• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Zabojnik

Alright, I keep getting the infamous 'A network error occured while joining the game' everytime I try to join an online game. I knew there were problems with connectivity, but this is absurd. Could this be router related somehow? Although the quick online seems to work. EU version here.

Endo Punk

I played my first match online without any problems, fingers crossed it stays that way. Working my way through the story on hard difficulty. The race with Sweet Tooth is a bitch. The fast red vehicle from the demo always gets there before me, any tips?

Unicorn

I played my first match online without any problems, fingers crossed it stays that way. Working my way through the story on hard difficulty. The race with Sweet Tooth is a bitch. The fast red vehicle from the demo always gets there before me, any tips?

Pick kamikaze and use the EMP freeze as soon as possible on Crimson Fury (red car) then press trianlge to get kamikaze's alt special and charge it and release to do AoE freeze so no one can pass you. Repeat as needed. Also, play on Normal first. Easier and story mode unlocks carry to harder difficulties. You need dat juggernaut on Twisted difficulty.

Anyone else getting skin glitches for Sweet Tooth? Every skin I download has some terrible artifacting coloring issues. Also, I'm going to assume the patch comes out next Friday. Pretty sad the support for this game is going to vanish completely after this month :c

Endo Punk

Pick kamikaze and use the EMP freeze as soon as possible on Crimson Fury (red car) then press trianlge to get kamikaze's alt special and charge it and release to do AoE freeze so no one can pass you. Repeat as needed. Also, play on Normal first. Easier and story mode unlocks carry to harder difficulties. You need dat juggernaut on Twisted difficulty.

Yeah that's what I basically did and eventually beat it, done with Sweet Tooth story but Hard is definitely a bitch. Im now stuck on Grimm's first stage lol. Don't think I want to pull my hair out but I want those unlockables, gonna have to start from begininng on medium now. But is it true the game has different endings depending on difficulty level?

edit: The Fuck is this, there is no trophy for hard difficulty :| Might as well go on easy.

Endo Punk

Well shit isn't this glourious. Now the game wont let me continue Grimm's story on the second stage. Just staring at the loading screen which doesn't load -_- Everything else works including online play but can't continue Grimm's story. Is this an an issue most people had? I mean is it the result of a patch or is my disc just stupid?

Unicorn

TM is the only game I have that freezes. 90% of the time I can't play with certain people without it freezing either in-game or loading screens.

I think I had it freeze one time during story.

and I have a Slim 160(?) PS3. Got it in 2010.

Endo Punk

No freezes just that my game wont load in the story mode. I deleted game data and save data cause I thought it may be corrupted but still wont load. Stuck on the load screen whilst every other mode works fine. And it also crashes my PS3 when I try the story mode again. Im just gonna return the disc and exchange it. So damn fun but so annoying that I can't unlock any more weapons and vehicles.

BTW in regards to MP the only problem Im having is that the host won start a game and Im stuck on the match screen for quite a while. Do they think the game will achieve full game player matches? lol. Best to have 6 and start but no one gets that, sigh. Anyway returning the game tomorrow for another one.

TM is like God Hand and Demon's Souls for me. Extremely entertainng full-on proud to be VIDEOGAME experiences.

ElRenoRaven

Was hoping for some making of vids on the disc, But this will do. Hope we see some more :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0trTrP1D5G0#!

Edit: Didn't pick Watkyn’s Harbor to be one of the earlier maps, Thought that would go to sunsprings.

Damn that was awesome. Shame they didn't do a proper making of for the Collector's Editions. This is certainly cool though to see the game from an earlier stage. I agree that I want to see more of that stuff.

Rattles

Yeah, I would probably like that level a lot more... and hate that level a WHOLE lot more with a Talon present.

