• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureman

As far as Audrey being in a coma, whenever Sheriff Truman meets with Ben Horne to tell him that Richard ran over the child with a truck, Ben says that Richard grew up without a father. If Audrey has been in a coma, wouldn't he have said he grew up without parents?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Every time we see Phillip Jeffries in this series I think about an interview with Lynch I saw where he said something to the effect of "We had certain ideas which couldn't happen so we came up with new ideas" when asked if he got everyone he wanted back.

Seems pretty clear now that Bowie was a big part of the return at some point, I think the only thing I want to see more than how the show would have turned out with Bowie is the meeting/skype call where they decided that he should be a kettle after realising he couldn't do it.

341a819c6917b8bb28908586e544c9e3.jpg

The Veils posted the video that closed out this weeks episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmyFzEeXhL4

This is one of my favorite scenes so far. I wonder if Charlyne Yi will be in any more episodes.

Also, when it comes to TM, I know Lynch loves the stuff but it that whole thing comes off as really cult like to me. Especially the crazy seminars and shit that cost thousands of dollars. Learning how to meditate is not something wonderfully complex and shouldn't cost all this money. It isn't like Siddhartha sat down one day then was stumped about how to continue meditating because he didn't have someone to he could pay to tell him the super secrets or whatever.

Linkin112

Just thought I was clearing the air about theory reading, already seen enough spoilers as "speculation" for GoT this season, so that kinda ruined my theory reading on that front.

Linkin112

Since all the plot threads have been coming together, I wonder if we'll see anymore of the New York box. The picture of DoppelCooper with whoever else still hasn't really been touched on besides showing it.

Nice. VERY NICE.

Surely not a coincidence? In isolation, Ruby's crawling along the floor and screaming don't really make much sense - it's eccentric behaviour to say the least. In this context though...

Edit - Wait.. the scene doesn't line up, where was Coop moving the salt and pepper pots?

So good. I don't know how to prepare for the inevitable Twin Peaks withdrawal that's on the horizon.

Any word on the audiobook for The Final Dossier? I listened to that while reading along for The Secret History, and would like to do the same with this.

Futureman

Surely not a coincidence? In isolation, Ruby's crawling along the floor and screaming don't really make much sense - it's eccentric behaviour to say the least. In this context though...

Edit - Wait.. the scene doesn't line up, where was Coop moving the salt and pepper pots?

So good. I don't know how to prepare for the inevitable Twin Peaks withdrawal that's on the horizon.

is the salt & pepper just before the comparison starts?

I just went to compare the scenes myself and my 6 month free Showtime trial expired! Normal free trial is only 7 days so I guess Showtime is getting $11 from me.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
My copy of Secret History came in last night and I read the first 40 pages. It's better than I was expecting, really. I thought it might be hokey or feel pointless, but it starts really strong and I'm already excited to get back to it.

Audiobooks are nice, but I'd still recommend grabbing a hardcover as well. This is a fine looking book. I took off the slipcover and it looks great on the coffee table.

Chitown B

rewatching the season. It's much better after you know where things lead, and it's condensed without having to wait a week between. Still glad we get to speculate though. Best of both worlds.

is the salt & pepper just before the comparison starts?

I just went to compare the scenes myself and my 6 month free Showtime trial expired! Normal free trial is only 7 days so I guess Showtime is getting $11 from me.

It is - the scene is longer so they don't line up? I think?

it's fun to watch anyway.

In other news, out of the vast number of Peaks podcasts I've been listening to weekly, this one has become my favourite: https://soundcloud.com/user-301352257

Has an interview with Jake 'Freddie Sykes' Wardle this week.

Futureman

Who wants to bet those Audrey scenes have no satisfying payoff

I think we'll get something... maybe not satisfying to all though.

no one responded to me earlier. Ben Horne says Richard grew up without a father... so I'm guessing Audrey isn't in a coma. Or at least she wasn't when he was growing up.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
but if she's not in a coma and in Twin Peaks then why didn't Truman go visit her instead of Ben

but if she's not in a coma and in Twin Peaks then why didn't Truman go visit her instead of Ben

I reckon she's gone off the deep end and is in an institution, with Charlie playing along just like she did when Ben fell head first into the terrible Civil War plot.

Waking up from a coma to find you're the parent to Satan's spawn will do that to you.

31st of October

Yep but as much as I enjoyed TSHOTP, I'm still annoyed by the inconsistencies. Frost suggested there was a reason for them, but no sign of it yet with three hours to go.

HotHamBoy

I really don't see how they can cover the seediness of the town and Cooper's return in three episodes...

That's 3 hours. Most writers could do the whole season in 3 hours.

Twin Peaks was never about the destination, it's all about the dumb shit along the way.

Not saying that's good or bad, just saying that it is what it is.

HotHamBoy

Audrey was probably my favorite character in the original show (well, for a large portion of it at least) so seeing her character in this state is super frustrating and heartbreaking

also Doop's interaction with Richard seemed to confirm some things

I mean Coop was pretty much everyone's favorite character so...

Lynch seems to be taking a perverse pleasure in what is amounting to the greatest bait-n-switch of TV history.

Cheebo

Banned
The Sarah = Mother thing bothers me at one level.

The Mother is this all powerful being who literally created Bob and is the big baddie of sorts from what we know.

So...why would someone far more powerful than Bob be going around possessing people in Twin Peaks? Seems like it would be below her.

I mean Coop was pretty much everyone's favorite character so...

Lynch seems to be taking a perverse pleasure in what is amounting to the greatest bait-n-switch of TV history.

Gordon is my favorite character, so this season delivers on that level alone.

The Sarah = Mother thing bothers me at one level.

The Mother is this all powerful being who literally created Bob and is the big baddie of sorts from what we know.

So...why would someone far more powerful than Bob be going around possessing people in Twin Peaks? Seems like it would be below her.

The Lodge spirits are trying to get BOB/DoppelCoop back into the Lodge, and there's evidence now that Sarah is being possessed by the Jumping Man. In the last episode, we see the Jumping Man's face superimposed on Sarah's briefly. This fits in with the call from Part 2 in which the fake Jeffries talks to DoppelCoop, and tells him that he/she will be with BOB again soon.

I'm not sure what's the deal with Mother, to be honest. If you believe Sarah was the little girl from part 8, then the frog moth--the baby form of the Experiment--crawled into her mouth and has been growing for decades within her. Though, that remains a BIG IF, and it's unclear why the Jumping Man would also be within Sarah.

Maybe the frogmoth allows the Mother to control Sarah. Sort of like a puppet or proxy.

I like this theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom