• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Crayolan

I'm on board with Jigglypuff being the Dovahkiin, mostly because I want art of Jiggly wearing a dragonborn helm. In Skyrim, some members of the Companions are werewolves and their opposing faction is the Sliver Hand, our rival being Silver and his pokemon eventually becoming Ambipom, which uses its tails as hands. Also I shall from henceforth be referring to our Trapinch as Lil' Paarthursnax.

Something to note: because of the streamer changing the randomizer settings to fix the bug which resulted in most trainers having their standard teams (which also removed type-themed gyms), Silver might not have the same starter anymore. This is also why Joey suddenly talks to us about his top percentage spearow despite having a rattata when we battled him. We'll know for sure soon.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So 4's Aipom got replaced by a Houndoom. We have the shittiest luck ever.

Yep. Falkner had a Shellos (mono water) and a Nidoran (mono poison).

well this run just lost my interest. Everyone having a random type theme was the best part of Fire Red!

kyo2004

Bill-Sanctioned Shenanigans - First and Last Warning
6YSNpxF.png

Zetsu is on fire...Why Bill is so upset this time with Ao-chan?...

TPP HG Intro - Ao The Chosen One

Crayolan

well this run just lost my interest. Everyone having a random type theme was the best part of Fire Red!
I'm really liking the new trainer as a werewolf. Also Trapinch as a starter is awesome. I'm gonna miss the type-themed gyms though.

Update! The streamer re-re-randomized it, so now type themes have returned.

Wow. A Mamoswine with priority ice moves LOL

And this is the result. Ground type Bugsy with a Mamoswine. Fuck.

Also 4's new new starter is a Kricketot, and we finally managed to beat him.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

And this is the result. Ground type Bugsy with a Mamoswine. Fuck.

Also 4's new new starter is a Kricketot, and we finally managed to beat him.

Awesome! Only now I wonder what Faulkner retroactively was lol. Maybe we can find out from a challenge battle later (unless those get randomized again too...)

PBalfredo

I look away for a second a look back and we have freakin' Groudon! How did we get it? Gift pokemon?

TPP's third legendary. First Zapdos, then Mew, now Groundon.

Edit: Groudon's ability is Water Absorb!

PBalfredo

Oh I didn't see this earlier. That's great news!

Also it looks like Trapinch, Smoochums and Groudon all have mail on them. Looking pretty good.

Seeing Groudon Focus Blast a lil level 10 Starly just now is hilarious.

Temathael

Haha so good. Though I can totally see the chat / the trolls wanting to deliver that Groudon if things start getting too easy.

Ultratech

What is this I don't even HOW'D WE GET SO LUCKY? This is too amazing.

Normally, one of the guards around Goldenrod (or so) gives you a Spearow w/Mail that you deliver to somebody.
(Of course, you can never give it to the guy and you get a free Pokemon.)

Randomizer turned it into a Groudon. :D

Normally, one of the guards around Goldenrod (or so) gives you a Spearow w/Mail that you deliver to somebody.
(Of course, you can never give it to the guy and you get a free Pokemon.)

Randomizer turned it into a Groudon. :D

Watch chat deliver it to the guy by accident.
Btw, this means Groudon's safe from the PC
Also means no droughts in Kenya
I am so so sorry

Ondore

Hey, let's see how the Mankeys are doing now...

I look away for a second a look back and we have freakin' Groudon! How did we get it? Gift pokemon?

TPP's third legendary. First Zapdos, then Mew, now Groundon.

Edit: Groudon's ability is Water Absorb!

s-ARSENIO-large300.jpg

Edit: And it already pays off, Whitney and her Magnemite/Steelix combo got rekt by a Bone Rush and a Focus Blast.

PBalfredo

Ha Ha. The only one who can learn Cut in our Party is Groudon.

Holy shit we have a GRODON! How?

It's a mail carrier Groudon. If you want to send someone a letter, you give the letter to a Groudon, give the Groudon to some random trainer and hope the trainer delivers the letter for you.

It's not a very efficient system.

Top Bottom