Blackrock is sooo good for swarmers vs talon, Add in Roadkills special and you got a dead Buzzard :D

Edit: Holy shit! Do they switch the servers to the even shitier ones when america is in bed? This is sooo bad. Games that your friends are in even game you were just in a sec ago are disappearing off the server list... Its even getting stuck on the connecting to server screen and you have to quit the game. Oh and not being able to join parties now too.

Endo Punk

This is getting ridiculous. I exchanged the game for a new disc and Im still have the same problem, at the exact same place. I reach 2nd stage in Grimm's story and just doesn't load, stuck on the load screen with the clock on the bottom left endlessly spinning.

It can'e be my PS3 can it? Ive been reading aorund and heard he game crashing and having issues with old fat models. But if it is a hardware issue then how come I can play other modes and even Sweet Tooth's story except that one stage with Grimm, and without it the remaining story is locked. I seriously hope this can be fixed with a patch.

ElRenoRaven

This is getting ridiculous. I exchanged the game for a new disc and Im still have the same problem, at the exact same place. I reach 2nd stage in Grimm's story and just doesn't load, stuck on the load screen with the clock on the bottom left endlessly spinning.

It can'e be my PS3 can it? Ive been reading aorund and heard he game crashing and having issues with old fat models. But if it is a hardware issue then how come I can play other modes and even Sweet Tooth's story except that one stage with Grimm, and without it the remaining story is locked. I seriously hope this can be fixed with a patch.

Sounds like a corrupted save to me.

Rattles

How long have you left it to load? I can kinda remember a stage I was playing that took ages to load andi've got an old 80gb fat. Other than that best bet is to delete everything and start a new, Sorry dude :/

Endo Punk

I left it for 3 hours and it still didn't load the stage, and I have tried deleting everything and starting up again, could be that the game corrupts save files and needs to be patched. Anyway Im loving the MP and it's a good thing all the vehicles can be played online without unlocking them in story mode. But It's frustrating and I hope Jaffe is aware of this issue, new patch coming next week so fingers crossed in solves my problem :(

Unicorn

9 times out of 10. MP is a lot better than launch, for sure. I just can't play with Rattles because most of the time it will freeze.

Dave apparently posted some "never used" Twisted Metal PS3 endings on Youtube but had to take it down due to a music copyright in the video. Did anyone manage to see the video and/or grab a copy of it before it was taken down?

Helscream

Banned
Well after about taking some days away from Twisted Metal I decided to play some MP this evening and the first game I play is Nuke on Blackrock Stadium. Everything is going good, getting a nice kill streak and keep the opposing team from scoring. So I'm am enjoying myself, Cold Metal starts playing so I am getting into the moment so to speak. Then all the sudden BAM! PS3 just downright locks up and crashes. Having to the system data restore bullshit.

I just don't get it. The games that I enjoy playing so damn much have the most absurd issues. I mean its like having foreplay with a super hot babe then getting kicked right into the nut sack to ruin the moment. I feel like flailing my arms around and yelling "Bob Saget" like the turrets guy.

Endo Punk

I have never played a more broken game in my life. Connection issues, endless loading, freezing in the middle of a match, crashing system. And all this in just half hour of play. I am shocked this is a Sony first party title.
I just don't get it. The games that I enjoy playing so damn much have the most absurd issues. I mean its like having foreplay with a super hot babe then getting kicked right into the nut sack to ruin the moment. I feel like flailing my arms around and yelling "Bob Saget" like the turrets guy.
Very apt

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Jeez this game is trying my patience with all the freezes plus the near impossibility to connect online. Also, where do I find TM: Black? I can't see it anywhere in the menus.

BHK3

Banned
So how long till axel comes out? My multiplayer experience is missing two vehicles and I'm waiting on one of them to be released. Vermin is never gonna get unlocked since those fucking unlock points never came...

Jaffes video went down because of some music copyright? Why doesn't he just copy paste that paragraph thing every person puts on their video so it doesn't get taken down.

Jaffes video went down because of some music copyright? Why doesn't he just copy paste that paragraph thing every person puts on their video so it doesn't get taken down.

