaking to the real coop. This is even referenced in Gordon's dream in the previous episode. How's that possible if cooper hadn't been to the lodge though?

I think the common theory is that time moves differently (or not at all) in the lodges. There are a couple scenes in FWWM that feature Cooper in the red room even though, if we're following the story linearly, Coop wouldn't have been trapped yet (or for that matter, even come to Twin Peaks yet).

I think the common theory is that time moves differently (or not at all) in the lodges. There are a couple scenes in FWWM that feature Cooper in the red room even though, if we're following the story linearly, Coop wouldn't have been trapped yet (or for that matter, even come to Twin Peaks yet).

So it's not something that's been explained yet. Which is what I was curious about, really. Time occurring all at once in the lodges seems like a nice explanation.

soundtest

Banned

There's also Laura Palmer's notes that point to Annie informing her of the two coops.

Time aint right in the lodges.

3rdman

They were beautifully written.

Legit choked up at the final phone call. Put in the context of her career and Lynch's, it's especially moving...she was there during Eraserhead and has been a part of Lynch's life ever since...They were (by all accounts) close friends...that final scene must have been heart-breaking to film.

I also teared up with Ed and Norma...damn...finally!!!

Ugh. A fucking cunt posted something about next week on Facebook, and I ended up reading it. CUNTS!

You sure they're not just full of shit? Outside of one of the regions accidentally releasing an episode a few days early and a few photos taken during shooting, there have been zero leaks from this show so far.

JC Sera

You sure they're not just full of shit? Outside of one of the regions accidentally releasing an episode a few days early and a few photos taken during shooting, there have been zero leaks from this show so far.
theres been russian leaks of episode descriptions, that mark frost pretty much confirmed were real

I read them and they spoil a fair few thing, for example the ep15 description spoiled Mr C talks directly with jefferies.

Corpsepyre

Banned
theres been russian leaks of episode descriptions, that mark frost pretty much confirmed were real

I read them and they spoil a fair few thing, for example the ep15 description spoiled Mr C talks directly with jefferies.

Yeah, what I read had EP 15 synopsis up there too, in the same format. Fuckings.

yepyepyep

Good episode. A strong undercurrent of wrongness throughout the majority of the scenes, with the exception of Norma and Ed's scene. Lol at the sound when glove man punches those people in the roadhouse.

I actually really loved the ending with the girl crawling on the floor and screaming. I think I like Lynch films/tv when I don't understand haha.

liquidtmd

Banned
I actually really loved the ending with the girl crawling on the floor and screaming. I think I like Lynch films/tv when I don't understand haha.

Same haha

*Imagines half of the audience identifying with the confused terror of crawling through the roadhouse not knowing what's going on*

Oh- that's awful to hear. At least they're not too widespread like all the GoT leaks have been this season.

hughesta

Banned
I saw a bit of 16's synopsis and thankfully it was nothing I couldn't have seen coming.

I was more upset that I was an hour late to catching the episode and someone on FB posted OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THE TV MADE COOPER WAKE UP

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Only that some people still were hoping that despite everything we knew, that somehow Bowie had shot something. This was the moment were I think anyone holding out hope finally realized that Bowie hadn't been able to film anything.

I was hoping for something, but this was a good way to deal with his character. I'm sure Bowie would have liked it.

I was hoping for something, but this was a good way to deal with his character. I'm sure Bowie would have liked it.

Had he been able to film something, it would have been a cool surprise for the cast and crew to play close to their chests.

But still, I just presumed in his final months Bowie was preoccupied with Blackstar as his final career and artistic moves. Let’s face it, all things considered Phillip Jeffries is an incredibly small part of Bowie’s career.

zeioIIDX

THERE WAS A JEFFRIES IN THE PERCOLATOR.

I'm howling. You know, I used to think the original run of Twin Peaks was really surreal and abstract and weird. But after watching season 3, the original two seasons seem pretty fucking straight forward in comparison lol. Like another user said, I feel kinda dumb and lost while watching season 3. But if it isn't being told chronologically, that could be part of the reason.

I'm Phillip Jeffries, short and stout
Here is my handle, here is my spout.
When I get all steamed up hear me call:
"We're not gonna talk about Judy at all."

I stopped watching this show after episode 10 since there were other things on TV on Sundays at that point. The only way I would even bother watching the rest would be Cooper returning but it sounds like that didn't happen and likely never will. Even if it did, we get three measly fucking episodes of him or less? Might as well not even bother as it would be a joke at this point.

For me, Twin Peaks is as good as dead. This is the last post I'll make in this thread out of respect for people who do watch the show and don't want to see arguments in here.

P.S. David Lynch can go fuck himself with his bullshit.

wellbye.gif

Memorializing the character's name is just straight-up gross. I'm sorry, Frost/Lynch, but if you're really so far up your own asses you think that's appropriate, then I've lost respect for you. I love this shit, but it's a goddamn TV show.

Catherine got an "In Memory Of" on Part 1 already. Now the character passed which is a big loss in Twin Peaks lore and she got her own "In Memory Of." Disrespect me all you want.