Well it looks like he made it public again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3dcocUQgjg

Interesting ending, and I like that Calypso actually says "and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal" this time around.

I still think the live-action was a misstep, though, and that more characters with their respective endings would've made for a better singleplayer experience.. but then again, I don't know how many times I would have been able to go through the awful campaign events and bosses without losing my mind.

ElRenoRaven

Well it looks like he made it public again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3dcocUQgjg

Interesting ending, and I like that Calypso actually says "and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal" this time around.

I still think the live-action was a misstep, though, and that more characters with their respective endings would've made for a better singleplayer experience.. but then again, I don't know how many times I would have been able to go through the awful campaign events and bosses without losing my mind.

Nice. I always love stuff like this.

So how long till axel comes out? My multiplayer experience is missing two vehicles and I'm waiting on one of them to be released. Vermin is never gonna get unlocked since those fucking unlock points never came...

What paragraph?

Endo Punk

Did Sony stealth update Twisted Metal? Im no longer getting loading issues in story mode and I just finished Grimms one. The game just went from a 3/10 to a 7. Now if only the MP is fixed in this weeks patch, it should be releasing tomorrow since the the last two patches also released on Fri I believe.

BTW the Iron Maiden was no joke, Im playing on Hard difficulty and she really gave me a good run. Grimm's bike was the best for me as it made mince meat out of the other vehicles and faster to set off nuke.

BHK3

Banned
Did Sony stealth update Twisted Metal? Im no longer getting loading issues in story mode and I just finished Grimms one. The game just went from a 3/10 to a 7. Now if only the MP is fixed in this weeks patch, it should be releasing tomorrow since the the last two patches also released on Fri I believe.

BTW the Iron Maiden was no joke, Im playing on Hard difficulty and she really gave me a good run. Grimm's bike was the best for me as it made mince meat out of the other vehicles and faster to set off nuke.

I hope they did, maybe my unlock points will be there when I sign back on.

I used junkyard dog, essentially the perfect SP vehicle.

Endo Punk

I hope they did, maybe my unlock points will be there when I sign back on.

I used junkyard dog, essentially the perfect SP vehicle.

I have yet to use many of the vehicles, I normally just rely on Talon to scope the stage and find the mega guns and sniper. Reaper for that awesome fire chainsaw and Sweet tooth truck for the rammin and robo power.

Rattles

I have yet to use many of the vehicles, I normally just rely on Talon to scope the stage and find the mega guns and sniper. Reaper for that awesome fire chainsaw and Sweet tooth truck for the rammin and robo power.
zbZ2b.gif

Endo Punk

Yeah I need to open up to other vehicles :p

Also now Im getting endless loading on DollFace's second stage :\ I was having a nice game of MP then suddenly the connections started dropping and when I went back to the story mode I couldn't continue like last time... some really odd is happening with this game. And when is the patch due? I thought for sure it would be today.

Rattles

Come on update where are you!? Most of my Twisted metal time lately has been trying to join for 5min then giving up and playing gta... This shit better get fucking fixed now.

Endo Punk

Week is basically over and I don't see the patch coming out on a Sun. Thanks a fucking lot Jaffe. I really don't think this game deserved a retail release, it should have been a smalller DD title.

ALSO THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT! WHY DOES STORY MODE NOT WORK HALF THE TIME!!!?

Endo Punk

HAHA! Deleting game data does fix the story loading glitch. Funny I tried that a week ago but it didn't work and I think I know why. When I deleted it first time I went to the online MP before doing the story, it would seem that playing online corrupts the data and thus affects my story mode as well. Hmm the next patch can't come soon enough.

KalBalboa

Banned
I finished my video review over at Find Your Geek for anyone interested in taking a peak.

This game really evolved the formula and stuck to its roots, but in the end the online issues and slightly complicated controls held it back from "gaming nirvana". Still an amazing time though.

Top Bottom