Some real lives of the party up in here jeez

Hmmm, not enough Hutch and Chantal love in this thread. Their talks crack me up, vintage Peaks. Very much a contrast to their violent, calculated hits. They always have the fast food to look forward to!

I still need to slomo Duncan Todd's Mr. Bill-esque takedown. Looked like it was crafted stop motion style.

Show has been great, loving these recent eps.

Audioboxer

Great episode. Really wish there could be another season, or even a movie, but I doubt it will ever happen now. Need to find out first how this is ends, but it's Lynch so it won't be straightforward.

Great episode. Really wish there could be another season, or even a movie, but I doubt it will ever happen now. Need to find out first how this is ends, but it's Lynch so it won't be straightforward.

If there's one thing The Return has taught me, it's that more isn't outside the realm of possibility.

I thought more Twin Peaks was impossible.

We got 18 more hours of it and did I mention that it's arguably better than the original series?

So yeah. I got that wrong.

smisk

Great episode, but damn those nighttime scenes looked like ass on Amazon streaming. Looking forward to getting the bluray.

Loved the section with evil Coop going through the gas/station and motel, how it didn't seem to obey the laws of reality at all.
Was it just me or did the motel look similar to the one Laura and Ronnette were at in FWWM?

jon_i634

Banned
Great episode, but damn those nighttime scenes looked like ass on Amazon streaming. Looking forward to getting the bluray.

Don't worry, it looked like garbage on actual-TV Showtime. The compression makes all the dark scenes, especially transitions, look grey and blotchy. I'm sure the Blu-Rays will look gorgeous though.

Don't worry, it looked like garbage on actual-TV Showtime. The compression makes all the dark scenes, especially transitions, look grey and blotchy. I'm sure the Blu-Rays will look gorgeous though.

Need the Blu-Rays. I hope they release it in 4K UHD (and I hope they don't, because I will buy an HDR 4K TV if they do).

Audioboxer

If there's one thing The Return has taught me, it's that more isn't outside the realm of possibility.

I thought more Twin Peaks was impossible.

We got 18 more hours of it and did I mention that it's arguably better than the original series?

So yeah. I got that wrong.

Filming on something new would probably be next year and that will be like 3 years since this was filmed? I think some of the actors will be too old or not want to return again. Sadly some have already died too. Until we see the finale we won't know the state Lynch leaves Twin Peaks in either lol.

Gobias

Banned
I know it's not happening but if it turned out they actually just killed Dougie/Cooper by sticking a fork in an outlet it would probably be the funniest thing in TV history

AudioNoir

Banned
I can't wait for One Punch Man to protect the Very Important Naido

Also it's pretty neat that the first few lines of Dougie's "Gordon Cole" show is someone talking about how great it'll be to get "the old team back again".

Futureman

Filming on something new would probably be next year and that will be like 3 years since this was filmed? I think some of the actors will be too old or not want to return again. Sadly some have already died too. Until we see the finale we won't know the state Lynch leaves Twin Peaks in either lol.

I think they could easily focus on a smaller set of characters and do a shorter season 4 if they wanted. Assuming Coop does come back, it could focus mainly on him. Would be funny with a certain set of Peaks fans writing off the series but then coming back for season 4 if it was more "crowd pleasing."

fenners

i'd take 8 episodes of a S1 throwback

Lynch 100% wouldn't do that but i'd take it

I'll take 8 more episode of whatever Lynch & Frost want, as long as it has the budget & support it deserves.

I really thought Frost was going to get shot in the woods last night :)

mittelos

I can't wait for One Punch Man to protect the Very Important Naido

Also it's pretty neat that the first few lines of Dougie's "Gordon Cole" show is someone talking about how great it'll be to get "the old team back again".
Yeah that dialog from Sunset Blvd fit perfect, also earlier in the episode with Ed and Norma, they lined up some of Ed's dialog and the lyrics from Otis Reddings song perfectly.

On rewatch, of all things for me to have a hard time with- James walking up to a married woman with her husband sitting right there and saying that "he likes her", like what the hell James? Maybe my most disliked scene so far from the season, and in hindsight it seems contrived to just land the boys in jail where the story needs them next.

hughesta

Banned
Yeah that dialog from Sunset Blvd fit perfect, also earlier in the episode with Ed and Norma, they lined up some of Ed's dialog and the lyrics from Otis Reddings song perfectly.

On rewatch, of all things for me to have a hard time with- James walking up to a married woman with her husband sitting right there and saying that "he likes her", like what the hell James? Maybe my most disliked scene so far from the season, and in hindsight it seems contrived to just land the boys in jail where the story needs them next.
James has been established to be 'a little off' since his unshown motorcycle accident, and he spends the line after that stuttering like someone impaired. He probably just doesn't know any better.

also I'm really bummed that no one's uploaded the Charlyne Yi roadhouse scene from last night because that's probably my favorite scene in the entire series

sonto340

Its because James is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom